What's new

The Largest Country Without Medals in Rio: Pakistan

It is unfair to say India only won 2 medals and paint it as if we were only slightly better than Pakistan. Nothing could be further from the truth! We had a team of 120 athletes and all of them qualified on merit, Pakistan had 0. We also came close of winning quite a few medals. I mean you get no medal for both coming 4th and not qualifying, that does not mean both suck equally. Of course we have a lot of room for improvement but we were not very far from getting a respectable tally. There were a lot of near misses.
I was going to say that to @Arsalan .. this is a common misconception among pakistani posters that India sent a big contingent just to show off... well these guys qualified the criteria...
of course you want bigger percent to convert into medals, but you cant stop an athlete from going to olympics if he/she has met the criteria.. (if you can afford).

How many medals did women got in women track and field?

In most women track and field events, winners were trannies or hermaphodites. If IOC want them to compete as women, they should allow normal women to dope.

No, there were a few, but the absolute majority looked quite feminine to me.
Incidently, I think Golf is a sport were doping does not buy you a lot.

how do other professionals stand on their feet?

how do you stand on your feet? you need money to feed yourself... if not govt then corporate or crowdfunding....
if you spent good part of your youth in sports how can you compete with others for jobs? if this is the attitude only rich can afford sports and only sports you will see people participate from pak are shooting or show jumping..

how do other professionals stand on their feet?
they get govt grant or corporate jobs... or belong to a nation with good social security so that you wont be on street (unless you are junkie or got mental issues.)...
many of our athletes come from poor family, how do you expect them to get a job after years of training/competing... and no experience...

Perhaps it can add a few yards to your drive but overall doping is not much useful in golf.

I really doubt that it will do you any good.
Golf is more about timing.
Average golfer swings about 90 mph.
I measured my swing to be 119 mph (long time ago),
which was not that far off the fastest player at the tour (129 mph),
but my drive was far off their distances.
Timing and swing control will make sure You hit the sweet spot.

For every stroke You have to consider the effect of nature.

It is also a very mental sport. You have to keep your head together in four hours.
Doping tend to screw You up.

The Olympics for example the entire Hockey team of Pakistan would have the hope of one medal while a track and field athlete alone can win a handful of medals per Olympic game.
Its true. Swimming alone has 20+ medals, and if a country is good in swimming alone, it can top tally. But if a country is good at lets say football, it can't. Its the uneven distribution of medals per sport which makes olympics not a good representation of how good or bad a country is in sport. A lot of sports which are played in sub continent curturally are not in olympics. Even if cricket is allowed in olympics with formats 1over, 5over, 10over, 15over, 20over, etc its not a garanteed medal for any country because this game involves strategy, unlike swimming where the winners are mostly known before start. And winning in olympics takes that little edge over others using techniques and training which countries like in sub continent can't compete with countries where people can afford 20-50 times more. Also games require mental as much as physical ability, because it involves learn from previous experiences, adapting to situation, etc.

Identify only few sports in Pakistan and then gradually fund and develop them, but this stupid cricket has spoiled every thing !!!

No, there were a few, but the absolute majority looked quite feminine to me.
Incidently, I think Golf is a sport were doping does not buy you a lot.

I am talking about winners. Off course, there would be some women in women track and field, but nearly ALL (with few exceptions) winners were intersex.

For example: In 800m women race, all three medals were taken by intersex/hermaphrodite, and the winner caster semenya has full grown functional testes and has no womb or ovaries. And IOC has to change its rule in 2015 to allow trannies and hermaphrodites to compete as women.

That's why I said that for women olympians, doping should be made legal and compulsory, if IOC want half-men to compete as women.

For Golf, doping would not help for you and me, but for people competing professionally who have reached their top in term of training, it would help.

Identify only few sports in Pakistan and then gradually fund and develop them, but this stupid cricket has spoiled every thing !!!

Easier said than done.

Some sports (most of track and field) favor negros due to their genetics, so no non-negro could win a medal in them. For rest, everyone is using same technique. Identify some sports in which you could win and focus on them.

I am talking about winners. Off course, there would be some women in women track and field, but nearly ALL (with few exceptions) winners were intersex.

For example: In 800m women race, all three medals were taken by intersex/hermaphrodite, and the winner caster semenya has full grown functional testes and has no womb or ovaries. And IOC has to change its rule in 2015 to allow trannies and hermaphrodites to compete as women.

That's why I said that for women olympians, doping should be made legal and compulsory, if IOC want half-men to compete as women.

For Golf, doping would not help for you and me, but for people competing professionally who have reached their top in term of training, it would help.

Easier said than done.

Some sports (most of track and field) favor negros due to their genetics, so no non-negro could win a medal in them. For rest, everyone is using same technique. Identify some sports in which you could win and focus on them.

Dafne Schippers (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈdɑfnə ˈsxɪpərs]; born 15 June 1992) is a Dutch athlete, competing in heptathlon and the sprints. She is the 2015 World Champion and winner of 2016 Olympic silver at the 200 metres. She holds the European record of 21.63 seconds and is the third fastest woman of all time at this distance.

image.jpeg

Whats the news in here? when you send a contingent where number of officials is around three times the number of players this is what you get. To be fair, the south asians really sucked at the games, look at India for example with 100 plus atheletes! Also will give some rope to Pakistan considering the situation in country for past 10 12 years now. Not the very best of times for sports! STILL this is no excuse for the sorry little story of ours in olympics. We need to get tHose SOB gov authorities working and get some private sector involved. Need to invest and pay EXTRAORDINARY attention to individual sports so we can improve our level in next 2 3 games time

Those 100 plus Indian athletes were there because they qualified.0 qualified from Pakistan. No comparison.

Funny how all of a sudden Pakistanis are calling themselves as south asians :lol::lol::lol:

Years ago someone said this on Defence.pk - Pakistanis are the only people in the world who get to chose their ancestry/race based on the timing, situation and topic at hand.
:lol:

Anyway they actually are South Asians only. Good to see em accepting the truth.

Seriously .. this is what you wanna pick on ? Ever walk of Pakistan's life (sports, economy, growth, tourism) was impacted due to on going war on terror.. Our cricket is suffering because we aren't able to host any international team .... this menace of Afghanistan being on our next door... But as we are closing in on tali dogs... things are dramatically getting better...All that will be reverted back to normal once peace is returned

Back
Top Bottom