What's new

The Indian within

should ask this question to our Pakistani brothers!!!!

I refrain from it because I know the answer to it. If I was a Pakistani, I would have defended the right for my country to exist till death and steadfastly refused to acknowledge any perfidious statements on me having an Indian identity too. And for this very reason, I'd also turn to Religion like never before.

The follow-on explanation that I didn't think was needed, is this: We South Indians consider ourselves Indian and part of Indian culture as much as anyone else (perhaps more so in a few cases) in spite of all the differences. So, how difficult is it for a Pakistani to reconcile his/her comparatively minor differences with his Indian brethren?
@Ravi Nair @Indischer @EyanKhan - Since we are discussing new states - I want support and recognition for the Independent Sovereign Principality of Anantnag. :D

I refrain from it because I know the answer to it. If I was a Pakistani, I would have defended the right for my country to exist till death and steadfastly refused to acknowledge any perfidious statements on me having an Indian identity too. And for this very reason, I'd also turn to Religion like never before.
You have said the Golden Truth. Don't repeat :devil:

The fact that the 'Eastern Part' of Pakistan isn't ethnically or linguistically homogeneous by a long shot because if by Eastern Parts of Pakistan he means 'Punjab' & 'Sindh' then :

Punjab is further divided into Southern, Central, Northern & Western Punjab!

The Southern parts of Punjab is Saraiki speaking which has its own Culture & there are Baluch majority regions therein - None of which has any cultural or linguistic similarities with Indian Punjab....only the outlying desert areas that pepper parts of Southern Punjab & Sindh have some similarities with Rajasthan because they're close to the Border but then they've got next to no population !

The Northern parts of Punjab is Hindko, Gojri, Pahari & Potowhari speaking which has its own culture & is linguistically close to either Western Pakistan or Kashmir (Which is not India :p: )

The Western parts of Punjab is Hindko & Pashto speaking which are again culturally & linguistically similar to Western Pakistan !

All you're left with is Central Punjab which is Punjabi speaking but even Central Punjab is multi-ethnic & linguistic & even the Punjabi Muslims before the Partition were culturally & linguistically similar but different that their Sikh or Hindu Counterparts so there really isn't an Indian within them or a Pakistani within their Sikh & Hindu counterparts - No one celebrates any of the Cultural Festivals of Indian Punjab here & even the Language has evolved differently !

How does one 'part' of Punjab equal the whole of 'Eastern Parts of Pakistan' is something that continues to confound me !

And down South you've got Sindh which is culturally similar to the Saraiki Belt & the Baluch Belt on its North & its West - It isn't culturally similar to the adjoining Indian State of Gujrat but only to the Sindhi Hindus who immigrated there at the time of the Partition !

I have no qualms whatsoever over what is common between the two of us but the author makes it look as if, in his own words, there is an India within Pakistan & a Pakistani within India when that is not so !

I don't have to justify sh*t - I wanted a separate country....I got it & I happy for it ! :smokin:

You wanted a separate country - You got it.....the Brits don't go about asking 'Justify' it ? :unsure:

As I said mate, you are focusing on the differences, the author is focusing on the similarities. When he says cultural similarities he is not talking about the "burger people" of India and Pakistan, he is talking about the average folks. Keeping the whether Kashmir belongs to India or Pakistan argument aside there are still similarities between Punjabi and Sindhi communities of Pakistan and North Indian groups.

It doesn't have to be to exactly the same, its about who and what you can relate to. Would a Pakistani Punjabi feel closer to an Indian Punjabi, Jammuite, a Gujjar, a Rajput, a Haryanavi,a Pahari from Himachal or would he feel closer to an Arab or Persian? Does a Polish feel closer to a Ukranian or does he feel closer to an African?

Whether you like it or not, but there is a North India inside Eastern Pakistan and there is a Eastern Pakistan inside North India. Some see it, some don't or rather won't.

15 million Muhajirs-->Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Deccan, Bhopal (300 Million Indians)

80 Million Pakistani Punjabis-->30 Million Indian Punjabis+2 Millions Jammuites+ Gujjars +Rajputs. Yes there are differences, but you can't ignore the similarities either.

35 Million Pakistani Sindhis--> 4 Million Indian Sindhis

1 Million Pakistani Gujaratis--> 60 Million Indian Gujaratis

Heck there are even some Baloch in India!

Pretty much this.

When Pakistanis want to distance themselves from Indians. It is rational, understandable.

But I don't like it when people throw out racial insults.

@Ravi Nair @Indischer @EyanKhan - Since we are discussing new states - I want support and recognition for the Independent Sovereign Principality of Anantnag. :D
Had to search What Anantang was lol
@Armstrong is the only person fit to be a ruler of any part of Kashmir , therefore i support him alone. sorry :(
Although if you accept his sovereignty , we can talk :smokin:

Hmmm, there were Pathans working in Chennai back in the day.

way less of them now. :(

Diversity is fun isn't it ? :D

Peshawar used to be quite diverse as well , now we only have a few Chinese and Africans though their number have dwindled as well :(

those who have some kind of indian within them , they should go to india and stay there , they are not wanted in Pakistan .. plain and simple

In the previous census, they

Of course, of course...You can have it. It's not like anyone else lives there anyway.:D
:mad: :mad: :hitwall: :o: :butcher::hang3::help::pissed::cry:

**Don't underestimate the Cat :disagree:
smart_cat_by_bueyedgirl-d4cq7tf.jpg

Back
Top Bottom