What's new

The Health and Fitness Thread

No one likes to be disturbed during bench press excercise...bollywood takes it to a new high

Well its #3 in the 10 commandments of weight training....

Thou shalt not interrupt another in the middle of their reps!

Violate the commandments at your own risk!

@padamchen @I.R.A @jamahir

Kollywood....its madrasi ;)

Cement wall crumbling, wooden cupboards breaking, lifting bodybuilders on a barbell, defeating 20 bodybuilders with a barbell... too much superman for one film.

Well its #3 in the 10 commandments of weight training....

Thou shalt not interrupt another in the middle of their reps!

Violate the commandments at your own risk!

I will never recommend bench presses with full wide grip to anyone. Rotator cuffs need loving and no one in his right sense would want to workout the rotator cuffs.

The history has been written people .......... you can win the national bodybuilding championship with chicken legs. No worries even if the legs carry the most marks.

I will never recommend bench presses with full wide grip to anyone. Rotator cuffs need loving and no one in his right sense would want to workout the rotator cuffs.

The history has been written people .......... you can win the national bodybuilding championship with chicken legs. No worries even if the legs carry the most marks.

Good for me then. Dolas are coming along nicely. Still far away from a typical pro cyclist body. Scrawny upper body, monster legs.

Cheers, Doc

Good for me then. Dolas are coming along nicely. Still far away from a typical pro cyclist body. Scrawny upper body, monster legs.

Cheers, Doc

Legs you can say are 50% of your body and muscles, they don't have to be that massive and heavy, but in shape.

Upper body gives you the handsome smart look. If everything is in its right proportion, even then a thin lean structure can give you a broad look.

Legs you can say are 50% of your body and muscles, they don't have to be that massive and heavy, but in shape.

Upper body gives you the handsome smart look. If everything is in its right proportion, even then a thin lean structure can give you a broad look.

I've been naturally (skeletally) broad since I was a boy. Also I have what in cycling is called a positive Ape index. Which is, my wingspan is like an albatross. 6 cm more than my height. I also have a long torso, and equal legs. High along with my wide shoulders and chest, tends to camouflage my height. Making me look stockier. More compact. Like a boxer.

I'm way past the smart and handsome phase honestly. Its about performance in my chosen sport. Will start racing later this year. The 40-50 class is super competitive. Tons of ex racers añd national/state champs. Same with the very closely fought Masters (50+).

Cheers, Doc

Last edited:
I'm way past the smart and handsome phase honestly. Its about performance in my chosen sport. Will start racing later this year. The 40-50 class is super competitive. Tons of ex racers añd national/state champs. Same with the very closely fought Masters (50+).

Best of luck and effort.

And read your comment again ..... it needs editing.

Honestly I focus on squats and deadlifts....as this is where I gain and strengthen muscle mass the easiest. Legs and core are very important like you said.

Bench press, yes I go for standard grip, nothing too wide. I take care to go easy on all cuffs and joints as much as possible (also why I don't go too deep with squats to go easy on knees).

I don't care about bodybuilding (which you can do just with high reps, low weight most of the time), I'm into strength training.

@Signalian

Honestly I focus on squats and deadlifts....as this is where I gain and strengthen muscle mass the easiest. Legs and core are very important like you said.

Bench press, yes I go for standard grip, nothing too wide. I take care to go easy on all cuffs and joints as much as possible (also why I don't go too deep with squats to go easy on knees).

I don't care about bodybuilding (which you can do just with high reps, low weight most of the time), I'm into strength training.

@Signalian
Narrow Grip in Bench Press for Triceps, elbows folding forwards, the flex in muscles is intense.

Wide Grip in Bench Press for Chest with Bar, straight and incline, rarely decline. Almost same width grip with dumbels for Bench Press, straight and incline, never tried decline.

Most people love chest workouts, I prefer "limb" workouts, Bi/Tri and Legs. I recommend Bench Press as an overall fat loss excercise too.

I prefer strength training with rope, big tyre flipping, bull-horn weight dragging but i am conscious not to lose my gains so when i have strength training in mind I am usually going for a fat loss regimen. Bulking is definitely with weights.

Will start racing later this year. The 40-50 class is super competitive. Tons of ex racers añd national/state champs. Same with the very closely fought Masters (50+).

Cheers, Doc
Cyclist Racing is better than Running racing due to lesser injuries occurring while cycling.

For racing you will need stamina, try HIIT including boxing.

If you want to challenge yourself for stamina, try hitting the bag non-stop with full force for 1 minute, it sounds easy but after 20 seconds your blows start ti break and breathlessness comes up, the hitting intensity in last 15 seconds wouldn't match the powerful hitting intensity of first 15 seconds, when it does then you are the peak of your stamina.

...squats and deadlifts....
I use the hex bar for both. For hex bar squat, I stand upon a step stool to get maximum travel. Have not done straight bar squats and deadlifts for yrs.

Last edited:
back in the days when i started off with weights i would do it all wrong then one day i came across his videos....been following his guidelines for few months now and i can feel the difference....chest gets more sore now, no pain in rotator cuffs or shoulder......

Narrow Grip in Bench Press for Triceps, elbows folding forwards, the flex in muscles is intense.

Wide Grip in Bench Press for Chest with Bar, straight and incline, rarely decline. Almost same width grip with dumbels for Bench Press, straight and incline, never tried decline.

Most people love chest workouts, I prefer "limb" workouts, Bi/Tri and Legs. I recommend Bench Press as an overall fat loss excercise too.

I prefer strength training with rope, big tyre flipping, bull-horn weight dragging but i am conscious not to lose my gains so when i have strength training in mind I am usually going for a fat loss regimen. Bulking is definitely with weights.

Cyclist Racing is better than Running racing due to lesser injuries occurring while cycling.

For racing you will need stamina, try HIIT including boxing.

If you want to challenge yourself for stamina, try hitting the bag non-stop with full force for 1 minute, it sounds easy but after 20 seconds your blows start ti break and breathlessness comes up, the hitting intensity in last 15 seconds wouldn't match the powerful hitting intensity of first 15 seconds, when it does then you are the peak of your stamina.

back in the days when i started off with weights i would do it all wrong then one day i came across his videos....been following his guidelines for few months now and i can feel the difference....chest gets more sore now, no pain in rotator cuffs or shoulder......

I do watch Athlean X and listen to his recommendations and techniques but I don't always follow him (I for the very first time learnt about reverse grip bench press from this guy). With the chest, personally I have felt more pump using flat bench press machine (both straight and incline) and seated press machine plus those cable flyes. Pec deck is fine to be included on and off. However super sets or drop sets also help.

Back
Top Bottom