What's new

The Plight of the Adivasis, Indian State Terrorism & the Moist Rebellion

who r we to make decisions on their behalf. Let them be the judge of their own life. All we can do is lend a helping hand.Unfortunately that helping hand is killing them let alone raise them out of poverty.

But then there will be no progress , no development and the Adivasis will still be discontented and complain that the Government is neglecting them and providing no funds for their welfare ....you see the contradiction...

We cannot just pour money to preserve Aadivasi style of living ....we must invest in them only if they return the investment in terms of modernizing their community , and working shoulder to shoulder with every other Indian for the prosperity of the nation .

Giving benefits is no one way process....not for any one ....

The law of the country holds supreme.It applies to all Indian,irrespective of being a tribal or non-tribal.you cannot just go on bloeing up roads and killing people just because you think that it is the right way to protest.

What else would you do if the govt that is supposed to protect you starts burning down ur homes as is evident from this video.Try convincing the jews in germany under hitler with ur logic.

Do not forget that India was never a single unified country before the britishers. A part of the reason being so much cultural diversity throughout India. Once India was concieved , every Indian was given a right to freedom.Clearly in this case this has not been respected.....

So yeah throw IPC in the ocean coz there is none for these helpless guys anyways

What is this ????? You don't know the history of your own country ?

Please don't spread misinformation....:frown:

I have finished watching the documentary, and I must say in this case, I support the Indians 100% in wiping out the Maoist menace.

They may have some legitimate grievances, but there is nothing legitimate in blowing up trains and killing innocent people.

They are anti-national and anti-development. They have nothing good to offer at all.

But then there will be no progress , no development and the Adivasis will still be discontented and complain that the Government is neglecting them and providing no funds for their welfare ....you see the contradiction...

We cannot just pour money to preserve Aadivasi style of living ....we must invest in them only if they return the investment in terms of modernizing their community , and working shoulder to shoulder with every other Indian for the prosperity of the nation .

Giving benefits is no one way process....not for any one ....

No sir i do not see the contradiction as killing them with such brutality takes precedence over any sort of progress

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

What is this ????? You don't know the history of your own country ?

Please don't spread misinformation....:frown:
I do may u should to. an example in the case is Sikh Maharajas actually sided with the british during the 1857 revolution.and now the very same region makes the bread basket of India

No sir i do not see the contradiction as killing them with such brutality takes precedence over any sort of progress

Government does not kill tribals ...they kill maoist foot soldiers who just happen to be tribals...

The Government does what it can for the development of the region ---- Utilize the resources , mining , forestry .....

It may be argued that Tribals sometimes don't receive proper compensation but when the Govt tries to negotiate , seek a compromise why dont they respond instead of taking up arms ?

I have finished watching the documentary, and I must say in this case, I support the Indians 100% in wiping out the Maoist menace.

They may have some legitimate grievances, but there is nothing legitimate in blowing up trains and killing innocent people.

They are anti-national and anti-development. They have nothing good to offer at all.

Its big coming from you bro. At last you saw the light at the end of the tunnel but the funny fact is that Al Jazeera tried its level best to make the documentary look anti-Indian.

I do may u should to. an example in the case is Sikh Maharajas actually sided with the british during the 1857 revolution.and now the very same region makes the bread basket of India

Maybe you should refer emperor Ashoka in ancient India for starters. Civilization is not build in a day but in centuries. Our history does not begin from the British East India company.

Let us leave this angle though ...its offtopic..

Simple..don't side with Maoists and help in the development of the nation and very soon CRPF will return to their barracks.

What else would you do if the govt that is supposed to protect you starts burning down ur homes as is evident from this video.Try convincing the jews in germany under hitler with ur logic.

I am of the opinion that each and every case is unique and hence incomparable to any other.The cases of jews under Nazi Germany is definitely not applicable here.We are not systematically gassing out the tribals.
There has been no case of systematic atrocity against the tribals as a part of government policy.There has been cases,I agree,but then they are free to protest against it,block roads,march in the cities bringing out rallies,work with the NGOs,do a lockdown,whatever.But,it does not give you the rights to take up arms and attack public services,blow up roads,derail trains like Gyaneswari Express.Someone does that and he is an enemy of the state.

The maosists/naxalites are unorganized and even they are totally unclear about their objectives.What is there demand.Have they ever tried to talk to the government over the negotiation table.Have they ever tried to put forward their demands and grievances in front of the media so that people may know about it and hence raise concern?
That they won't do,as they consider the entire government to be their enemy and seek to overthrow it.Now,is that a practically feasible solution.It looks like the mental absurdities of an adamant child who has been denied a new toy.

The maosists are seeking a revolution and no revolution has ever been successful without people's support.The government is doing a good job nowadays by improving the infrastructure and public services in tribal areas thus winning over minds.
Had those maoists been courageous and sane enough,then they would have worked for the sake of development and not against it.

I am of the opinion that each and every case is unique and hence incomparable to any other.The cases of jews under Nazi Germany is definitely not applicable here.We are not systematically gassing out the tribals.
There has been no case of systematic atrocity against the tribals as a part of government policy.There has been cases,I agree,but then they are free to protest against it,block roads,march in the cities bringing out rallies,work with the NGOs,do a lockdown,whatever.But,it does not give you the rights to take up arms and attack public services,blow up roads,derail trains like Gyaneswari Express.Someone does that and he is an enemy of the state.

The maosists/naxalites are unorganized and even they are totally unclear about their objectives.What is there demand.Have they ever tried to talk to the government over the negotiation table.Have they ever tried to put forward their demands and grievances in front of the media so that people may know about it and hence raise concern?
That they won't do,as they consider the entire government to be their enemy and seek to overthrow it.Now,is that a practically feasible solution.It looks like the mental absurdities of an adamant child who has been denied a new toy.

The maosists are seeking a revolution and no revolution has ever been successful without people's support.The government is doing a good job nowadays by improving the infrastructure and public services in tribal areas thus winning over minds.
Had those maoists been courageous and sane enough,then they would have worked for the sake of development and not against it.

No , we are burning down their houses it is much more quicker.What amazes me is that when we know a higher percentage of our leaders are criminals then how you guys actually expect them to treat adivasis fairly.

Even basic logic would say that our leaders have a much higher chance of being in the wrong side of the law than thses villagers

But the funny fact is that Al Jazeera tried its level best to make the documentary look anti-Indian.

Yeah, I noticed.

Doesn't change the basic facts though. The Maoists are pretty much terrorists, i.e. they kill innocent people. And their victims are mostly their fellow tribals, the same people they claim to be protecting.

Honestly though, I am just freaked out that it might happen in China again. We've already seen what extreme forms of Maoist ideology did over here. The Red Guards and the Cultural Revolution, among other things.

No , we are burning down their houses it is much more quicker.What amazes me is that when we know a higher percentage of our leaders are criminals then how you guys actually expect them to treat adivasis fairly.

Even basic logic would say that our leaders have a much higher chance of being in the wrong side of the law than thses villagers

I would like to repeat again,we are not systematically wiping out any tribals.It is not that they are any less Indian than us.If there has been any issue,we have laws to handle them.nobody has the right to take law in his own hands.As simple as that

I would like to repeat again,we are not systematically wiping out any tribals.It is not that they are any less Indian than us.If there has been any issue,we have laws to handle them.nobody has the right to take law in his own hands.As simple as that

I believe the Goverment should increase attempts to bring these Tribals into mainstream society . Offer them free education to catch up with our fast paced competitive world, aggressively pursue educational programs about the benefits of working in our industries , subsidize their living costs etc etc.

Quickly modernize the Tribals and the maoists loose their main support base.

okay , it hasnt worked foe the last 3o years. hope for a better future

Back
Top Bottom