What's new

The Indian within

Wrong.

Indian middle class is becoming less liberal and getting seduced by Hindutva extremism. The difference is that Indians are smart enough to couch their fanaticism in politically correct terms like "cultural chauvinism", "anti communalism" and "atheist Hinduism".

Modi, ever an opportunist, is tapping into this yearning for Hindu assertiveness.

Though it is off-topic, but......:!!

This part is over-simplification, Indian middle-class is truly becoming more liberal, we are the witness of that change. If you think that rise of Modi is due to rise of Hindutva extremism, then you would be wrong. There are several factors behind his rise, some of the most important factors are:

1. Utter failure of Congress Govt., especially in comparison to the previous BJP Govt., and their inability to move out of dynastic politics and project a capable leader as the PM candidate.

2. BJP's past performance in center, its present performance in several well-governed state, and Modi's performance as a CM of Gujrat, all of them are in stark contrast with the Congress led governments.

3. The unprecedented rise in corruption level, both in terms of number & value, and Congress leadership's utter failure of controlling it, they lost control of their own government.

4. Unprecedented level of high inflation for a very long period, I personally feel the pinch very badly every time I go to market, and I am not exactly in the lower segment of the income ladder, I wonder how less fortunate ones are surviving.

5. Overall a dull mood in the economy, very few new things are happening, new jobs are only on paper, we don't see it, the business activity has been stalled, our economic growth has been stalled by this Government's mismanagement, they have a fancy name for this non-performance: "Policy Paralysis", should they go unpunished?

There are several factors, but "Hindutva extremism" is hardly any factor in that long list of factors, it never was a factor in India. That's why you would notice there is no talk of Hindutva or temples in Modi's election campaign, only development is the issue. India will remain a pluralistic tolerant multi-cultural society even under Modi's government, or Modi's government will not be there, you can trust us Indians on this. :-)

We understand Modi quite well because his tactics are standard for all demagogs throughout history. His economic achievements do not preclude his other tactics.

You may not like it when others dissect your hero unemotionally but that's the name of the game when you enter politics.

With all due respect, you Pakistanis dont need to understand anything bout Modi, just like we Indians dont need to understand anything about Jinnah.

The neat thing about partition is, you can have your own leaders, and we can have our own, without giving a damn about each others opinions.

This part is over-simplification, Indian middle-class is truly becoming more liberal, we are the witness of that change. If you think that rise of Modi is due to rise of Hindutva extremism, then you would be wrong. There are several factors behind his rise, some of the most important factors are:

All that is true.

However, it is also true that one of the selling points of BJP and Modi is the promise to fight against "communalism" and vote-bank politics. These are code words for supporting Hindu rights against allegedly "favored" treatment for minorities, especially Muslims.

Simply speaking, it exploits an "us v/s them" mentality.

All that is true.

However, it is also true that one of the selling points of BJP and Modi is the promise to fight against "communalism" and vote-bank politics. These are code words for supporting Hindu rights against allegedly "favored" treatment for minorities, especially Muslims.

no sir its not like that

unlike pakistanies who want to see every thing on basis/thru a prism of "his/her relegeon" or Ummah indians (becuase they are financially socially free and in time have mautred into a "real democracy" ) now have started to get over "regonalism, relegeon & caste based politics" and are going for the ones who work and diliver but the problem is with the old gaurd "most of the so called secular polituicians" whos main ideology or "strenth" was conevntional politics are trying to bring down the emerging wave

Thanks

no sir its not like that

unlike pakistanies who want to see every thing on basis/thru a prism of "his/her relegeon" or Ummah indians (becuase they are financially socially free and in time have mautred into a "real democracy" ) now have started to get over "regonalism, relegeon & caste based politics" and are going for the ones who work and diliver but the problem is with the old gaurd "most of the so called secular polituicians" whos main ideology or "strenth" was conevntional politics are trying to bring down the emerging wave

Thanks

You can spin it any way you like, but the fact is that BJP's attacks Congress for vote-bank politics "favoring" Muslims.

You can spin it any way you like, but the fact is that BJP's attacks Congress for vote-bank politics "favoring" Muslims.
BJP wanted to create a broader hindu votebank, and succeeded in 90s.
BJP-2 however is trying to improve on that and want to broaden its base, which is why focus on development.
The demography of India has changed, people are aspirational, they can see how other countries are progressing and 'development' is a good catchphrase to capture this new vote bank. BJP they have some track record to prove.

If babri mosque was not demolished, bjp would certainly have got a much larger share and consolidated hindu vote bank.

All that is true.

That much of "us v/s them" politics is done by all political parties, that hardly qualifies for "Hindutva extremism". BJP is not new to the running of a government, Modi is not new to the government, we don't see minorities are complaining in any of the BJP run states, hence, I don't think we have any reason to worry.
In any case, a competent government has more chance to protect minority rights then an incompetent corrupt government being led by a weak leader.

well brother its other way round BJP for the last twenty years "since im in active politics a member of RSS since childhood " BJPs main poll plank is development but since the congress and the so called secular parties "which mostli were made by congerssies and congeress to cut into BJP votes" keep on raking stupid formulas

but ist realli funny to see pakistanies sweating over it since there own house is burning and they are worried over whats happening to india or its citizens

now what do you call this behaviour sir

Though it is off-topic, but......:!!

1. Utter failure of Congress Govt., especially in comparison to the previous BJP Govt., and their inability to move out of dynastic politics and project a capable leader as the PM candidate.

2. BJP's past performance in center, its present performance in several well-governed state, and Modi's performance as a CM of Gujrat, all of them are in stark contrast with the Congress led governments.

3. The unprecedented rise in corruption level, both in terms of number & value, and Congress leadership's utter failure of controlling it, they lost control of their own government.

4. Unprecedented level of high inflation for a very long period, I personally feel the pinch very badly every time I go to market, and I am not exactly in the lower segment of the income ladder, I wonder how less fortunate ones are surviving.

5. Overall a dull mood in the economy, very few new things are happening, new jobs are only on paper, we don't see it, the business activity has been stalled, our economic growth has been stalled by this Government's mismanagement, they have a fancy name for this non-performance: "Policy Paralysis", should they go unpunished?

There are several factors, but "Hindutva extremism" is hardly any factor in that long list of factors, it never was a factor in India. That's why you would notice there is no talk of Hindutva or temples in Modi's election campaign, only development is the issue. India will remain a pluralistic tolerant multi-cultural society even under Modi's government, or Modi's government will not be there, you can trust us Indians on this. :-)

Chill bro. You dont need to justify to Pakistanis why we like Modi. We could like him for his Hindutva or development, thats our political choice :)

So only me and guynextdoor supports AAP on forum?? any congressi supporters?? :P

Chill bro. You dont need to justify to Pakistanis why we like Modi. We could like him for his Hindutva or development, thats our political choice :)

Developereo is not a troll, that's why. :-)

Most of Punjab does not have similarities with Indian Punjab in the Cultural sense !

Most of Southern Punjab doesn't have linguistic similarities with Indian Punjab let alone Cultural ones because it is a Saraiki Speaking region with some Baluch Speaking Regions !

Most of Northern Punjab is Potowhari, Gojri, Hindko or Pahari speaking regions which have similarities either with Kashmir or with the Western Parts of Pakistan !

Most of Central Punjab speaks Punjabi & thats about the extent of the similarities between Indian Punjab & Pakistani Punjab because even when it comes to Punjab - Our Punjabis are different & I don't just mean the script but the anecdotes, the tales, the pronouns, even the songs (theme) etc. & when it comes to the Culture - there really isn't any similarity between the two is there ? No one from here celebrates Besakhi (I dunno even know how to spell it) or other Punjabi Cultural Festivals which are interwoven with Sikh & to a lesser extent Hindu Religious Festivals - Maybe the Basant would be an exception to the rule but for the past decade or so - No basant either because of the deaths due to severed throats & what not !

I just don't fancy reading a proselytizing piece especially one that isn't reflective of Pakistan or Pakistanis & I do feel nauseous due to these self-righteous & pious sermons !
Come on bro, u also havent stepped out of Lahore and are complaining that the author is myopic. U dont even speak punjabi properly, how can u comment about the verbs and the sayings etc etc. A lot of central punjab and majha region of Indian Punjab share the same dialect of Punjabi.

Problem with Pakistanies is that everyone want to paint over 180 million people with same brush. I think we should realize the reality and copy slogan of India "Unity in Diversity", of course word we should use should be some tough Urdu words with Persian origin to make it different and halal. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom