What's new

The J-20-engine discussion is over and other speculative topics ... to separate from the J-20-news !

But yet another engine after the Taishan and the Emei(shan) in the future??

The Mount Everest however would be Chomolungma in Tibetan or Qomolangma in Chinese? Or am I wrong?

I have no idea, to be honest. We don't even know if this "Everest" is simply another name for an existing engine, a new type, or just a false rumor.

You've got it.
So WS-15's name is Everest? o_O Regardless, a very fitting name given the monumental task ... :china:

Seems as if Emei was never official and the WS-15 is the Mt Everest ... if they are correct here:

https://lt.cjdby.net/thread-2425588-1-1.html
I'm not sure though. Numerous big shrimps have referred to it as "Emei". Even AVIC posters referred to it as "Emei" engine I believe. Maybe it is talking about how the effort to develop the WS-15 is comparable to that of scaling Mt. Everest, as opposed it to Everest being the actual name?

Again so much on WS-15 from day one ! :p:

http://english.chinamil.com.cn/view/2017-03/13/content_7524017.htm

Stealth fighter soon powered by local engines

A domestically developed engine will soon power the nation's latest stealth fighter jet, according to a senior scientist working for Aero Engine Corp of China.

"It will not take a long time for our fifth-generation combat plane to have China-made engines," said Chen Xiangbao, vice-president of the AECC Beijing Institute of Aeronautical Materials. Chen, also a member of the Chinese Academy of Engineering, was referring to the J-20 stealth fighter.

Deino

171101m1fq01jkx3631dqh.jpg

Could've been referring to WS-10X.

Exactly, it surely refers to the WS-10X. But if an official report confirms that "a domestically developed engine will soon power" the J-20 for the first time it simply means no Chinese engine before powered it. and if this fits nicely to the new WS-10X it means there cannot be the WS-15 or already from day one.

Deino

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom