What's new

The J-20-engine discussion is over and other speculative topics ... to separate from the J-20-news !

Meyet = The Young Turks
CCTV = The Establishment
CD = Breitbart :lol:

Yes, the CD forum is the Breitbart in the world of the Chinese military forum, they got a niche but loyal and stubborn audience base. However, they really need to put their bread and butter on the table AKA the prototype 2021. Otherwise, they risk to completely alienate themselves from the rest of the Chinese military online community. The CCTV expert is already labelling those online reports surrounding the so-called prototype 2021 as the fake news. They are going to get completely thrashed by their opponents.
There have been a bunch of impostors over on CJDBY, particularly in the aviation forum. There's this one individual who has many fanboys and claims to be an aviation engine insider ...

There have been a bunch of impostors over on CJDBY, particularly in the aviation forum. There's this one individual who has many fanboys and claims to be an aviation engine insider ...

The aviation section still remains a cesspool, not much of improvement.

The navy section is getting much better than before, some resident trolls simply got banned permanently, and more recognition on the progression of China's nuclear submarine.

With now more than two months gone since the last image of the WS-10X-equipped J-20A '2021' appeared ... are there any recent news??

Image posted on 1. October:
J-20A + WS-10B - 20171001 part mod.jpg

... and at least the Russians also flew their T50 for the first time with the Izdele 30 engine:

RuAF T50-2 + Izd.30 - 4.jpg

Last edited:
With now more than two months gone since the last image of the WS-10X-equipped J-20A '2021' appeared ... are there any recent news??

Image posted on 1. October:
View attachment 441472

... and at least the Russians also flew their T50 for the first time with the Izdele 30 engine:

View attachment 441473
Maybe they felt WS-10X wasn't necessary anymore? Especially if the WS-15 is getting closer to flight testing, why would they need a WS-10B? It would be much less efficient and cost more. I believe that the PLAAF will directly integrate the WS-15 into a specially designed J-20 prototype ...

Last edited:
Maybe they felt WS-10X wasn't necessary anymore? Especially if the WS-15 is getting closer to flight testing, why would they need a WS-10B? It would be much less efficient and cost more. I believe that the PLAAF will directly integrate the WS-15 into a specially designed J-20 prototype ...

I think this is a bit far-fetched: a decision to install and test a certain engine and esp. an additional interim one is not reversed just after a few weeks.
Even more I think it is a bit far-fetched to deduct from the lack of images & news that the WS-15 is ready. The most simple answer is simply there are no new leaked.

Deino

WS-15 supposedly finished high-altitude ground testing in late 2015-2016. Flight tests aboard an Il-76 testbed is likely to occur some time in the next two years.

I think this is a bit far-fetched: a decision to install and test a certain engine and esp. an additional interim one is not reversed just after a few weeks.
Even more I think it is a bit far-fetched to deduct from the lack of images & news that the WS-15 is ready. The most simple answer is simply there are no new leaked.

Deino
WS-15 supposedly finished high-altitude ground testing in late 2015-2016. Flight tests aboard an Il-76 testbed is likely to occur some time in the next two years.
it doesn’t have to be a IL-76 necessarily. They already have high altitude indoor simulator that can do it better than a testbed in Sichuan. They might incorporate it onto a flanker or directly into a J-20 proptype

it doesn’t have to be a IL-76 necessarily. They already have high altitude indoor simulator that can do it better than a testbed in Sichuan. They might incorporate it onto a flanker or directly into a J-20 proptype

I'm sure there are benefits of testing engines on a flying testbed other than high-altitude simulations. It's also possible, although unlikely, that they'll place one of the engines on a J-20 prototype with the WS-15.

I'm sure there are benefits of testing engines on a flying testbed other than high-altitude simulations. It's also possible, although unlikely, that they'll place one of the engines on a J-20 prototype with the WS-15.
If their engine has reached maturity as they deem it, they could directly incorporate it on the WS-15. Assuming they passed all high altitude simulations and fixed that vibration problem ...

'For me, 180KN is more than enough."
For you that's enough. No doubt.

What is so scary is that 210kN is just my minimum estimate. The actual max. thrust of ws-15 is well beyond that. IMO. That's why the Chinese desperately wants to keep the state of WS-15's development, one of the highest state secret, and is waging a massive (and successful) deception campaign (on mainstream medias and various Internet Defense Forums) to fool the western intelligence agencies.

The real truth will blow your socks off.

The only thing that has blow anyone's socks off is the fact that you are a hardcore fanboi that pulls random numbers ... (edited by moderator).

You know nothing about avaiation, stop trying to convince people that you have some special inside information because you are a nobody. Again your thrust figures are garbage.

The figure of 210kn even blows the F-135 thrust out of the water. The F-135 largely achieves its thrust because of its size. The WS-15 engine size is comparable to the AL-31. So unless god gave the WS-15 to China or some advance alien civilization built the engine for the J-20 your figure of a minimum 210kn is just making you look like a fool.

I read some doctoral researcher paper it seems more likely WS-15 will have 2D TVC like F-22 because that's good for stealth and 3D TVC is not, so when you see 2D TVC like F-22 on J-20 you will know that's the W-15 complete version of J-20, because after all USA is more advanced and we all know China is fan of USA and trying to emulate it if you knew china's culture
I dont think you know anything about China culture. In Fact, I know about evil US Neocon culture. Want me to tell you more?

Some type of new engine, I think.

But yet another engine after the Taishan and the Emei(shan) in the future??

The Mount Everest however would be Chomolungma in Tibetan or Qomolangma in Chinese? Or am I wrong?

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom