What's new

The Indian Rafale: Why Pakistan Should Celebrate! -Opinion (ALL Rafale posts here please)

IAF is and will get more advance birds till 2025 , there fleet will be advance in all aspects and also way more in numbers.

Basically PAF had been a reactive force which carried no major global aspirations but to protect its airspace from neighboring country India. PAF never had numerical superiority over IAF but yes it did enjoy technological edge in some areas. Post 9/11 PAF was literally in shambles as compared to IAF but post 2005 till date it had totally restructured itself and made advancements in all fields including digitization, sensitive tech acquisition, UAVs, hi tech aircraft including AWACS, Radars, sensitive munitions, Air Defence to name a few. But still it wasnt in line with its vision 2025, which ultimately was abandoned during last PPP regime. Having said so ye sit has to take remedial steps and go for a heavy like SU-35 before going for any 5th Gen aircraft like J-31 or TFX etc.

Appologises to disagree

• India has the expertise and experience to operate multiple / expensive platforms so no problem there
  • Tejas and Rafale will not compete each other but complement each other.
  • India has the resources to bear the costs.
  • the 36 planes will be chosen for high value and complex missions whereas Tejas will became the work horse
  • mere 36 planes don't break the make in India dream. it will live on.
  • Rafale is the Grand daddy of French Mirage 2000 legend and is the height of French aeronautic expertise.
  • Rafale is an Apex predator, there is no natural competitor in the region. only Chinese Su-35 comes close, Pakistan is denied high tech access and doesn't have resources. Chinese fifth generation projects are a joke.
  • lower number of Rafales is compensated by its impressive package which cant be matched by its rivals. Eurofighter doesnt deserve a mention its a duplicate with nothing much to offer .. so nothing lost for India.
sarcasm level : DEFCON 1... !!!

So are you going to put 3 pilots in each Rafale? :lol:
Jokes aside, Indian needed the rafale because it could not trust its SU-30 MKI or even the upgades, just lately it has complained to Russia about its MIG-29' k performance too. But if the problem is with maintenance teams and pilots then the rafale too will be worthless for India just like the other aircrafts it is already operating,,

36 SU-35 will be around 4 billion $, maybe Pakistan should go for 24 MIG-35 and 12 SU-35, the cost should be around 2 billion $ and invest more in the JF-17 like I said in the previous post; those technologies won't take that many years to implement, since most of them will be off the shelve..
I think people will be surprized how fast the J-31 will show up on the market, Chinese officials said around 2019..
YES ... our planes are useless.. while PAF with uber efficient Pilots are better even without Aircraft . u juist nailed it.

sarcasm level : DEFCON 1... !!!
there was no sarcasm.

U forgot su35 & f15s....rafale will avoid these to fighters in air combat.

On what basis u r telling that j20 is a jock?
I will tell you it is NOT a joke . J-20 managed a safe flight so its airworthy.

rest you decide yourself because this thread is is about Rafale

5th generation jest are not just about individual plane but about network connectivity which provides an unmatched advantage ..America is unrivalled and unchallenged in this field hacking and cloning alone wont achieve much for China.

there was no sarcasm.

5th generation jest are not just about individual plane but about network connectivity which provides an Asymmetric advantage ..America is unrivalled and unchallenged in this field hacking and cloning alone wont achieve much for China.
1. Rafale is an Apex predator, there is no natural competitor in the region. only Chinese Su-35 comes close, Pakistan is denied high tech access and doesn't have resources. Chinese fifth generation projects are a joke.
2. lower number of Rafales is compensated by its impressive package which cant be matched by its rivals. Eurofighter doesnt deserve a mention its a duplicate with nothing much to offer .. so nothing lost for India.

are u serious !! or is it some new high level game u are playing ?

1. Rafale is an Apex predator, there is no natural competitor in the region. only Chinese Su-35 comes close, Pakistan is denied high tech access and doesn't have resources. Chinese fifth generation projects are a joke.
2. lower number of Rafales is compensated by its impressive package which cant be matched by its rivals. Eurofighter doesnt deserve a mention its a duplicate with nothing much to offer .. so nothing lost for India.

At least 90 more in the pipeline under a new deal. Pakistanis have gone mad and are thus going

images

Appologises to disagree

• India has the expertise and experience to operate multiple / expensive platforms so no problem there
  • Tejas and Rafale will not compete each other but complement each other.
  • India has the resources to bear the costs.
  • the 36 planes will be chosen for high value and complex missions whereas Tejas will became the work horse
  • mere 36 planes don't break the make in India dream. it will live on.
  • Rafale is the Grand daddy of French Mirage 2000 legend and is the height of French aeronautic expertise.
  • Rafale is an Apex predator, there is no natural competitor in the region. Pakistan is denied high tech access and doesn't have resources.
  • lower number of Rafales is compensated by its impressive package which cant be matched by its rivals. Eurofighter doesnt deserve a mention its a duplicate with nothing much to offer .. so nothing lost for India.
Apart from the
Chinese fifth generation projects are a joke.
everyone can agree with your points. J-31 could be a very potent platform. PAF might get some of them. Collaborating on TAI TFX is probably the only way PAF can get it's hand on some 5th Gen or 4++ Gen birds. I'm also not counting out Su-35. One never know what can happen in geo-politics.

But, how much are you going to pump into TAI TFX. The projected cost will be upwards of $120B.
If you get Su-35. How many can you get. As I said in a separate post. Will PA undercut it's funding to fund PAF get these expensive jets. Buying is just one thing. Maintenance, spares, keeping the availability will put a huge burden on the exchequer.

IAF:
AMCA
Lot of players are lining up for engine dev with India. But, realistically no one sees the AMCA flying before 2030.

& then there is FGFA too.

You are a joke, spewing bs.

there was no sarcasm.

5th generation jest are not just about individual plane but about network connectivity which provides an unmatched advantage ..America is unrivalled and unchallenged in this field hacking and cloning alone wont achieve much for China.
I am not have anybdata that j20 is super duper,but don't have any supporting data that j20 is dumb too. But let us be logical. Do you think that a military like China,who is having aspirations of defeating uncle Sam,and a.military which counted as among top 5 will simply induct an aircraft just by saying a gen 5 but actually not. I don't think so. J20 may not be a f22 killer ,but by my logic it will be better than any other gen 4 fighters. I may be wrong too...

The first mistake in your OP is writing an article without knowing what you are talking about. These are for the Mig27 replacement, not the Mig21.

You cannot mention a mathematical figure in an opinion and still call it an opinion. When you say something definitive, like X will cost 6 times more than Y, its a fact (false or otherwise) and ceases to be an opinion. Thats the second mistake in your op.

Dont even want to start on the other mistakes in your post. Not becoming of a professional.

Edit: not sure why the quoted posts are not showing up in my posts.

Last edited:
And how long would it take for you to induct the J31? I suppose it will come fully inducted into the PAF?? [emoji58]
Throwing stones from glass houses much??

Back
Top Bottom