What's new

The Iraqi Armed Forces

@Doritos11

Why MiG-29M? You should go after MiG-35, the Russians have placed their order for their own Air Force long time ago. Also, it is highly unlikely that the Russians will agree to sell out Su-35.

Don't buy American weapons!

We tried to lure the Russians by placing an order of 100 MiG-35, in return they must remove Assad. The Qatari's did something similar.

I really hope they don't buy Mig29m's or even Mig35 (there are speculations it's compromised in the deal too)..apart from the Su35 and PAK FA T-50, I wouldn't want any other russian aircraft..would rather buy rafales or typhoons.

as for american stuff..they wont sell to us anyway. We've asked for F18's and they refused, rumours say they refused F15's and patriots as well..only last year Americans accepted to supply us with Apaches..but looks like Iraq had change of heart and went for the Mi28NE, Mi35 and Ka-52.

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of interest,

Not that I feel sorry for the insurgents/terrorists/criminals the Iraqi Government are fighting, but do any Iraqis here have any sympathy for them? Aren't children now left without fathers who have been killed by the Iraqi Army?

Out of interest,

Not that I feel sorry for the insurgents/terrorists/criminals the Iraqi Government are fighting, but do any Iraqis here have any sympathy for them? Aren't children now left without fathers who have been killed by the Iraqi Army?

A suicide bomber on average nowadays kills 20 wounds double as much, mothers/fathers and kids that were killed while unarmed and innocent.
The terrorist who is a father will teach his sons to do the same.

So no I don’t feel sympathy, I think they should use all that is needed, impose military law in some places.
There is better technology to secure cities, for example all roads/highways that enter Baghdad could be secured with high tech boder security equipment which is what they are working on now, only it came too late.

Out of interest,

Terrorists are creating dozens of orphans daily, so the answer would be no, they choose that path, they and their families should take the responsibilities. If I was in power I would order to confiscate all the terrorists property includings homes to pay for the victims.

Their children should be sent to rehab centres to clean their polluted minds.

I really hope they don't buy Mig29m's or even Mig35 (there are speculations it's compromised in the deal too)..apart from the Su35 and PAK FA T-50, I wouldn't want any other russian aircraft..would rather buy rafales or typhoons.

as for american stuff..they wont sell to us anyway. We've asked for F18's and they refused, rumours say they refused F15's and patriots as well..only last year Americans accepted to supply us with Apaches..but looks like Iraq had change of heart and went for the Mi28NE, Mi35 and Ka-52.

Well,

It isn't about what you wish to see. The US will never sell F15s to anyone else than KSA and Israel in the region, as I stated earlier, it is a killing machine due to its air superiority. I don't know much about why they rejected selling F/A-18 ,but perhaps they had their own reasons.

Come on! ._. The MiG-35 is awesome, and I doubt the Russians will sell Su-35 to Iraq either, China became the 1st customer now, so let's wait and see.

You will want to wait for another 4 years to see stealthy air craft in hand.

Well,

It isn't about what you wish to see. The US will never sell F15s to anyone else than KSA and Israel in the region, as I stated earlier, it is a killing machine due to its air superiority. I don't know much about why they rejected selling F/A-18 ,but perhaps they had their own reasons.

Come on! ._. The MiG-35 is awesome, and I doubt the Russians will sell Su-35 to Iraq either, China became the 1st customer now, so let's wait and see.

You will want to wait for another 4 years to see stealthy air craft in hand.

I prefer Rafale/Typhoon over the mig 35.
Even though around 20 million more expensive, Indian MRCA competition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We can trust from this that Rafale would be 1 of the best.
36 F16 block 52
100 Dassault Rafale
And a number of air superiority fighters like the SU 30/SU 35 in the future.

This could be done with our current GDP considering it is rising everyday on a good percentage, only the focus would have to be on air defence/air force forgetting tanks and artillery.

I prefer Rafale/Typhoon over the mig 35.
We can trust from this that Rafale would be 1 of the best.
36 F16 block 52
100 Dassault Rafale
And a number of air superiority fighters like the SU 30/SU 35 in the future.

Sorry to say, but Iraq is not going to get any Rafale or Typhoons, and not even MiG-35.

France/EU will not sell this type of aircraft to Iraq who is an ally of Iran. I support Iraq, and their alliance with Syria and Iran, but France and EU will never allow it. Second of all; Iraq doesn't even controll all of it's borders, since Qatar/Saudi-Wahhabi-sponsored terrorists operate in Anbar province of Iraq. Northern Iraq is also beyond Iraqi Army control, thus delivering Rafale or Typhoon, or even MiG-35 won't happen.

Turkey, Saudi-Arabia, Kuwait, Jordan and Israel would also protest such sales.

So what you can trust is that Iraq is not going to get Rafale nor Typhoon, and even if they did (but they don't), they would never be equipped to the point they are in French Air Force anyway.

Which brings me to the next point. Those 36 F-16s Iraq is about to recieve between 2014 and 2018 won't have the air-to-air missiles of a F-16 Block 52. I read that the U.S. wanted to make "sure" that Iraq "cannot engage" air forces in the region. So those F-16s are more for roles against terrorists, and some limited defence of the air space.

What I feel Iraq needs now, when it comes to helis and aircraft is Mi-28, Ka-52 which have already been signed for. There are also some rumors regarding MiG-29SMT, but still, that's a rumor. So Iraq need cheap fighters ASAP. Besides possible MiG-29s, Iraq should look into getting a few Su-27, something that can be delivered VERY fast, and not something Iraq has to wait for until 2018. Another possibility is to look into JF-17 Block 2, which is also a very good fighter and can be delivered faster than those downgraded F-16s or possible MiG-29SMT that there are only rumors about as of today.

The best choice is IMO the Russian MiG-35, Iraq should get these for low price and delivery would be very quick. The Mikoyan-Gorevich firm is desperate for orders, thats why Russian goverment decided to buy a few dosen MiG-35s lately, simply to keep them going for a little longer. Either MiG-35 or Su-35/30.

@PRC2025
since Qatar/Saudi-Wahhabi-sponsored terrorists operate in Anbar province of Iraq. Northern Iraq is also beyond Iraqi Army control, thus delivering Rafale or Typhoon, or even MiG-35 won't happen.

Worthless word :lol:

Why does KSA want to destibilize Iraq :lol:

If you're playing the Sunni card, then I encourage you to read more about bye Iraqi cabinet, there are lots of Sunnis in it.

@PRC2025

Worthless word :lol:

Why does KSA want to destibilize Iraq :lol:

If you're playing the Sunni card, then I encourage you to read more about bye Iraqi cabinet, there are lots of Sunnis in it.

LMAO, whatever. Riyadh MUST DIE :) It's a terrorist state.

You need to understand that Iran, Iraq, Syria and Algeria does NOT like YOU. Neither did Saddam or Quadaffi when they were alive. But, yeah, Al-Qaida loves you, lol.

Iraqi special forces take part in a drill simulating a hostage rescue operation on June 19, 2013 at an Iraqi army base North of Baghdad. AFP PHOTO/ALI AL-SAADI (Photo credit should read ALI AL-SAADI/AFP/Getty Images)

170846229-iraqi-special-forces-take-part-in-a-drill-gettyimages.jpg

170850300-iraqi-special-forces-take-part-in-a-drill-gettyimages.jpg

170845135-iraqi-special-forces-take-part-in-a-drill-gettyimages.jpg

170845189-iraqi-special-forces-take-part-in-a-drill-gettyimages.jpg

170846255-iraqi-special-forces-take-part-in-a-drill-gettyimages.jpg

170846317-iraqi-special-forces-take-part-in-a-drill-gettyimages.jpg

They control Anbar, attacks are hit and run, these groups do not control any land.

That sounds good; however it's still an area in chaos if you know what I mean. So selling any high-end fighters is very risky.

However, I hope Iraq can take a look at fighters or advanced trainers from Russia or Pakistan. Iraq need fighters fast. Even advanced trainers would be sufficient, such as Yak-130. Something that is cheap, can be produced and delivered fast and easier to maintain.

An Iraqi Counter Terrorist forces soldier participates in a rehearsal with forces from Jordan and Lebanon as part of Eager Lion, a multinational military exercise in Zarqa, Jordan, Monday, June 17 (photo credit: AP/Maya Alleruzzo)

Mideast-Jordan-Eager-_Horo.jpg

LMAO, whatever. Riyadh MUST DIE :) It's a terrorist state.

You need to understand that Iran, Iraq, Syria and Algeria does NOT like YOU. Neither did Saddam or Quadaffi when they were alive. But, yeah, Al-Qaida loves you, lol.

Don't lose your temper, you haven't seen a thing yet :)

Like we give a damn about Safavids and their stooges.

Back
Top Bottom