What's new

The Netherlands Tells Immigrants to Learn Dutch or Get Out - Video - TIME.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Netherlands Tells Immigrants to Learn Dutch or Get Out - Video - TIME.com

see the video.

the problem here is that those few people there( like @Hasbara Buster ) are creating a problem for the vast majority of both muslim immgrants and non muslim ones.

I never understood why when the second genration will always speak the countries native languge , is the first generation being singled out. Old people are not the problem.

I can understand security concerns around burkha etc and I have even supported it.
But this is just going overboard in my opinion

If you live in another country, especially in a western nation where the government spends huge sums on social things, the least thing that one can expect is that an immigrant gets his things together and learns the local language instead of setting up parallel societies...

@JayAtl What's up with the thread title?

Since when has inserting your personal opinion in the news article become your habit?

i totally support its better u stay in your hell hole rather than destroy beautiful places and make it another hell hole

@JayAtl What's up with the thread title?

Since when has inserting your personal opinion in the news article become your habit?

it is an old thread and I don't get why in a forum where discussion is key , can one not post an opinion, clearly indicating as such- backed with a link. IMO this is done not as a security measure rather specifically because of the anti- Muslim fear mongering present in that country. i.e. My opinion... free for all to disagree and debate on those key points or ignore.

apparently an over month old thread was not ignored

it is an old thread and I don't get why in a forum where discussion is key , can one not post an opinion, clearly indicating as such- backed with a link. IMO this is done not as a security measure rather specifically because of the anti- Muslim fear mongering present in that country. i.e. My opinion... free for all to disagree and debate on those key points or ignore.

apparently an over month old thread was not ignored

Man, just a month old thread isn't as old as you are calling it. This website is made for opinions, so they are welcomed, but the opinions should always come in the content, not as the thread title, and be visibly marked as such, and not inserted in such a disguised way as you did. We all spare no sweat in accusing Pakistanis when they change the thread title to troll around, why should you be treated any differently? That was all I wanted to say.

As far as content is concerned, it is another matter on which I completely disagree with you.

Man, just a month old thread isn't as old as you are calling it. This website is made for opinions, so they are welcomed, but the opinions should always come in the content, not as the thread title, and be visibly marked as such, and not inserted in such a disguised way as you did. We all spare no sweat in accusing Pakistanis when they change the thread title to troll around, why should you be treated any differently? That was all I wanted to say.

As far as content is concerned, it is another matter on which I completely disagree with you.

opinion is based on the content. I presume you did not view the " content / video"...

and you can feel free to complain about the title. Unlike others I DID NOT alter a title of an existing article, post no opinion and simple copy pasted the article. there is a marked difference ...

opinion is based on the content. I presume you did not view the " content / video"...

and you can feel free to complain about the title. Unlike others I DID NOT alter a title of an existing article, post no opinion and simple copy pasted the article. there is a marked difference ...

I don't know what you are trying to justify here. The content title on the source link clearly says "The Netherlands Tells Immigrants to Learn Dutch or Get Out", and you ended up creating a title that includes terms like anti Muslim and ridiculous.

I did watch the video. Not in a habit of making a post unless I am fully aware of the content.

Any way, I was basically wondering why would you change the thread title that comes out completely different from what it says on the source link. Thanks for your words.

I don't know what you are trying to justify here. The content title on the source link clearly says "The Netherlands Tells Immigrants to Learn Dutch or Get Out", and you ended up creating a title that includes terms like anti Muslim and ridiculous.

I did watch the video. Not in a habit of making a post unless I am fully aware of the content.

Any way, I was basically wondering why would you change the thread title that comes out completely different from what it says on the source link. Thanks for your words.

the source is a video, my title and post was my opinion- and I backed my opinion it w/ a video. and now you are boring me...

Last edited:
the source is a video, my title and pots was my opinion- and I backed my opinion it w/ a video. and now you are boring me...

Of course, pointing out your self-denigrating and mass-appeasing actions will always bore you. Like I said, thanks for letting it out. :)

Im not sure how Muslims are the only targets in this. Any immigrant that cannot learn the local language is only going to be problem for the government and locals.

ALSO.. the OP is warned about altering titles of news to reflect their OWN opinion. You may express opinion in the opening post but NOT in the title.

Of course, pointing out your self-denigrating and mass-appeasing actions will always bore you. Like I said, thanks for letting it out. :)

did you learn those two words today?
because they don't make any sense in how you've used it in your sentence. seriously, learn to at least throw an insult in its proper context. :lol:

Im not sure how Muslims are the only targets in this. Any immigrant that cannot learn the local language is only going to be problem for the government and locals.

ALSO.. the OP is warned about altering titles of news to reflect their OWN opinion. You may express opinion in the opening post but NOT in the title.

I did not alter the title about a news.

I posted an opinion and had a link to a video to backup my opinion.

Unless you are saying that this site should only be a copy paste of news from other sites? if not- please explain how one can have an opinion post here, without showing some evidence to the opinion? what if i posted five different sources of evidence? am I put 5 titles on from each?

secondly, if this was NOT done because of the anti- muslim hysteria, then why was this not place decades ago? Yeah they covered it up as everyone needs to... but in my opinion I know exactly where the basis of this new law lies. EVEN THE GUY who is fervently anti muslim wrote the law!

Last edited:
did you learn those two words today?
because they don't make any sense in how you've used it in your sentence. seriously, learn to at least throw an insult in its proper context. :lol:

Get a grip on yourself man, you are losing it. Got anything to say on the topic then go ahead, otherwise don't waste my time. Want attention? Make sense.

Get a grip on yourself man, you are losing it. Got anything to say on the topic then go ahead, otherwise don't waste my time. Want attention? Make sense.

How can I seek attention when I did not come posting about this thread , you did - and it was you who called it my attention. you wanted some attention...:)

I am off to San Francisco for a conference ... so there you wont have to get perturbed anymore. have a nice day!

Unless you are saying that this site should only be a copy paste of news from other sites? if not- please explain how one can have an opinion post here, without showing some evidence to the opinion? what if i posted five different sources of evidence? am I put 5 titles on from each?

Post the title as it is... and then give your opinion on it. Do not engage in fox news antics of twisting an event to paint it the way you see it and calling it news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom