What's new

The Netherlands Tells Immigrants to Learn Dutch or Get Out - Video - TIME.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that its a pretty fair demand. If someone migrates to Pakistan and not speak Urdu, it would create issues.

Dutch Govt needs to make it easy for migrants to learn the language.

I think that its a pretty fair demand. If someone migrates to Pakistan and not speak Urdu, it would create issues.

Thanks.
Dutch Govt needs to make it easy for migrants to learn the language.

We do, and i have reason to believe it's even free (the courses).

As long as they are making attempts to help the immigrants to learn Dutch i don't think its unfair or unreasonable pretty much a requirement otherwise how would they function in a foreign society without being well acquainted with the native language. But it all depends on how the government handles the issue.

And all kids have some difficulty at each exam. What's your point about it going on for a long time?

well we (countries in north-west EU) have immigrants because we had jobs to offer them, they took the jobs, we expect them to learn the local language. don't you muslims do the same in your countries for immigrants?

Jayatl is a Hindu disguise under the pretense of an American. I agree that immigrants need to learn the native language of whatever country they reside in.

The Netherlands Tells Immigrants to Learn Dutch or Get Out - Video - TIME.com

see the video.

the problem here is that those few people there( like @Hasbara Buster ) are creating a problem for the vast majority of both muslim immgrants and non muslim ones.

I never understood why when the second genration will always speak the countries native languge , is the first generation being singled out. Old people are not the problem.

I can understand security concerns around burkha etc and I have even supported it.
But this is just going overboard in my opinion

You mean they ask them to learn the language of their adoptive country,the country in which they'll live,work,get an education or benefits ??

Oh man,this is ruthless,it's Autschwithz 2.0 !!

Jayatl is a Hindu disguise under the pretense of an American. I agree that immigrants need to learn the native language of whatever country they reside in.

The fk is a Hindu disguise? Cant a person be Hindu American?

On topic: Problem is not the language alone. This is what irked people -
Retreat from Multiculturalism - China.org.cn

In the latest case, the Dutch government decided to abandon its long-standing model of multiculturalism that permitted Muslim immigrants to create a virtual parallel society.

In a covering letter to new integrative legislation presented to parliament, Interior Minister Piet Hein Donner declared: "The government shares the social dissatisfaction over the multicultural society model and plans to shift priority to the values of the Dutch people."

Proper integration of the more than one million Muslims now living in Holland has been a major political issue ever since 2002, when Dutch politician Pim Fortuyn was assassinated for his criticism of Muslim immigration, and since 2004, when Dutch filmmaker Theo van Gogh was stabbed to death for producing a movie criticizing Islam.

The new approach places more demands on immigrants, who will be required to learn the Dutch language, and involves a tougher approach to immigrants who ignore Dutch values or disobey Dutch law, including removal of residence permits.

Though I would like to tell people that it is very old news.

The nation, as human have the instinct of self-preservation. In the North-European nations this instinct gradually activated.

How are these anti muslims measures????????

It doesn't.It applies as much to let's say romanian immigrants but the OP wanted a sensationalist title to get the "westerners are KKK members" bandwagon started once again on PDF.

there is nothing ridiculous about wanting immigrants to learn the native language.....

You mean they ask them to learn the language of their adoptive country,the country in which they'll live,work,get an education or benefits ??

Oh man,this is ruthless,it's Autschwithz 2.0 !!
relax, we're not asking anyone to learn our entire language in 2 weeks ;)

and you can get by on english just fine in NL, in day to day life. we just dont like our language territory 'attacked' by not having this law...

Why offer jobs? Coz we needed them filled, and there were plenty of muslims eager for a chance at a peaceful life in our region. That's why. It's a case of demand and supply, nothing less.

And the Dutch language IS universal, in that country. You want to learn only English? Go to the UK. You don't mind learning German? You can go live in Germany.

language apartheid? you might wanna reconsider before grabbing for 'the big labels', coz i tend to shred those up in debates.

Let more and more muslims come and live in Netherlands and see how much peace is left when they are in majority.

You would end up learning Urdu/Arabian and a minority in your own country.

Well its very easy,when you come to a country to live work or study,you learn the culture and language.
Many people didnt because there was not such a law.
I find it a good thing,Geert Wilders is allways complaining about Muslims not adapting to the Dutch society,this way he cant whine about the language barrier many Muslims are facing.
I'm in favor of this law,its not like they are going to send you back when you do your best and dont succeed.
In my case,i started in nursery school(Kidergarden),so never had any problems.
It might not be targeted at all Muslims, but I guess Moroccan diaspora has forced them to take strict measures. You can find Muslims from many countries including Pakistan and Turkey(specially) well integrated with the society. But that seems not to be the case with Moroccan immigrants. And it is not the first generation, the ones born in Holland are not ready to integrate. In Utrecht, if you go to Utrecht overvecht it is world apart from the rest of the city. Too early to call it a no go area or ghetto but they are reaching there.
Moroccan Crime in the Netherlands & the Myths of Multiculturalism

Dutch are retards.

They vote for Muslim-hating bigot Greet Wilders in big numbers, making him the "mainstream" political player.

Guess what? His "Ten points agenda on Muslim" regards Islam not as religion and states to make efforts to get Islam recognized as a political system instead of a religion, so "Freedom of religion" doesn't apply here.

Moreover, he plans to expel, forcefully, tens of millions of Muslims out of Europe.

And dutch retards voted him into power!!!

I wonder how @peacefan explains this?

It might not be targeted at all Muslims, but I guess Moroccan diaspora has forced them to take strict measures. You can find Muslims from many countries including Pakistan and Turkey(specially) well integrated with the society. But that seems not to be the case with Moroccan immigrants. And it is not the first generation, the ones born in Holland are not ready to integrate. In Utrecht, if you go to Utrecht overvecht it is world apart from the rest of the city. Too early to call it a no go area or ghetto but they are reaching there.
Moroccan Crime in the Netherlands & the Myths of Multiculturalism

lol..the source you quoted is an right-wing nutjob website gatestone. Are you THAT retard?

Next time, when the issue of homosexuality is discussed, I'll quote right-wing Russian Neo-Nazis' websites on the "danger of faggots and their secret plot"

Low-life indians spreading propaganda against Muslims like always.

Dutch are retards.

They vote for Muslim-hating bigot Greet Wilders in big numbers, making him the "mainstream" political player.

Guess what? His "Ten points agenda on Muslim" regards Islam not as religion and states to make efforts to get Islam recognized as a political system instead of a religion, so "Freedom of religion" doesn't apply here.

Moreover, he plans to expel, forcefully, tens of millions of Muslims out of Europe.

And dutch retards voted him into power!!!

I wonder how @peacefan explains this?

lol..the source you quoted is an right-wing nutjob website gatestone. Are you THAT retard?

Next time, when the issue of homosexuality is discussed, I'll quote right-wing Russian Neo-Nazis' websites on the "danger of faggots and their secret plot"

Low-life indians spreading propaganda against Muslims like always.
I have stayed and worked in Utrecht for several years, what I mentioned is my experience based on the opinions of native people I met. May be @peacefan can correct me if I am wrong. But then again you can discard me as I am an Indian(less credible than right-wing Russian Neo-Nazis). Seems like calling others retard has taken you far enough to be a senior member here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom