What's new

The Largest Country Without Medals in Rio: Pakistan

Congratulation on the Silver

Yes precisely what is Golf doing in the olympics?
Not only that, some of the western countries are trying to throw Wrestling out of Olympics just coz they have no representation in the sports. I think there will be a voting on the next session of IOC for wrestling, I can't imagine olympics without wrestling, I thought when greeks started Olympics, wrestling was part of it.

Not only that, some of the western countries are trying to throw Wrestling out of Olympics just coz they have no representation in the sports. I think there will be a voting on the next session of IOC for wrestling, I can't imagine olympics without wrestling, I thought when greeks started Olympics, wrestling was part of it.

Noooooo!!! seriously ?!?!

Op obsession with generals and GHQ is starting to become annoying. This thread is a massive low.

We have not won any medals bcz our sporting infrastructure has suffered due to corruption and lack of funding not too mention fighting a war for over a decade. Our main sport that brought the medals thoroughly was hockey but with its decline we don't have any other competitive sporting infrastructure to create medal getting teams.. If for example cricket becomes part of Olympics then Pakistan will have a very good chance of winning medals bcz cricket is a very dominating sport.

Perhaps the op has missed out that Pakistan has become the number one test team and will be presented with the test mace soon.

There are various other reasons for not getting Olympic medals like lack of interests in other sports, poor sporting infrastructure or corruption in our sporting structure or even the massive lack of facilities provided at school level to encourage to taking up Olympic sports...

We have bigger things to worry about like the decline of hockey, or the domestic cricket set up or how about a thousand issues like education, health, security or border controls or modernization of the nation...

But the op truly hit his lowest when he mentioned generals here. I mean seriously.

Drumroll..

fDeQZRV.png

Side effects of neglecting the real needs of Pakistan and running the country as a security state are ought to have consequences in bigger scheme of things.

The Olympics don't mean much now a days. Ever since the Committee allowed professional athletes to compete it was all decided that those with those who are able to get endorsements will hold the top medals.

I
n the Olympic eras before television, athletes who accepted money for their performances might as well have been lepers, in the eyes of the IOC. If it was discovered that you got paid for playing, or that you accepted commercial endorsements, you were shunned, banished, cast to the cold winds. - CNN.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/22/opinion/greene-olympics-amateurs/

The Olympics are all about making money. $$$$$$

and what bout Afghanistan and how did you dragged gernals in this wth? look at india they got like 2 medals thing is no one gives too much attention these things in S.Asia we know you hate Pakistan and GHQ specifically from the core of your hearts no need to prove it further :disagree:

Side effects of neglecting the real needs of Pakistan and running the country as a security state are ought to have consequences in bigger scheme of things.

All is not well as the Gernals would want you to believe.

http://www.theatlantic.com/internat...-medals-olympics-rio/496616/?utm_source=atltw

@pakistani342 : tagged you here, prolly its better in a dedicated thread here.

instead of criticizing others, look at your own performance!

LoL. What's genreal got do with it ? perhaps you better look into your own naswar smoking generals., killing their own foreign trainers

http://www.theatlantic.com/internat...-medals-olympics-rio/496616/?utm_source=atltw

@pakistani342 : tagged you here, prolly its better in a dedicated thread here.
Pakistan is Number 1 Test Cricket Team?Why ?Cause it is played.
Get over with your jernal fetish.
"Kabhi ao na Pindi khusbo laga kay"

South Asia is one of the poorest region of the world. An Olympic medal is certainly not in our top priorities.
We all will improve gradually.
Priorities are different now south asia is more focused on studies than sports,next centuries is the brown mans century.

Pakistan is Number 1 Test Cricket Team?Why ?Cause it is played.
Get over with your jernal fetish.
"Kabhi ao na Pindi khusbo laga kay"

Priorities are different now south asia is more focused on studies than sports,next centuries is the brown mans century.
Because India VS West Indies match got canceled due to rain :lol::lol:. But I still consider Pakistan test side as strong team.:tup:

But again @A-Team you have not answer my question -- are you thinking or deflecting or both?
sir its habitual they will rant about so called leaders of taliban enjoying warm weather in Quetta
but will never answer what ttp leadership in doing is nuristan and kunar

Back
Top Bottom