What's new

"The Japanese see India as the land of Lord Buddha ,which is why they have a lot of respect for Indians"

It was called Bharat where your forefathers lived.
My forefathers lived in historical Sindh than migrated North

Bharat is a fairy tale name maybe for ganga or something nothing to do with anything

You seems to have a great knowledge of India like many here in PDF.
India is not some thousands-year-old civilization that BJP thumpers like to envision.

The Republic of India was created 8 decades ago like Pakistan was.

And Pakistani history is not Indian history and vice versa.

Indian teaching.

chanakya-quotes-1.jpg

Know about Mongols who killed a significant portion of Chinese population.
Mongols conquered most of the know world back then, including big part of Europe and India, but I guess you also don't know, most Mongol population are Chinese citizens now, Mongols in the republic of Mongolia are just a small minority of the Mongol people.

India is not some thousands-year-old civilization that BJP thumpers like to envision.

The Republic of India was created 8 decades ago like Pakistan was.

And Pakistani history is not Indian history and vice versa.
Indian culture was created by peoples coming down from central Asia through Pakistan, they conquered today's India.

I can assure you, no bats.

You are safe with us.
Worse. If you can do a giant lizard, I don't know how safe can any foreigner be?

LOL.

Now that I am a little free, it is nice to see these interesting interpretations of Buddhism and Hinduism.

Would you understand if I humbly say, "Yes", and "No"?
It's "yes" and "yes". Siddhartha Gautama was against the caste system of Hinduism and the fanatism and extremism very common in India then.

Last edited:

Taking Ties to New Heights: Japan and India Join Hands in the Strategic Andaman and Nicobar Islands​

There are few bilateral relationships that are as dispute-free as the one between India and Japan. The Japanese see India as the land of Lord Buddha and Subhash Chandra Bose, which is why they have a lot of respect for Indians. India, on the other hand, looks towards Japan as a developed, benevolent power that can help lend stability to the Indo-Pacific. Therefore, the relationship between India and Japan is based on mutual understanding and mutual admiration.
After the 1950s, the bilateral relationship between the two countries has remained stable. A diplomatic relationship was established in 1952, Japan started providing soft loans and developmental aid to India in 1958 and when India faced a balance of payment crisis in 1991, Japan was one of the few countries that helped New Delhi. However, over the past few years, the relationship has evolved further and has become more strategic in character. So, how is the Indo-Japanese relationship evolving and what does it mean for the two countries? Let’s find out.

The Indo-Japanese relationship is evolving in three areas- the Indian Ocean Region (IOR), defence and economic partnership. Cooperation in each of these three sectors is strategically crucial for the three countries.
Starting with cooperation in the Indian Ocean Region, Recently, the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) signed a grant agreement with the Government of India to provide around US$133 million for a power supply project in India’s Andaman & Nicobar Islands (ANI). For India, the investment becomes pivotal to its plans of developing the Islands into a well-equipped region where military assets can be effectively stationed. The islands carry a lot of significance being located close to the Strait of Malacca and accounting for 30% of India’s Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) in the Indian Ocean Region, which New Delhi considers to be its privileged sphere of influence.

This is however just one of many such Japanese investments in the region. Japan has also been making strategic investments in countries like Nepal, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. This gives India a sense of security in the region. Even if China is trying to ramp up investments in the region, India can take heart from the fact that its partner, Japan is also getting involved in the region.

For Japan, investments in the Indian Ocean Region mostly revolve around energy security. Tokyo imports 90% of its fuel from the Middle East. India too exports refined petroleum and other energy commodities to Japan. However, Japan must ensure the safety of the critical sea lines of communication in the Indian Ocean in order to secure its energy supplies. With China ramping up its presence in the region and emergence of non-conventional security threats such as trafficking and smuggling, Tokyo is also moved by self-interest in its attempts to ensure a comprehensive presence in the Indian Ocean Region.

Together, both India and Japan are looking to ensure that other regional actors like Malaysia, Myanmar, Thailand and Indonesia, all of which are located in close vicinity to the Andaman & Nicobar Islands are assured that the Quad still exercises a lot of influence. The US may have dropped the ball with the Solomon Islands signing a defence deal with Beijing, but the other three Quad nations- India, Australia and Japan aren’t going to sit idle.

Meanwhile, India and Japan have also expanded cooperation in the defence sector. The two countries have developed several frameworks to enhance defence dialogue including Foreign and Defence Ministerial Meeting (“2+2” meeting), annual Defence Ministerial Dialogue and the Malabar Exercise. In 2020, New Delhi and Tokyo signed the “Acquisition and Cross-Servicing Agreement (ACSA)” that paves way for establishing “a framework such as the settlement procedures for the reciprocal provision of supplies and services between the Self-Defense Forces of Japan and the Indian Armed Forces” to “facilitate the smooth and prompt provision of supplies and services between the Self-Defense Forces of Japan and the Indian Armed Forces.”

The defence pact is a signal of converging geopolitical interests. Both India and Japan face Chinese military aggression, and therefore the two sides can counteract China with greater cooperation and sharing of military resources.

Finally, India and Japan are evolving their economic partnership. Japan has always taken a keen interest when it comes to investing in India’s infrastructure through soft loans or aid grants. India has benefitted from Japanese-funded projects like the Delhi Metro and there are several such ongoing projects too including the Mumbai-Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail, the Western Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC), the Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor and the Chennai-Bengaluru Industrial Corridor (CBIC).

The Japanese perceive India as a great friend and a means of counterbalancing growing Chinese influence, which explains why Tokyo has invested billions of Dollars in India over the past six decades or so. Recently, during his India visit, Japanese PM Fumio Kishida announced a plan to invest 5 trillion yen ($42 billion) in India over the next five years, surpassing the 3.5 trillion yen that former Japanese PM Shinzo Abe had offered in 2014.

However, the Indo-Japanese relationship is now moving beyond aid assistance and development of infrastructure. Tokyo has been continuously signalling that many Japanese companies are ready to invest in India provided the conditions are conducive. Remember, India, Japan and Australia had launched the Supply Chain Resilience Initiative (SCRI) last year in a bid to move regional and global supply chains away from China. For India, this is an opportunity to ramp up its manufacturing industry while competing more fiercely with China and for Japan, it is an opportunity to decouple more vigorously from China.

Japan also signed a Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) with India, under which skilled Indian workers from fourteen sectors- nursing care; building cleaning; material processing industry; industrial machinery manufacturing industry; electric and electronic information related industry; construction; shipbuilding and ship-related industry; automobile maintenance; aviation; lodging; agriculture; fisheries; food and beverages manufacturing industry and food service industry, were identified for enhanced job opportunities in Japan.

The MoC is extraordinary in the sense that Japan is a closed society and generally reticent about immigration. However, the Japanese perceive Indians as bright, intelligent and belonging to the land of Lord Buddha. Therefore, assimilation of Indian workers in Japanese society would be comparatively easier.

For the people of India, it translates into an opportunity to target a new jobs market. On the other hand, Japan can solve its workforce scarcity issue by tapping into India’s young demographic advantage. For many Japanese corporations relocating their operations from China to their home location, the arrival of skilled Indian workers could be a major shot in the arm.

India and Japan remain time-tested partners and their evolving relationship reflects the growing convergence of their strategic interests.

बुद्धम् शरणम् गच्छामि
धर्मम् शरणम् गच्छामि
संघम् शरणम् गच्छामि

Buddham Sharnam Gachhami
Dhamma Sharnam Gachhami
Sangham Sharnam Gachhami

And since we are talking about Buddhists you should repent that your kings eradicated Buddhism in India instead of dogs and now your Yogi ji made it a crime for suppressed Hindus to do mass conversion to Buddhism.
I actually feel sad that Buddhism was wiped out from Afghanistan☹️. What do you feel?
And remember, the computer you use to type out your irrational hatred against Muslims, that same computer came through the science and inventions of the Greeks, then the Muslims in the Islamic Golden Age and then the Western Christian Europeans of the Renaissance and the Industrial Revolution. So be grateful.
You are missing out a very important binary number without which all the computer you are referring would never have been possible. Regardless, your argument is a weird one so I opt out.

Last edited:
Stop BS you arrogant and ignorant Indian, the "Journey to the West" novel is quite different from the actual path of Xuanzang.
LOL.
So what happens after you are given the actual path of Xuanzang and can't recognise it?

You Indians like the Koreans like to claim that you people created the universe just as your claim that Buddha is Indian, LOL.
Aaah, what is your correct version then? Was the Buddha Nepalese? Are you aware if there was a Nepal then, or even a Nepalese ethnicity? Have you seen depictions of the Buddha, and do those display his ethnicity as being other than Indian? Actually, do you know anything at all about the Buddha?
Chinese martial arts are the product of many thousands years of many Chinese everyday physical practices evolution, long before any monk of Indian origin ever showed up in China.
You can't support your loudly repeated assertions except by waving your hands in the air.

At this moment, you are only a source of amusement.
One monk of Indian origin practised some form of martial art in China got recorded in the past doesn't constitute that you Indians created Chinese martial arts, period. Then, why there are no Indian martial arts similar to the Chinese martial arts ever existed or practised in India as we know, you Indians are indeed jokers to claim that you people created Chinese martial arts, LMAO.
There are, just to underline your ignorance.

Don't ask to be taken there and shown; find out on your own.

If you are lucky, you may even find someone in Canada who can tell you.

Worse. If you can do a giant lizard, I don't know how safe can any foreigner be?
A VERY good point!
If I were you (let me reassure myself - ah, yes, I'm not), I would not go further south than the 20th parallel.
It's "yes" and "yes". Siddhartha Gautama was against the caste system of Hinduism and the fanatism and extremism very common in India then.
So I never did. Some Chinese member did. This is for the benefit of my Hindutvavadi friends. I disclaim all assertions made by @MajesticPug in this regard. Please take it up with him.
:azn:

Last edited:
बुद्धम् शरणम् गच्छामि
धर्मम् शरणम् गच्छामि
संघम् शरणम् गच्छामि

Buddham Sharnam Gachhami
Dhamma Sharnam Gachhami
Sangham Sharnam Gachhami
Why are you speaking Nepalese? You might get reported.

:rofl:

Please explain.
My understanding is, Buddhism is the opposite of Hinduism. Both have something in common, but Buddhism is against Hinduism.

Most Buddhists were/are in China and South East Asia. Buddhism was kind of eliminated in India thousands years ago.
Before I start, this is to remind ourselves that there was an earlier explanation that was due, and I would like to go back and write on that in response to your questions. Please guide me there when convenient.

At the time that the Buddha preached, and Mahavira preached, social conditions in India had reached a certain critical point.

A common mistake that strangers, or newcomers, to Indian history make is to see the Buddha as a unique figure, and ignore both the tremendously influential near contemporary that he had, Mahavira, the greatest preacher of the Jains, and also the ferment of thought around the sixth century BCE. It was a time of tremendous mental and physical effort to understand the human condition better.

Very briefly, the steppe wanderers who intruded in the second millennium BCE, probably within a century before or after 1500 BCE, were nature worshippers. Their divinities rose with the sunset, being, in fact, the Sun himself, dwelt in the waters as an ancient of great, perhaps unthinkable antiquity, known as Varuna in one pronunciation, as Ouranos in another, giving an archetypal divinity to the western branch of the wanderers from which these had split away as the Indo-Iranians, then split again as the Indo-Aryan speaking set of people. These divinities were the lord who brought rain, and whose weapon was the thunder itself, the over-arching sky, that so many other steppe dwellers, including the Mongols and the much later encountered Turks, deified.

In short, these gods were present in the whole wide world around humans, and were not to be located in a particular spot.

One other event before we move on: when they came into the sub-continent, this third or fourth set of in-coming people most probably found a divine system, a system of faith different from their own. By comparing the nature of the later theogony that is known, by watching the transition from the Vedas to the Puranas to the Upanishads, it is possible to reconstruct - without proof, all these were from oral works that were written down centuries later, around the 3rd, or even the 2nd century BCE - the adoption of new divine beings, this time, divine beings that related to the forests, and to birds, and beasts never encountered on the steppes. The full-blown theogony of the people of Upper India (NOT of people in other parts) was more or less developed centuries before the Buddha or Mahavira; they found a fully established pantheon of gods and goddesses.

I am forced to submit this background in order to explain, to somebody who is serious and who wants to view another point of view, at some length, like this, without leg-pulling, and without teasing young people who are remarkably ignorant.

Please tell me if I may continue.

LOL.
So what happens after you are given the actual path of Xuanzang and can't recognise it?

Aaah, what is your correct version then? Was the Buddha Nepalese? Are you aware if there was a Nepal then, or even a Nepalese ethnicity? Have you seen depictions of the Buddha, and do those display his ethnicity as being other than Indian? Actually, do you know anything at all about the Buddha?

You can't support your loudly repeated assertions except by waving your hands in the air.

At this moment, you are only a source of amusement.

There are, just to underline your ignorance.

Don't ask to be taken there and shown; find out on your own.

If you are lucky, you may even find someone in Canada who can tell you.

A VERY good point!
If I were you (let me reassure myself - ah, yes, I'm not), I would not go further south than the 20th parallel.

So I never did. Some Chinese member did. This is for the benefit of my Hindutvavadi friends. I disclaim all assertions made by @MajesticPug in this regard. Please take it up with him.
:azn:
Just for your ignorant mind, I just quoted the Wikipedia on the history of Chinese Martial Arts for your learning. You Indians don't come out and make your dumb hot air claims about China, Chinese and Chinese things all the time. Couple of Indian monks got recorded teaching some sort of yoga to some disciples in China in the past don't constitute that you Indians created Chinese martial arts, period ! It's that simple, are you that dumb to understand all these and want to make hopeless arguments ?

Chinese martial arts​

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigation Jump to search
"Kung fu" redirects here. For the generalized meaning of the term, see Kung fu (term). For other uses, see Kung fu (disambiguation).
Chinese martial arts
Traditional Chinese武術
Simplified Chinese武术
Literal meaning"martial technique"
Transcriptions

A monk practicing kung fu in the bamboo forest inside the Shaolin Temple

Chinese martial arts, often called by the umbrella terms kung fu (/ˈkʌŋ ˈfuː/; Chinese: 功夫; pinyin: gōngfu; Cantonese Yale: gūng fū), kuoshu (國術; guóshù) or wushu (武術; wǔshù), are multiple fighting styles that have developed over the centuries in Greater China. These fighting styles are often classified according to common traits, identified as "families" of martial arts. Examples of such traits include Shaolinquan (少林拳) physical exercises involving All Other Animals (五形) mimicry or training methods inspired by Old Chinese philosophies, religions and legends. Styles that focus on qi manipulation are called internal (内家拳; nèijiāquán), while others that concentrate on improving muscle and cardiovascular fitness are called external (外家拳; wàijiāquán). Geographical association, as in northern (北拳; běiquán) and southern (南拳; nánquán), is another popular classification method.

Contents​

Terminology​

See also: Kung fu (term)

Kung fu, wushu and "Cultivation"are loanwords from Cantonese and Mandarin respectively that, in English, are used to refer to Chinese martial arts. However, the Chinese terms kung fu and wushu (listen (Mandarin) (help·info); Cantonese Yale: móuh seuht) have distinct meanings.[1] The Chinese equivalent of the term "Chinese martial arts" would be Zhongguo wushu (Chinese: 中國武術; pinyin: zhōngguó wǔshù) (Mandarin).

In Chinese, the term kung fu refers to any skill that is acquired through learning or practice. It is a compound word composed of the words 功 (gōng) meaning "work", "achievement", or "merit", and 夫 (fū) which is a particle or nominal suffix with diverse meanings.

Wushu literally means "martial art". It is formed from the two Chinese characters 武術: (), meaning "martial" or "military" and or 术 (shù), which translates into "art", "discipline", "skill" or "method". The term wushu has also become the name for the modern sport of wushu, an exhibition and full-contact sport of bare-handed and weapon forms (套路), adapted and judged to a set of aesthetic criteria for points developed since 1949 in the People's Republic of China.[2][3]

Quánfǎ (拳法) is another Chinese term for Chinese martial arts. It means "fist method" or "the law of the fist" (quán means "boxing" or "fist", and means "law", "way" or "method"), although as a compound term it usually translates as "boxing" or "fighting technique." The name of the Japanese martial art kempō is represented by the same hanzi characters.

History​

The genesis of Chinese martial arts has been attributed to the need for self-defense, hunting techniques and military training in ancient China. Hand-to-hand combat and weapons practice were important in training ancient Chinese soldiers.[4][5]

Detailed knowledge about the state and development of Chinese martial arts became available from the Nanjing decade (1928–1937), as the Central Guoshu Institute established by the Kuomintang regime made an effort to compile an encyclopedic survey of martial arts schools. Since the 1950s, the People's Republic of China has organized Chinese martial arts as an exhibition and full-contact sport under the heading of “wushu”.

Legendary origins​

According to legend, Chinese martial arts originated during the semi-mythical Xia Dynasty (夏朝) more than 4,000 years ago.[6] It is said the Yellow Emperor (Huangdi) (legendary date of ascension 2698 BCE) introduced the earliest fighting systems to China.[7] The Yellow Emperor is described as a famous general who, before becoming China's leader, wrote lengthy treatises on medicine, astrology and the martial arts. One of his main opponents was Chi You (蚩尤) who was credited as the creator of jiao di, a forerunner to the modern art of Chinese wrestling.[8]

Early history​

The earliest references to Chinese martial arts are found in the Spring and Autumn Annals (5th century BCE),[9] where a hand-to-hand combat theory, one that integrates notions of "hard" and "soft" techniques, is mentioned.[10] A combat wrestling system called juélì or jiǎolì (角力) is mentioned in the Classic of Rites.[11] This combat system included techniques such as strikes, throws, joint manipulation, and pressure point attacks. Jiao Di became a sport during the Qin Dynasty (221–207 BCE). The Han History Bibliographies record that, by the Former Han (206 BCE – 8 CE), there was a distinction between no-holds-barred weaponless fighting, which it calls shǒubó (手搏), for which training manuals had already been written, and sportive wrestling, then known as juélì (角力). Wrestling is also documented in the Shǐ Jì, Records of the Grand Historian, written by Sima Qian (ca. 100 BCE).[12]

In the Tang Dynasty, descriptions of sword dances were immortalized in poems by Li Bai. In the Song and Yuan dynasties, xiangpu contests were sponsored by the imperial courts. The modern concepts of wushu were fully developed by the Ming and Qing dynasties.[13]

Philosophical influences​

The ideas associated with Chinese martial arts changed with the evolution of Chinese society and over time acquired some philosophical bases: Passages in the Zhuangzi (莊子), a Taoist text, pertain to the psychology and practice of martial arts. Zhuang Zi, its eponymous author, is believed to have lived in the 4th century BCE. The Tao Te Ching, often credited to Lao Zi, is another Taoist text that contains principles applicable to martial arts. According to one of the classic texts of Confucianism, Zhou Li (周禮), Archery and charioteering were part of the "six arts" (Chinese: 六藝; pinyin: liu yi, including rites, music, calligraphy and mathematics) of the Zhou Dynasty (1122–256 BCE). The Art of War (孫子兵法), written during the 6th century BCE by Sun Tzu (孫子), deals directly with military warfare but contains ideas that are used in the Chinese martial arts.

Taoist practitioners have been practicing Tao Yin (physical exercises similar to Qigong that was one of the progenitors to T'ai chi ch'uan) from as early as 500 BCE.[14] In 39–92 CE, "Six Chapters of Hand Fighting", were included in the Han Shu (history of the Former Han Dynasty) written by Pan Ku. Also, the noted physician, Hua Tuo, composed the "Five Animals Play"—tiger, deer, monkey, bear, and bird, around 208 CE.[15] Taoist philosophy and their approach to health and exercise have influenced the Chinese martial arts to a certain extent. Direct reference to Taoist concepts can be found in such styles as the "Eight Immortals," which uses fighting techniques attributed to the characteristics of each immortal.[16]

Last edited:
@etylo

Yes, you are slowly maturing to get to the level of Wikipedia. In another four or five years, you might learn something. Do come back then; you might have become interesting to talk to.

@etylo

Yes, you are slowly maturing to get to the level of Wikipedia. In another four or five years, you might learn something. Do come back then; you might have become interesting to talk to.
I quoted Wikipedia is becos it's easier for you Indians to understand and accept.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom