What's new

The Indomitable Indian Spirit : Making Impossible to Possible

See the answer you asked for. And you believe they have the rationality to judge us. :D
See. every one here knows more science than you and me. just ask them how many research papers they have published, how many scientific conferences they have attend ? They will judge you. This is the mentality I hate the most.

I was commenting on your quote about how others are taking jibes at this guy because of their inability to move to a Western country. I gave the name of celebrities just to show their wealth power. Like that there are millions in India who are actually very wealthy but still choose to live in India.
The wealthy actors, businessmen chose to stay in India because this is the ideal place for them to earn their bread and butter. Not because they have certain patriotic zeal. Huge unexplored market, cheap labor forces them to stay, nothing else.For them staying abroad is not a necessity.Understand the difference?The reasoning is flawed in the start itself.

Now if you are talking of job opportunities, then there are thousands of scientists too working in India and no they are not some rejects of universities. Considering much of Indian technical advancement was in face of technology denial by the developed world, these guys are heroes. The best among the best to have gotten us where they have.

Thousands of world class scientists are working in India,true and I salute them. But it does necessarily negates the facts that they work under certain condition which have some perennial constraints like lack of adequate fund, lack of modern research facilities and enough stipend. So, blaming those who goes abroad for better atmosphere is mere prejudiced and unnecessarily chauvinist thinking. We failed to keep them in, its our fault, not theirs.

Me, I made good money for myself while still living in India.
India started out as a country raped by white men and then sanctioned to its eyeballs until recently unlike US which was living off the loot of the world and had huge amount of networking and recourse to scientists from everywhere in the world and is unsurprisingly better off.
So it is a shame you would look down on people who beat all odds and in a fair and square manner. No surprises there though.

Boo hoo. So sad. Nobody cares.

It's great that you were able to make something of yourself. The vast majority of Indians don't make in a year what I do in a month even as a student. I see no reason to live like that. There isn't a single place in India where I would be able to work on the cutting edge of science as I am able to do here.

Nobody is demeaning the achievements of those mentioned by the OP, but quite frankly compared to the rest of the world, it's pretty piss poor pathetic. And nobody cares about what has happened in the past, only the present matters.

Science isn't constrained by borders, man made constructs. If the best place to work in my field was Pakistan, I would go there.

It's great that you were able to make something of yourself. The vast majority of Indians don't make in a year what I do in a month even as a student. I see no reason to live like that. There isn't a single place in India where I would be able to work on the cutting edge of science as I am able to do here.

Nobody is demeaning the achievements of those mentioned by the OP, but quite frankly compared to the rest of the world, it's pretty piss poor pathetic. And nobody cares about what has happened in the past, only the present matters.

Science isn't constrained by borders, man made constructs. If the best place to work in my field was Pakistan, I would go there.
Just ask these experts that how many publications they have ?

I think we need to put our heads down and work hard for the next 2-3 centuries to provide opportunity to every last Indian to achieve his or her dreams.

The rest will take care of itself. No noise, just hard work.

I am not a scientist and I never claimed to be one. I did not say others cared too. It was only these Bengali scientist who were crying that India did not care for them and badmouthing India.

Well you are still no Lakshmi Mittal. He was asked what he does of all his billions and he said he still has only one mouth and one stomach and there is only so much food he can eat. Rest of it is inconsequential.

Good for you that you found your place in the world.

Yeah, right it is piss poor pathetic that is why India is within the top 5 countries in every field of human endeavor unlike Australia. I do not know when was the last time I heard Australia was the world leader in anything except drinking beer.

Ohh really, science and global citizens. Such greatness and noble thoughts.

The wealthy actors, businessmen chose to stay in India because this is the ideal place for them to earn their bread and butter. Not because they have certain patriotic zeal. Huge unexplored market, cheap labor forces them to stay, nothing else.For them staying abroad is not a necessity.Understand the difference?The reasoning is flawed in the start itself.

They live here because they love being here. Not everyone thinks only in terms of materialism unlike you Marxists. Your reasoning is flawed rather. Human beings =/= Machines.

Thousands of world class scientists are working in India,true and I salute them. But it does necessarily negates the facts that they work under certain condition which have some perennial constraints like lack of adequate fund, lack of modern research facilities and enough stipend. So, blaming those who goes abroad for better atmosphere is mere prejudiced and unnecessarily chauvinist thinking. We failed to keep them in, its our fault, not theirs.

Ohhh right. You know what as I replied to your other comrade, I hope the exodus continues. We could do without a few million leeches.

ho ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. The people who are earning because of connection, recommendation are talking about science. ho ho ho.

jo marzi kar bhai,,,,but after u have achieved ur due,come back to India n teach the young ones...
waisey hi dumbos jyada ho gaye hae :D,,,namooney toh dikh hi rahe hongey.
@Skull and Bones
u too bro.

Even i favor replacing leeches with cows. :D
Everyone here is an expert you know. When people get money , when their stomach is full, they will start lecturing to those people who have no money or whose stomach is empty. he he he he.

45fd35dcf0d96f57dddd618590692981.gif

Yeah, right it is piss poor pathetic that is why India is within the top 5 countries in every field of human endeavor unlike Australia. I do not know when was the last time I heard Australia was the world leader in anything except drinking beer.

Australia has about as many people as Mumbai. Let me know when Mumbai produces more scientific publications than Australia. Or is superior in any form of human endeavour.

Frankly half the shit I see published even here in Australia is utter crap. In my three years doing literature review globally, I've found a couple of papers from India which has any sort of worthwhile contribution to my fields of study in mathematics, mechanisms and machines, robotics and solid state physics. (yes very diverse)

jo marzi kar bhai,,,,but after u have achieved ur due,come back to India n teach the young ones...
waisey hi dumbos jyada ho gaye hae :D,,,namooney toh dikh hi rahe hongey.
@Skull and Bones
u too bro.

I don't have the patience to teach. My firm that my supervisor started and I am a part of will be investing much of proprietary technology in India.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom