What's new

The Iraqi Armed Forces

What I have just heard on TV. and it was live meeting with Defense Minister, as soon (maybe tomorrow), this news is published on the internet!
With the current mess in the ME, I doubt Iraq will have any real military cooperation or deals with Iran. The good thing is we have the US and Russia, and even china. The US doesn't want to sell Iraq advanced weapons, but they kind of changed their minds after Russia offered some nice toys to Iraq.,

I personally would rather stick with Russia for advanced fighters, heavy-medium transport helicopters and gunships, and advance air defense systems. Notably for the price difference, which is about 50% compared to western technology.

US for Navy , f-16s, transport planes, and air traffic control/ radars, Abrams tanks. And other systems.

China for armed UAV's, perhaps future military/ civilian satellites. Iraq also needs to jointly develop an advanced unmanned ground combat vehicle to fit its needs, china would be the perfect partner for that. Note that Chinese UAVS are about 90% less expensive than American UAV's of the same class.

South Korea would also be a great military parter.

Iraq TV (Al-Iraqiya) reported recently that Iraq discussing a deal for the purchase of four varieties fighter, one heavy aircraft, one semi-heavy aircraft and 1 light aircraft.

The proposed heavy aircraft: Eurofighter Typhoon, Dassault Rafale, Sukhoi Su-30 and Sukhoi Su-35.

The proposed semi-heavy aircraft: J-10B, Mikoyan MiG-35 and Saab JAS 39 NG.

The proposed light aircraft: F-16 (Purchase of several) or JF-17 Thunder.

What would you like to have?

A business discussion with Russia on S-300/S-400 is ongoing. Army discuss a deal with Russia for the purchase of 1200 T-99 Armata [After 2015 production], Tor missile systems, Buk missile systems S-350 [in the future]. The only figures I heard on TV until now is that the Air Force needs a total of 650 aircraft from 2025 to 2030. and 2,500 battle tanks for the Army!

A business with Iran Shahed-129 is ochså going!
Impressive Iraq!

After long and rigorous discussion and investigation, me and my colleagues have come to the conclusion, that the above is BS.

No offence. bes inta aslan mo 3raqi. No offence..

@Dizer

Even if it’s made up BS, it’s not far fetched from possibility and our own thoughts, pretty realistic anyway.

JF 17 negotiations currently
Mig 35 flight test mentioned
SU 30/35 model on an IQAF commanders desk

France and Britain offered to arm Iraq ( typhoon and rafale ).

S300 price was given automatically adds the S350/400.

@Dizer

Even if it’s made up BS, it’s not far fetched from possibility and our own thoughts, pretty realistic anyway.

JF 17 negotiations currently
Mig 35 flight test mentioned
SU 30/35 model on an IQAF commanders desk

France and Britain offered to arm Iraq ( typhoon and rafale ).

S300 price was given automatically adds the S350/400.
If we can get 6-8 squadrons of su-30 or su-35 plus 2-3 squadrons of the rafale and 6-8 squadron either jf-17 or the j10 and I recommend we transfer technology of some key technologies especially electronics and it would great if we start with the Chinese and Russians like EW systems pods for reconnaissance jammers etc. We should ask for technology transfer for the fighters even if we get like 50-60% this is the only way we can catch up with advanced world we have thousands of highly educated people with high degrees and these people have the right to learn more and earn more knowledge just like any rifles in the advanced nations, since we pay big amount of money to the manufacturers, it's not in our favor to help them build their industries develop it while all we get toys don't no nothing about them or how they works and finally after ten years voila they're obsolete and keep spend the nation treasure for the same craps.

Last edited:
After long and rigorous discussion and investigation, me and my colleagues have come to the conclusion, that the above is BS.

No offence. bes inta aslan mo 3raqi. No offence..
.لك اغبر! اني مو عراقي؟! خاف انتة التطلع مو عراقي.
بس ما اعرف اغير هذه العلم الي خذتة بالغلط

Last edited:
لك اغبر! اني مو عراقي؟! خاف انتة التطلع مو عراقي.
رجاءا لا تسب واحد من اخوانك الولد كال لك من دون اهانة يعني ما كان يقصد اهانتك بعدين يعني انت الوحيد الي سمع بالخبر طيب اعطينة اي رابط لخبرك هذا.

رجاءا لا تسب واحد من اخوانك الولد كال لك من دون اهانة يعني ما كان يقصد اهانتك بعدين يعني انت الوحيد الي سمع بالخبر طيب اعطينة اي رابط لخبرك هذا.
اسف اخوي
واحد روسي اغبر كان ضارب سيارتي هسة الصبح و كنت عصبي.

بخصوص المصدر
اذ تربد اكون صريح فاني سمعت حرفي التالي: "ان العراق عازم علئ تجربة الطائرات المطروحة من الشركات الامريكية ، الروسية ، ا الفرنسية و البرطانية و اختيار ثلاثة اصناف و هي الثقيلة ، المتوصطة و الخفيفة" و هذه ديطلع بكل نشرة اخبار.

و لكن انا اربطت هذه بالخبار القديمة الي قراتهة هما و توصلت لهذه النتيجة
اعتذر عن سوء الفهم

Last edited:
اسف اخوي

بخصوص المصدر
اذ تربد اكون صريح فاني سمعت حرفي التالي: "ان العراق عازم علئ تجربة الطائرات المطروحة من الشركات الامريكية ، الروسية ، ا الفرنسية و البرطانية و اختيار ثلاثة اصناف و هي الثقيلة ، المتوصطة و الخفيفة" و هذه ديطلع بكل نشرة اخبار.

و لكن انا اربطت هذه بالخبار الفديمة الي قراتهة هما و توصلت لهذه النتيجة
اعتذر عن سوء الفهم
اي هذي ممكن تكون صحيحة ومنطقية يا رب نسمع اخبار افضل.

اسف اخوي

بخصوص المصدر

و لكن انا اربطت هذه بالخبار الفديمة الي قراتهة هما و توصلت لهذه النتيجة
اعتذر عن سوء الفهم

الكلام عن تجربة الجماعة فهموا علط. تراولاهم جاي تگول اقتناء الطائرات و نعرف مستحيل اي جيش يقتني جميع الطيارات الذكرتهن.

المهم اذا تريد تغير العلم اضغط على اسمك فوق و اضغط personal detail أنوب انزل و غير العلم.

الكلام عن تجربة الجماعة فهموا علط. تراولاهم جاي تگول اقتناء الطائرات و نعرف مستحيل اي جيش يقتني جميع الطيارات الذكرتهن.

المهم اذا تريد تغير العلم اضغط على اسمك فوق و اضغط personal detail أنوب انزل و غير العلم.
اه
انا كان قصدي طائرة من كل نوع ( خفيف متوصط و ثقيل ( و ليس الكل

بخصوص العلم، مكتوب انو يجب ام ارسل رسالة الئ admin
و لكن عل العموم شكرا

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom