What's new

The Indian Rafale: Why Pakistan Should Celebrate! -Opinion (ALL Rafale posts here please)

A) The 36 are needed specifically to provide a completely survivable asset in the ADA scenario. As pointed earlier, regardless of the bravado displayed here by the usual suspects from across the border(and whom I am warning in no uncertain terms that snide remarks will lead to a short shelf life for them) the Sukhoi's are still in a semi-Hangar queen state as far as most well informed sources outside of this forum go.
The tit for tat on the Block-52 could be surmised as a theory but as such it may have been the IAF's tactic to try and sell it to the current class of Indian rulers who may be thrifty businessmen but have little knowledge of the product they are paying for.

B)The life cycle costs for 126 jets could be argued in the Rafale's favour and that too in a 20 year all inclusive ownership program, but for 36 jets it is a different question. Many of the members on our side beat the dead drum of why we bought the block-52 without acknowledging or even giving an iota of honest introspection to the idea of having 30 years operating what is the same family. That means already having spent the tangible and intangible costs of platform logistics training, knowledge development and associated ancillary expenditures.

Try putting that down for a platform like the Rafale which for a laughable comment made by an Indian "senior"(A "title" I abhor on this forum for even a third rate -pardon my french - F"ck is senior by posting nonsense as often as they can, and as many Indians do in their attempt to assuage their egos here) that operating the M2K gives them common ground - Other than the M-53 maintenance, there is nothing common as such between the M2K-5H and the Rafale which will let one Indian Airman stroll from one flightline onto another without rigorous and expensive training.

C) Extrapolate that too in terms of the lesser number. This is NOT a "common" jet like the Block-52 was to Pakistan(and there too was an extensive learning curve because of what all is on the jet beyond what one can read on the DSCA notification)

D) I'd disagree; the Indian pilots have zero interest in the Tejas anyway. Not in its current form where it is handicapped by its flight envelope restrictions and Frankenstein supply chain and maintenance. As sweet looking and theoretically good performing as the Tejas is; it is not where the pilots of the IAF would like to be except perhaps the poor Mig-21M jockeys who barely make it past AJT.
The Rafale pilots are coming from experienced M2k pilots and maybe some from Mig-29 and Su-30 sqns

E & G) Make in India is happening in some half baked form or the other. As such Ive seen BEL & components being put into PK radio systems(to be reverse engineered later naturally) so one needs to give credit to their private industry as being eager and generally capable.

What I can agree with is that the Rafale deal is giving zip to the Make in India scheme and is essentially the Indian MoD completing a hurried purchase while circumventing their bureaucratic oversight as much as they can; and off course the Uri incident lit the fire in it.

F) perhaps not, since BAE has some stakes in the Gripen which might be bought per my sources within India due to the Tejas ending up more and more a technology-program than a serious light fighter.

H) That is plausible speculation but that is for the Indian CAG to uncover(or not). As such, the way the media and the bureucrats kept a microscope on the deal; it would have to involve a lot of offshore accounts. To add to the discounts that were poured in by the French, I think the there was certainly some money exchanged to move things along as the French were desperate ( the deal itself has a cost to Dassault and they have to recoup those costs as well, we are talking about the investment of preparing a proposal starting with the MRCA , Airshows, Marketing, negotiations, corporate lawyers and so on .. and then all of that expected revenue being whittled away down from $25 bn to just $8)

As an endnote, let it be clear that the Rafale brings with it an ENORMOUS Capability to India which now has the PAF pushing for its 5th Generation program to move a little faster. But as such, it is not the punch that the IAF wanted and only affirms the 2:1 availability and technological edge(after you take away the hangar queens and obsolete jets) that India wanted.

Pilot availability for generating enough sorties is another discussion entirely.

Till laters,

Oscar Hotel

Damn, din know you were in LA.. just left this morning.. forum badgering aside; would have loved to hang out.

Riverside was just an hour drive---.

Riverside was just an hour drive---.
Went as far out as Malibu but then decided to turn north and enjoy the Canyon Roads. Traffic sucks but as is expected of a weekend; still no idea why the 405 is essentially one long stretch of never ending speedbumps which initially had me paranoid of the Cherokee I rented.

Went as far out as Malibu but then decided to turn north and enjoy the Canyon Roads. Traffic sucks but as is expected of a weekend; still no idea why the 405 is essentially one long stretch of never ending speedbumps which initially had me paranoid of the Cherokee I rented.

405 gets busy at the LAX otherwise much better than 5.

Did you drive on 1 on from SFO to LA?

405 gets busy at the LAX otherwise much better than 5.

Did you drive on 1 on from SFO to LA?
Flew Virgin in, had the weekend and while the idea of driving down the PCH was enticing; the cost of renting (triples if you drop the car off at a different location) versus just flying in and then renting from LA was a no no.

We are happy for you Indians, you guys almost died masturbating 13 years to the same topic. now take a short break before you go at it again with a different perspective

I find it laughable Pakistanis are celebrating Rafale deal signing.

1)India order deep upgrades to it's rafales. This not only increased unit cost but capability as well like cross platform weapon systems and Israeli Indian electronic systems.

2)India has a floating requirement for 90 MMRCA excluding this contract. Since only a suicidal notion will make for another aircraft, more may be on the way.

3)To this extent India is negotiating another deal with France over the Rafale for local production. Since unit cost will be higher in India than France due to lack of infrastructure, the first deal will cover up this by setting up maintenance, training and even manufacturing hub with local private consortium.

4)India by 2020 will thus have around 60 Mirages, 272+ Su 30 MKI with some having gone through MLU in Super Sukhoi programme bringing them on par with Su 35S, 69 mig 29 UPG, dozens of jaguars and Mig 27 and last but not the least 16 odd Tejas Mk I. This is excluding Pak Fa and Rafale.

5)Meanwhile Pakistan has some old F 16s and a third rate 4th Generation Fighter called JF 17.

To put it plainly, I see you are going mad with horror and thus find laughter a plausible response to your conundrum.

:coffee:

It is great to see oldies getting along :)
The worst mistake you can make online is to take anything too serious or too personal. Disagreements will exist, sometimes strongly and involve all sorts of words and ideas. But at the core, for the most there is genuine concern about Pakistan and its security. That common goal trumps all.

405 has not changed and won't change---. See you next time you are here.

You too---when you are in L A---let me know.

Flew Virgin in, had the weekend and while the idea of driving down the PCH was enticing; the cost of renting (triples if you drop the car off at a different location) versus just flying in and then renting from LA was a no no.

Did you go to the Miramar Airshow?

So finally India has inked Rafale deal with France...most of Pakistanis were in doubt about that.
Does OP, in any way, represent the official mindset of your airforce or it is just his personal opinion? In case the former is true, it is not a pragmatic approach. I'm no expert about aircraft but I know that Rafale is an excellent fighterjet and as per my limited knowledge Pakistan does not have anything to counter it as of now. The good thing for Pakistan is that there is still 3-4 years before it will be delivered to India so in the meantime Pakistan should also select 4.5 gen aircraft from the market and sign a deal.

Me too...I'm happy to see them along well
The worst mistake you can make online is to take anything too serious or too personal. Disagreements will exist, sometimes strongly and involve all sorts of words and ideas. But at the core, for the most there is genuine concern about Pakistan and its security. That common goal trumps all.
Nice thinking...But I guess it he is genuinely happy. I remember there was a war of between two members on pdf and I really felt sad since I respected both of them, though one of them was really over-emotional and perhaps got banned from the forum..really unfortunate..
Sir can this generous offer be extended to me as well ? :lol:
Just a cup of tea with you will be an honor and learning experience :)

We are happy for you Indians, you guys almost died masturbating 13 years to the same topic. now take a short break before you go at it again with a different perspective

I don't see another way at it. Unless you call your state sanctioned media perspective.

405 has not changed and won't change---. See you next time you are here.

Thank you sir, I have been to long beach quite a few times but never got to spend time in LA..it will be an honor to meet you :) and of course if you plan to visit Atlanta, you're welcome :)

Hello All
IAF is and will get more advance birds till 2025 , there fleet will be advance in all aspects and also way more in numbers.
For me , one of the way for Pakistan (Air power , PAF+PNAW) PAF is some what like this

First and most Important PAF needs to have and need to improve there on Air defence systems , it means they most need to have , short , medium and long rand SAMs and lots of them with point blank defence system (AA guns), all this with power full radars on ground and in air (AWACS).

JF17 , just increase the seize so it can take more advance avionics and some very important other things as internal or built in that will free the pods for weapons and bigger the seize better the pay load and bird can also stay longer in air (long lags ). We can use more composite material too.

F16 , buy as much as we can upgrade them (MLU) and keep trying to buy block 52 if we can have 18 of them it will be great addition .

Mirag 2000 , Yes its better option to replace all old Mirags in PAF , we can but them from middle east (if available) and upgrade them, they will give us 15 years minimum and also we will be able to use huge mirgas ammo that is in our inventory , one more benefit of them , they will keep us close France (if u know what I mean).

4.5++ Gen , now we need them and need them bad , my wish if we can have Typhon and SU-35 in hundreds, but its only a wish .lol
But on a serious note , PAF should need to go for western bird like Typhon , KSA going to have there own production line , we can start from 40 and can have 120+ ,,,, now hatters gona say , they will cost money and no money there , my answer hell yes they will cost us money but that will be no an issue if we start from today it will take 10+ years for 100+ typhon enough time to arrange money .
SU-35 will be great for Naval role , if we want to buy them and they are available then they will be great for PNAW.
5th Gen, only 2 options , J31 and TFX go for both , J31 will be there in 2023 and TFX 2028 (if things work well for both) . our economy will be in great shape in 2030 we can easily have both of them and in good numbers to.

PAF have to act and act fast now , IAF will have 250+ SU-30 with upgrade kit of Su-35 , 100+ Raffel , Tajes , PAK-FA , Mig 29 , M-2000s , and also may be F18 in 2028 or around it , that's hell of a fire power + Tech + Gen + Numbers and +++++++ , so to counter that we need birds and also in good numbers with Tech and Gen ,
This is 21st century You can not bring a Plain down with a stone . I am sorry but that's the fact.

Thank you all

@MastanKhan , @shah1398 , @risingsinga

PAF hasn't put the Pak folks down so far including the recent fiasco. I hope it'll remain so with so many exciting options coming up..

Exactly. Come what way but my pick wud be participation with Turkey in TFX program. TFX might take some time to take to skies but the amount of knowledge and technology it wud bring Home is unimaginable. Other viable option right now is J-31 but before any of TFX or J-31 makes its way in PAF we badly need a heavy,long range multirole fighter and that too atleast 2 squadrons of it.

Back
Top Bottom