What's new

The “Princes” of Iran Speak Out as Regime Fears Collapse

The previous regime of Iran was supposedly your ally, This is what you've done to them:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Flower#Fraud

The current regime knows how to treat you well. Israel is the most two faced country in the world.
Yep, Israel gave Argentina Skyhawk jets and continued to arm Argentina during the Falklands War with weapons that were used to kill dozens of Brits.

And of course everyone knows what the Israelis did to USS Liberty.

I used to think Vilayat e Faqih was a form of Iranian imperial roadmap/doctrine that envisaged spreading control over most of the middle east via proxies.

Is the meaning given in the OP the correct one? i.e. elected government controlled by the clergy?

Cheers, Doc

I used to think Vilayat e Faqih was a form of Iranian imperial roadmap/doctrine that envisaged spreading control over most of the middle east via proxies.

Is the meaning given in the OP the correct one? i.e. elected government controlled by the clergy?

Cheers, Doc
You were mistaken and the OP is correct. It's just a system of Islamic governance where one leader controls/decides matters, but there is a lot of disagreement even among shia scholars/clerics as to whether it is islamically justified and how much control the jurist should have. for example in iraq shia scholars stay in najaf and don't try to impose their rule over the population, whereas in iran khamenei and his ilk think they are a guardian of iran.

You were mistaken and the OP is correct. It's just a system of Islamic governance where one leader controls/decides matters, but there is a lot of disagreement even among shia scholars/clerics as to whether it is islamically justified and how much control the jurist should have. for example in iraq shia scholars stay in najaf and don't try to impose their rule over the population, whereas in iran khamenei and his ilk think they are a guardian of iran.

If its not outside the scope of this topic I'd like to learn how this religious Shia head is chosen, term, etc.

And I've heard they've been of mixed ethnicity? Not Persian? I've read Arab, Azeri ...

Does that create any resentment in the Persian majority?

Also, what exactly does he control? And then what is left for an Ahmedanijad or a Rouhani ?

Cheers, Doc

If its not outside the scope of this topic I'd like to learn how this religious Shia head is chosen, term, etc.

And I've heard they've been of mixed ethnicity? Not Persian? I've read Arab, Azeri ...

Also, what exactly does he control? And then what is left for an Ahmedanijad or a Rouhani ?

Cheers, Doc
there has only been two, khomeini and khamenei. khomeini is persian but some say he is indian because his grandparents lived there and in his writings he writes his pen name as something indian lets say. khamenei is azeri. no resentment for those reasons that i know of.

what he controls is not clear, i think we can say everything needs his permission, but sometimes he will give permission if he thinks the people support it, like the negotiations with the US etc for the iran deal. he was opposed but people voted for rouhani so he gave his consent, but it was clear he didnt like it. now the irgc and other factions are powerful so it's not clear that he can just give orders and everyone will listen. rouhani has limited powers, cannot go against the leader but can set an agenda and try to implement it in majlis (parliament), but hardliners control all the institutions from judiciary to security to council of experts and guardian council (control who can run for elections, what bills can be passed, etc).

as for who chooses, there is a body that can supposedly fire a leader, but it has never done so and half of it is appointed by the leader himself so it's unlikely it ever would.

i think not enough is spoken about how khomeini's idea of the guardian of the jurist has very little support among shia scholars, even in iran none of the top shia scholars supported it. he started by saying he would just advise on things but then, of course, slowly became a dictator instead.

Last edited:
there has only been two, khomeini and khamenei. khomeini is persian but some say he is indian because his grandparents lived there and in his poetry he writes his pen name as something indian lets say. khamenei is azeri. no resentment for those reasons that i know of.

what he controls is not clear, i think we can say everything needs his permission, but sometimes he will give permission if he thinks the people support it, like the negotiations with the US etc for the iran deal. he was opposed but people voted for rouhani so he gave his consent, but it was clear he didnt like it. now the irgc and other factions are powerful so it's not clear that he can just give orders and everyone will listen. rouhani has limited powers, cannot go against the leader but can set an agenda and try to implement it in majlis (parliament), but hardliners control all the institutions from judiciary to security to council of experts and guardian council (control who can run for elections, what bills can be passed, etc).

as for who chooses, there is a body that can supposedly fire a leader, but it has never done so and half of it is appointed by the leader himself so it's unlikely it ever would.

i think not enough is spoken about how khomeini's idea of the guardian of the jurist has very little support about shia scholars, even in iran none of the top shia scholars supported it. he started by saying he would just advise on things but then, of course, slowly became a dictator instead.

Brilliant post. Thanks a lot.

Good night.

Ushta te.

Cheers, Doc

Brilliant post. Thanks a lot.

Good night.

Ushta te.

Cheers, Doc
khahesh mikonam. you should seek the opinions of other iranians on here, they are disproportionately conservative and pro-IRI in my opinion but i do not have a monopoly of knowledge and they are very knowledgeable.

@Hack-Hook @Cthulhu etc

shab bekheir!

khahesh mikonam. you should seek the opinions of other iranians on here, they are disproportionately conservative and pro-IRI in my opinion but i do not have a monopoly of knowledge and they very knowledgeable.

@Hack-Hook @Cthulhu etc

shab bekheir!

Most of them are hostile towards Parsis.

I'm open to anyone.

Ask Tokhme jan.

I'm not new here. You guys are the third Persian generation I've engaged with.

Cheers, Doc

Most of them are hostile towards Parsis.

I'm open to anyone.

Ask Tokhme jan.

I'm not new here. You guys are the third Persian generation I've engaged with.

Cheers, Doc
I can understand hostility to your vision of Zoroastrian vs Muslim end game if they are religious, but to Parsis in general I don't think so

here is a question , what you mean by Religious Shia Head ?
are you meaning Supreme leader or are you meaning top clerics ?
by the way khomeini was Persian and honestly Azeri people are also Iranian , I doubt you can find a single person in Iran who resent Khamenei for having Azeri ancestor . (well that's an expression as you can always find such hot headed persons who resent some body for their ethnicity but I assure you they are being laughed at)

I can understand hostility to your vision of Zoroastrian vs Muslim end game if they are religious, but to Parsis in general I don't think so

Obviously it's a religious thing.

Your clerics seem to be united with Erdogan and the Turks in considering our faith the enemy.

Erdogan and the Turks mean nothing to us.

Cheers, Doc

Obviously it's a religious thing.

Your clerics seem to be united with Erdogan and the Turks in considering our faith the enemy.

Erdogan and the Turks mean nothing to us.

Cheers, Doc
OK, Are you talking about wannabe Kudistanis again?

OK, Are you talking about wannabe Kudistanis again?

No.

And it's the new year (Gregorian) so I don't even want to get into the irony of someone saying that Zoroastrianism is the biggest threat facing Shia Islam.

Cheers, Doc

there has only been two, khomeini and khamenei. khomeini is persian but some say he is indian because his grandparents lived there and in his poetry he writes his pen name as something indian lets say. khamenei is azeri. no resentment for those reasons that i know of.

i think not enough is spoken about how khomeini's idea of the guardian of the jurist has very little support about shia scholars, even in iran none of the top shia scholars supported it. he started by saying he would just advise on things but then, of course, slowly became a dictator instead.

That is really interesting post. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom