What's new

The Indian Rafale: Why Pakistan Should Celebrate! -Opinion (ALL Rafale posts here please)

I wonder why you Indian gone mad?
STOP talking go ahead and do something than cry all the time on your poor Indian Media.
You Indian even dont dare to face the power of PAF

Our Jf-17's will be blasted out of the sky by these Rafale's, We got any plans to get a GOOD fighter jet?

JF-17 is answer to everything

For it to be answer to everything, so many changes would be needed to be made to the current platform that it will all together cease to be JF-17 anymore and become something new that would dimly resemble the current platform. I doubt we have the resources, time or the technology at our disposal to embark upon such a comprehensive re-hash of the Thunder. The Thunder was always envisaged to be a very good cost effective fighter (within a budget) that could punch above its weight class (in boxing parlance). What you are suggesting is too much of a stretch.

But that's just my opinion and would happily wish to be proven wrong by whatever unfolds with time.

Just one question..how will PAF counter meteor and spectra combo?
Meteor cant be countered by any AAM in PAF inventory now or in foreseeable future.as far as i see it unless americans gave their latest AIM-120D which just entered production.
Hi,Did you forget the Scalp cruise missile with range of 500 kms

Please be realistic
The Chinese gave that timeline not me. according to the Chinese the Production of J-31 will start in 2024 and you think in the same year J-31 will come to Pakistan?? Please... Even 2024 is 8 years from now and in 2021 India will have 36 Rafales Successfully Inducted and who knows may be they start to induct PAK-FA T-50

If ordered now by a foreign customer, FC-31 could enter the production as early as 2019 and achieve IOC in 2022. A recent rumor suggested that the second FC-31 prototype started taxi test on April 30, 2016. The latest rumor claimed that the 01 prototype powered by two indigenous WS-13E turbofan engines flew for the first time on July 1, 2016.

http://chinese-military-aviation.blogspot.com.au/

Everytime india makes an acquisition these fan boys get excited, they did it with the Su30's they did it with their AEWC and everytime we do what must be done. 126 would have been something to worry about 36 not so much. If not J31 we might see something equiv lets see. Its been a long time coming so PAF would have planned well in advance for this one (Thankfully we dont suffer the same bureaucratic stonewalling machine the indians suffer) .

They will say Chinese PL-15, because every weapon in Chinese inventory, is automatically theirs and every Chinese weapons are ready to Rock and Roll, without passing all the test, and induction.

How well versed are you about pl 15 ongoing development cycle and the worries which it is causing american generals ? If you knkw or dont know still this reply reeks of utter ignorance or a troll attempt at best

Today marks the official signing of the long awaited, discussed, contested contract of Rafale aircraft for Indian Air Force. Enter the first western designed fifth generation multi-role fighter aircraft, most suitable for Indian desire of airspace domination over the sub-continent.

However, I find today as the real reason for celebration across many circles, including Pakistan's military community. Why, you may reckon? The procurement of 36 Rafales is exactly where India should not be.

Here is my opinion!

A) The selection of Rafale, after many painstaking years was to replace the Migs of India, which are in hundreds. Out of 120 aircraft, only 36 are being procured, which defeats the purpose of the induction.

B) The French Dassault are notoriously expensive. The "cost through life" of their bird is 6 times any of its contemporary, ensuring that budget will always be short, and always be tight.

C) Till the time the aircraft capabilities are fully realized, it would already be fully neutralized by competitive procurements in the region.

D) Once Indian pilots fly the Rafale, the interest in TEJAS will diminish further, creating an internal battle of buying foreign versus building local, hence jeopardizing both programs.

E) The Rafale aircraft purchase kills the "make in india" dream of the Modi government, which shows that this decision is a panic decision to stop gap fill the entirely low serviceability rates of IAF, combined with shrinking squadron numbers and lack of pilots.

F) The Rafale deal essentially closes the door in Indian Air Force for BAE Systems Eurofighter Typhoon, and BAE Systems ES products. This will re-open the opportunity of other countries to access the platform/avionics from these sources.

G) Rafale program is essentially a lame duck political approach, which exemplifies the military policy of the state being run by civilians, never coming up to the expectation of uniformed professionals.

H) Rafale deal is highly suspected of big bribes from the French to all levels within the Indian administration, MOD, and IAF, which will eventually come out and further derail any future procurement plans of IAF to meet the existing and future requirements.

Totally hopeless argument by 'Professional' to hide Pakistan's coming danger .
A. MMRCA was for 126 aircraft to be produce in India under 'make in India' initiative . this aircraft are to replace mig-27 and Jaguar not mig-21 , LCA will replace Mig-21. as the negotiation process is long and 36 procure direct from France other minimum 90 will be produce in India . total number may rise to 189
B. They might have consider the life cycle cost of the Aircraft if not then the negotiation would be so long
C. i think you mean competitive procurement in the region refer to Pakistan . what is Pakistan option now ?
F. Rafale is politically more sound platform then Eurofighter as its coming from one country you effectively please only one country instead of 3~4 country .

sourgrapesfox.jpg

Back
Top Bottom