What's new

The Palestinian UN bid for recognition of state

If Olmert's proposals seems reasonable to you, then why the Palestinians did not accept them? I think the answer is clear: Their prime objective is not to establish a state next to Israel but a state that will replace Israel by insisting on the so-called 'right of return'.

I assure you that Israel, both its people and its leadership, will never accept this demand which is preposterous. The Arabs should pressurise the Palestinians to abandon it and help their refugees to settle in their home countries.

As I said, IF Olmert really offered what he professes in the NY Times article, as quoted above, then Abbas was stupid enough to have rejected that. Yes, giving up the 'right of return' is a potential fatal blow to Abbas--millions of Pals dispossessed can lynch him--but that kind of painful compromises will have to be born and the Saudi Peace Plan envisions such a scenario.
Question will remain: Did Olmert offer that or not? He is out of power. He can say anything now. I am poor. I can gave you a million bucks right now. Want some?
But what is stopping Netanyahu from offering the same as Olmert? Oh, let me guess: Because he is in power and so he will actually have to deliver.

PS. @RockyX: Your views are Fascistic and disgrace to India and the humanity at large.

My "ancestral" homes are in Germany and Scotland.

You forgot Antarctica. If you are ashamed to admit your Indian background, no worries. We are used to it around here.

That said, I don't remember Jews living in "Greater Mumbai" before Indians, buying all the "Greater Mumbai" before they decide to move in. Unlike "Palestine", Greater Mumbai never was an empty desert, very sparsely populated by people. There were Jews in Israel when word Arab was not even coined.

This BBC documentary answers all the lies, half-truths and outright propaganda that Israeli apologists trot out.

Briefly,
-- Jews did not buy out "all the" land, or even any significant portion, as you claim.
-- Palestine was not an empty desert; it had a thriving Palestinian nation living there for generations.
-- Jews made up less than 3% of the population EVEN AFTER decades of migration by the British and others in the early 20th century.
-- Jews invaded and decimated the native Canaanites and colonized their land 3000 years ago Much as they did again in the 20th century to the Palestinians. They were never native to this land. Always the invaders.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Developereo,
Well said and spot on.
Buying 15,000+ sq km land?!! And since when does 'buying' land leads to nationhood.

Israeli apologists here are more Israelis than even the Fmr. PM like Olmert.

@Developereo,
Well said and spot on.
Buying 15,000+ sq km land?!! And since when does 'buying' land leads to nationhood.

Israeli apologists here are more Israelis than even the Fmr. PM like Olmert.

At least the settlers are honest. They dispense with the bullsiht rationalizations and claim outright that the land is their because of Abraham's Covenant.

At the root of it, that's the only justification Israelis can claim: "'cause our God said so...."

At least the settlers are honest. They dispense with the bullsiht rationalizations and claim outright that the land is their because of Abraham's Covenant.

At the root of it, that's the only justification Israelis can claim: "'cause our God said so...."

Yes, exactly. Settlers are honest, even if fanatics.
Much better than 'we bought the land'. 'UN Mandate'. We 'conquered' after 'attacked'. We won't leave because they will terrorize us.
All garbage.

PS. If Olmert's really means it then about time Kadima comes to power.

Back
Top Bottom