What's new

The Iraqi Armed Forces

my bad, I have confused the names, they use a pakistani APC I forgot its name but I have seen images of it, I'll try to find it though.

It might be called talha or something like that
Yes Talha APC is in use by Iraqi Army since 2006 but just 44 of them.

Iraq, Kuwait And US Conduct Security Exercise - oct. 2012.

Iraq P307.

120929-G-ZZ999-002.jpg

120929-G-ZZ999-001.jpg

Last edited:
US Approves Sale of Apaches to Iraq

The U.S. will go ahead with a major weapons sale to Iraq that will include Apache attack helicopters to assist the forces of embattled Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki combating an increasingly violent Al Qaeda insurgency, U.S. officials said Wednesday.

"We support those requests," a senior State Department official said of the arms package following a two-hour meeting with Maliki's entourage at Vice President Joe Biden's Naval Observatory residence.

Maliki is scheduled to meet with Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel at the Pentagon on Thursday and with President Obama at the White House on Friday.

The State Department official, who spoke on grounds of anonymity, brushed past the irony of Maliki seeking U.S. help after forcing the withdrawal of U.S. troops in December 2011 and the prime minister's close ties to Iran.

"That's a discussion for another day," the official said. "We're trying to help them now as best we can" in overcoming the sectarian divisions of the Sunni, Shia, and Kurd communities, and especially in combating Al Qaeda, the official said.

ah64-apache.jpg

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom