What's new

The Iraqi Armed Forces

Don't lose your temper, you haven't seen a thing yet :)

Like we give a damn about Safavids and their stooges.

Right, LOL. I am not a muslim, but I know who I support; that would be everyone who is NOT a Islamo-fascist Sunni-regime. I don't know who is worse; KSA or Qatar or the bastard dictator in Bahrain putting down protests with Saudi help.

Anyway; can't wait until your oil runs out. According to latest estimates, it is China, the U.S. and Russia who have most shale oil and gas reserves.

I can't post links yet, but google it. According to Citibank, by 2030 Saudis will become oil importer, lol. Bye bye then, no more cash, and smoking the pipe and ordering nice shiny toys from the U.S. (Which the U.S. military controls anyway, lol).

Right, LOL. I am not a muslim, but I know who I support; that would be everyone who is NOT a Islamo-fascist Sunni-regime. I don't know who is worse; KSA or Qatar or the bastard dictator in Bahrain putting down protests with Saudi help.

Anyway; can't wait until your oil runs out. According to latest estimates, it is China, the U.S. and Russia who have most shale oil and gas reserves.

I can't post links yet, but google it. According to Citibank, by 2030 Saudis will become oil importer, lol. Bye bye then, no more cash, and smoking the pipe and ordering nice shiny toys from the U.S. (Who the U.S. military controls anyway, lol).

:no: I'm afraid that you will want to wait for another 90 years till crude oil runs out. And guess what? I hate to burst your bubble my man, we've got a shale sh!t too you, and we already are the 6th largest gas reserve country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1slcCW7Hac

Shale gas boom

Shale gas in KSA

Saudi Arabia joins the shale gas revolution

170845058-iraqi-special-forces-take-part-in-a-drill-gettyimages.jpg

170845184-iraqi-special-forces-take-part-in-a-drill-gettyimages.jpg

170844962-iraqi-special-forces-take-part-in-a-drill-gettyimages.jpg

170844953-iraqi-special-forces-take-part-in-a-drill-gettyimages.jpg

170850334-iraqi-special-forces-take-part-in-a-drill-gettyimages.jpg

Image source

http://www.gettyimages.in/Search/Se...c59_P7rEFOsbfPgr1_vRX6VN-3_EwAA__8IrAGJpwQAAA..

That sounds good; however it's still an area in chaos if you know what I mean. So selling any high-end fighters is very risky.

However, I hope Iraq can take a look at fighters or advanced trainers from Russia or Pakistan. Iraq need fighters fast. Even advanced trainers would be sufficient, such as Yak-130. Something that is cheap, can be produced and delivered fast and easier to maintain.

Mig 29 sucks, our neighbours have high tech air fighters so this will not do anything for us, su 27 aswell old trash we need new fighter jets.
They prefer western equipment once it comes to tanks and fighter jets learning from the past.

Besides those F16s are the same type of F16s egypt has, aim 7 instead of aim 120.
If Iraq was really in such a strong alliance with Iran they would not provide these, it only lacks aim 9x and aim 120, the rest is up to date for a block 52 model.

.we've got a shale sh!t too you, and we already are[/URL] the 6th largest gas reserve country.

LOL, you don't produce anything. Just sitting there, and waiting for Westerners to give you things. Which they control ANYWAY. If you ever grow a spine they would cut your country in half; both economically and militarily. Those toys from U.S. would not even work in a fight against the U.S. Forces. The U.S. would simply "turn them" off and never supply you with any spare parts.

I can soon start posting links, you'll see who has the largest reserves in shale gas and shale oil according to the newest U.S. estimates. :) Not to mention who controls the Rare Earth Minerals :)

LOL, you don't produce anything. Just sitting there, and waiting for Westerners to give you things. Which they control ANYWAY. If you ever grow a spine they would cut your country in half; both economically and militarily. Those toys from U.S. would not even work in a fight against the U.S. Forces. The U.S. would simply "turn them" off and never supply you with any spare parts.

For the fifth millionth time, Kill switches are bloody impossible and Saudi has extensive maintenance depots and spare part production capability. If sanctioned (like its ever going to happen) they can handle themselves.

Mig 29 sucks, our neighbours have high tech air fighters so this will not do anything for us, su 27 aswell old trash we need new fighter jets.
They prefer western equipment once it comes to tanks and fighter jets learning from the past.
Besides those F16s are the same type of F16s egypt has, aim 7 instead of aim 120.
If Iraq was really in such a strong alliance with Iran they would not provide these, it only lacks aim 9x and aim 120, the rest is up to date for a block 52 model.

I know that your neighbours have mostly Western equipment; that's why Iraq won't get any. The U.S. doesn't like countries who have a spine such as Iraq, neither did the U.S. like the fact that Iraq didn't let the U.S. have permanent bases there after 2011.

Western equipment is only for countries who don't have a spine and have no ambition. Look what happened to Iran who was in the 1970s, what is KSA today. They were the biggest U.S. weapons importer in the 1970s, but after the revolution, Iranians had huge problems with spare parts, missiles for their F-14s, etc. Today, only a handful of them still works and are able to fly.

Russian, Chinese and Pakistani weapons on the other hand have no strings attached, and you know that is your plane if you actually have paid for it. Neither will Russia, China or Pakistan be "afraid" that "you will use those weapons" against U.S. dogs in the area.

So yeah, MiG-29 is old and it sucks, but there are options. MiG-35, Su-30, Su-35, J-10, J-11, JF-17. I believe Iraq should get something more cheap and fast against their fight agaist terrorism such as Yak-130 and JF-17, and then move on to Sukhois, or J-series or MiG-35.

F-16s Iraq is about to get between 2014 and 2018 are going to be downgraded in some way. Egypt's F-16s are no where near U.S. F-16s in service. You know that.

Once again, besides Iran comparison and sanctions against the country, I can also mention Venezuela. Venezuela received F-16s from the U.S. in 1983, but after 1998, the U.S. started sanctions and is doing everything it can to block Venezuela upgrading their F-16s. Therefore Venezuela has bought 24 Su-30MKV and they are seeking to replace their old F-16 with either JF-17 or another batch of Su-30MKVs. Either way, they are considering those F-16s more or less useless.

For the fifth millionth time, Kill switches are bloody impossible and Saudi has extensive maintenance depots and spare part production capability. If sanctioned (like its ever going to happen) they can handle themselves.

You don't have any "depots" after couple of hundred Tomahawks cruise-missiles have found their way to your "depots". U.S. would kill your supply too. You need to understand that your F-16s if you are from Egypt are USELESS against Israel. However, I am sure they are good against threatening Ethiopia :)

@PRC2025

Egypt's F-16s are no where near U.S. F-16s in service. You know that.

Source?

You don't have any "depots" after couple of hundred Tomahawks cruise-missiles have found their way to your "depots". U.S. would kill your supply too. You need to understand that your F-16s if you are from Egypt are USELESS against Israel. However, I am sure they are good against threatening Ethiopia :)

So tell me exactly, how are Russian or Chinese jets supposed to defend against Tomahawk cruise missiles targeting maintenance depots or supply chains/factories. Do they have a magical APS fitted on every one or do they require no maintenance whatsoever and can fly with a tank full of air?

Plus please provide me with a source that says Egyptian F-16s are useless against Israeli F-16s.

Last edited by a moderator:
@PRC2025
Source?
So tell me exactly, how are Russian or Chinese jets supposed to defend against Tomahawk cruise missiles targeting maintenance depots or supply chains/factories. Do they have a magical APS fitted on every one or do they not require any maintenance and can fly with a tank full of air?

Plus please provide me with a source that says Egyptian F-16s are useless against Israeli F-16s.

Yes, they are useless against Israeli Air Force. What does Egypt have 220-240 F-16s for? To terrorize Ethiopia ? To fight in Sinai ? LOL. Is this what 220-240 F-16s are for?

So you need source that Egyptian F-16s would be slaughtered against Israeli Air Force? Do you think that your 240 F-16s are able to bring down 240 Israeli aircraft? LOL.

Do let me know if you are dreaming of anything close to that.

Regarding cruise-missiles. Once again, you don't even have any decent submarines or destroyers or frigates. And what you have, is once again, from the West. Useless against newer Western frigates/destroyers and subs.

I can soon start posting links, you'll see who has the largest reserves in shale gas and shale oil according to the newest U.S. estimates. :) Not to mention who controls the Rare Earth Minerals :)

Our arguments were about energy resources, I don't understand why you're becoming so defensive as soon as I confronted you with evidence.

Anyhow, let just not derail the thread.

Goodbye

:wave:

Yes, they are useless against Israeli Air Force. What does Egypt have 220-240 F-16s for? To terrorize Ethiopia ? To fight in Sinai ? LOL. Is this what 220-240 F-16s are for?
The F-16s are for the protection of the Egyptian people form any threat either within or outside Egypt's borders as is every piece of equipment and soldier in the Egyptian armed forces.

So you need source that Egyptian F-16s would be slaughtered against Israeli Air Force? Do you think that your 240 F-16s are able to bring down 240 Israeli aircraft? LOL.
What are you 6 years old?

The Israeli air force has a technological advantage over Egypts due to their F-15s and (MALE) drones. (Egypt will get 10 TAI ANKAS to fulfill that role)

Now if you were mature enough to have a rational debate I would tell you how Egypt counteracts this technological advantage but it seems you dont want to engage in one.

Regarding cruise-missiles. Once again, you don't even have any decent submarines or destroyers or frigates. And what you have, is once again, from the West. Useless against newer Western frigates/destroyers and subs.
Destroyers are deemed surplus to requirement as is a large fleet of submarines. 4 type Romeo upgraded extensively with Chinese and western armament and systems will eventually be supplemented with 2 of the latest variant Type-209 submarines. 4 Ambassador MK III class large fast attack craft will join the 4 Oliver Hazard Perry class frigates and 2 Knox class frigates as Egypt's flagship naval vessels. Being the smallest branch of the Egyptian armed forces it still has the largest navy in Africa and the Middle east and would eat the Israeli one whole. Now you are welcome to to tell me how such vessels armed with Harpoon B-IIs are useless against one with the same armament. Better why don't you tell me why Egypt would pick a fight with America or any other power?

The F-16s are for the protection of the Egyptian people form any threat either within or outside Egypt's borders as is every piece of equipment and soldier in the Egyptian armed forces.

The Israeli air force has a technological advantage over Egypts due to their F-15s and (MALE) drones. (Egypt will get 10 TAI ANKAS to fulfill that role)

Destroyers are deemed surplus to requirement as is a large fleet of submarines. 4 type Romeo upgraded extensively with Chinese and western armament and systems will eventually be supplemented with 2 of the latest variant Type-209 submarines. 4 Ambassador MK III class large fast attack craft will join the 4 Oliver Hazard Perry class frigates and 2 Knox class frigates as Egypt's flagship naval vessels. Being the smallest branch of the Egyptian armed forces it still has the largest navy in Africa and the Middle east and would eat the Israeli one whole. Now you are welcome to to tell me how such vessels armed with Harpoon B-IIs are useless against one with the same armament. Better why don't you tell me why Egypt would pick a fight with America or any other power?

Oh really; is it for the "protection" of the Egyptian people? I thought it was for bombing Ethiopia. It's what the Morsi-regime is threatening with these days, besides "fighting militants" in Sinai of course.

Mark my words; The IAF will ALWAYS have a MASSIVE advantage over Egyptian military and AF. Why? Because Israel has better tech, they are smarter, they basically control the U.S. and the U.S. would NEVER side with you against Israel. I hope every one of you or the KSA/Qatar-fans UNDERSTAND that.

The Egyptian military is not even independent; you receive most aid from the U.S. after Israel. However the difference is: U.S. is always with Israel, and will NEVER be with you. EVER. Not now in 2013, NOT in 2050 either, lol, understand ?

And finally; that's a lot of useless ships right there. Israeli Dolphin-class subs and IAF would sink that before you know it.

The Egyptian Navy is NOT the largest in Africa. The Algerian Navy has a lot more quality and better vessels as of today.

You do understand that 4 Algerian Improved-Kilo class subs would woop 4 Improved-Romeo class subs BIG time? :)

Oliver Hazard yes; I am sure they would come long (NOT) against Type 054 frigates and German MEKOs which will be in Algerian Navy inventory by 2015.

Oh really; is it for the "protection" of the Egyptian people? I thought it was for bombing Ethiopia. It's what the Morsi-regime is threatening with these days, besides "fighting militants" in Sinai of course.

Again, you show your immaturity. The lives of millions of Egyptians is dependent on the Nile waters, anything deemed to risk Egypt's share is a matter of national security. If you were knowledgeable about the Egyptian armed forces you would know that it is largely independent from state control. Why you put a quotation mark around fighting militants is beyond me and perhaps everyone except you.

Mark my words; The IAF will ALWAYS have a MASSIVE advantage over Egyptian military and AF. Why? Because Israel has better tech, they are smarter, they basically control the U.S. and the U.S. would NEVER side with you against Israel. I hope every one of you or the KSA/Qatar-fans UNDERSTAND that.

In some areas Israel has better tech and in other areas Egypt does. Every nation must build an armed forces to the best of its capabilities and in Egypt's case to the best its budgetary constraints can allow. However, the notion that Israelis are "smarter" than Egyptians is racist and if not racist then utterly laughable. Israel is Americas main ally yes and they will always have their back and Egypt knows this.

The Egyptian military is not even independent; you receive most aid from the U.S. after Israel. However the difference is: U.S. is always with Israel, and will NEVER be with you. EVER. Not now in 2013, NOT in 2050 either, lol, understand ?

No nation on earth is completely militarily independent not even the one with the largest military industrial complex, yeah that's right America. Your use of the abbreviation lol is obnoxious and you still exhibit the debate and reasoning skills of a six year old. The US aid is as result of the 73 and 79 peace treaties and is to ensure peace between the two nations in layman terms its a bribe.

And finally; that's a lot of useless ships right there. Israeli Dolphin-class subs and IAF would sink that before you know it.
I'm sure if there is a war both sides will suffer losses. However, again, you don't have any knowledge about the Egyptian armed forces you have also missed that we have numerous and various submarine hunters which are complemented with Kaman SH-2G Super Seasprite along with Beechcraft 1900s for maritime patrol and submarine location. Theres more but you get the point.

The Egyptian Navy is NOT the largest in Africa. The Algerian Navy has a lot more quality and better vessels as of today.
Egypt: A total of 221+ Navy ships and 67+ merchant marine ships and 4 romeos.
Algeria: A total of 36+ Navy ships and 38+ merchant marine ships and 4 kilos.

Im sorry but you need to reevaluate your numbers.

You do understand that 4 Algerian Improved-Kilo class subs would woop 4 Improved-Romeo class subs BIG time?
@Ceylal
I will leave you to answer this kid.

You see kid Ceylal understands Egypt and Algeria are brotherly nations even if there may have been some tensions over frivolous issues and the deplorable glory hoarding of the previous regime ignoring the Algerian contribution to the war effort.

Oliver Hazard yes; I am sure they would come long (NOT) against Type 054 frigates and German MEKOs which will be in Algerian Navy inventory by 2015.
4 Ambassador MK-III by 2014 and an option for two more. All arms of the Egyptian military are currently being modernised and some reequipped. If you want to talk some more we can gladly do so on the Egyptian Armed Forces thread or the Algerian Armed Forces thread as we are currently derailing our fellow Iraqis thread. Peace.

Again, you show your immaturity. The lives of millions of Egyptians is dependent on the Nile waters, anything deemed to risk Egypt's share is a matter of national security.
In some areas Israel has better tech and in other areas Egypt does. . However, the notion that Israelis are "smarter" than Egyptians is racist

I'm sure if there is a war both sides will suffer losses.

Egypt: A total of 221+ Navy ships and 67+ merchant marine ships and 4 romeos.
Algeria: A total of 36+ Navy ships and 38+ merchant marine ships and 4 kilos.

Egypt and Algeria are brotherly nations

4 Ambassador MK-III by 2014 and an option for two more.

You can "whine" about immaturity as much as you want; I am just brutally honest. Fact hurts, doesn't it? : )

Right, I am "racist", and only water for Egyptians count; not for the Ethiopians; got it!, thanks!

Yes, there would be loses on both sides in a war between Israel and Egypt. Israel would kill and destroy around 10 times more of everything you got, and YES that's a LOL too!

Oh right, so Egypt and Algeria are "brotherly", just like you were "brotherly" with Syria until now, you mean? Algeria is NOT stupid. Algeria knows that in case of a war with either the U.S., France or Morocco, Egypt would NEVER support Algeria. Because your whole military is DEPENDENT on U.S./KSA/Qatari money. FACT = Military aid, check out what that is.

I don't care about "having 2 more options", thats just on paper. Are they ordered ? No, those 2 options are just "options in theory". Right 4 Ambassadors and 4 old Oliver-class frigates and 4 Romeos; Yeah, Israel is shaking in fear, again LOL.

I have replied normally to everything that has to do with the Iraqi Air Force. It's one of the KSA-fanboys that deralied the threat and started laughing, then don't be surprised when I reply to that and start laughing at deluded people either.

Back
Top Bottom