What's new

The Iraqi Armed Forces

no harm in that..

I am wondering..why has Iraq not made any requests for rafales or typhoons yet ?!

progress is frustrating me..I'd like to know the state of the Iraqi army by 2021..the 100th anniversary establishing the Iraqi army...

we need to purchase some sophisticated fighters now for them to be in service by that time..I'd hate to see f16's and Mig29's only.

A government of idiots that we have with many parties that work against each other slowing down all improvements in the military, not forgetting the Kurdish parties that reject arming the military.
We have the money, seriously the improvements are too slow and they are minor.
They could purchase 70+ Rafales and spread the money over several years, our GDP has the money and it has a high growth rate, so there is no excuse for them/

I don't even know what to say..it's a shame.

I hope the mod and government fix up their act..

I don't even know what to say..it's a shame.

I hope the mod and government fix up their act..

I agree but I have been hoping that for years, f*k them all.
Though theres no way Iraq could use major protests, Kurds will make use of it for their agenda. So what side is the good side for people that want development..

181444_458528274223470_1012337279_n.jpg

What weapons do the Iraqi Police use apart from Ak47's and PKM's?

What weapons do the Iraqi Police use apart from Ak47's and PKM's?

Glock 19 mainly, Iraq is the largest user in the world of Glock 19.
and Zastava M21.
Besides that the heavy weapons on the pick ups and huvmees
iraq_police_AP408026933995_620x350.jpg

There is IP = Iraqi police
NP = National Police / Federal Police
SWAT

They do not use many variants of weapons except for AKs, Glock 19s.
The ministry of interior is looking for new small arms.

no harm in that..

I am wondering..why has Iraq not made any requests for rafales or typhoons yet ?!

progress is frustrating me..I'd like to know the state of the Iraqi army by 2021..the 100th anniversary establishing the Iraqi army...

we need to purchase some sophisticated fighters now for them to be in service by that time..I'd hate to see f16's and Mig29's only.

They cant really do better, simply because lack of funding. However something like Su-35 will be different story, directly competititor of Rafale and Typhoon yet less then half the price. I am shocked and surprized why countries arent waiting in line for this cost-effective Russian beast.

I know the majority of Iraqi army are Shia, but what percentage of the new Iraqi army are former members of the Bathist army ?

I know the majority of Iraqi army are Shia, but what percentage of the new Iraqi army are former members of the Bathist army ?

A low percentage ofcourse, since the numbers of low ranked soldiers are much higher then the officers, and the soldiers from the baathist era are old now, not the average age of a low rank soldier.
Though if you ask me how many officers of the former army structure has joined the new army then the number is quite big, high ranked officers as well such as the commander of dijala operations command.

A low percentage ofcourse, since the numbers of low ranked soldiers are much higher then the officers, and the soldiers from the baathist era are old now, not the average age of a low rank soldier.
Though if you ask me how many officers of the former army structure has joined the new army then the number is quite big, high ranked officers as well such as the commander of dijala operations command.

I would say at least 60%+ of the current members served in the former army. Ali Ghaidan, commander of the Iraqi ground forces served throughout the entire Iran-Iraq war and was imprisoned in 1991. Nassir al Ghanam (who's images have been posted here), has served in the former Iraqi army for about 15 years. Commander of the Tigris operations command, as well as thousands of former baathist officers who returned to the army especially after 2010.

It was forced conscription before, so it is most likely that almost every IA member who is 30 years or older has served in the former army.

They cant really do better, simply because lack of funding. However something like Su-35 will be different story, directly competititor of Rafale and Typhoon yet less then half the price. I am shocked and surprized why countries arent waiting in line for this cost-effective Russian beast.

The main reasons are ploitical and not economical. None of Iraqs neighbors support or trust the Iraqi government. They don't want to see any advanced equipment for the Iraqi military. Iraq could easily set aside $4 billion dollars annualy for purchasing military hardware. Which it is doing right now. There is talk about a second $4-5 billion with Russia, this most likely includes advanced weapons systems and fighters.

I would say at least 60%+ of the current members served in the former army. Ali Ghaidan, commander of the Iraqi ground forces served throughout the entire Iran-Iraq war and was imprisoned in 1991. Nassir al Ghanam (who's images have been posted here), has served in the former Iraqi army for about 15 years. Commander of the Tigris operations command, as well as thousands of former baathist officers who returned to the army especially after 2010.

It was forced conscription before, so it is most likely that almost every IA member who is 30 years or older has served in the former army.

60%+ in the officer category, the soldiers are all new.

Back
Top Bottom