What's new

The Health and Fitness Thread

Shape Up With Arnold Schwarzenegger (1982)

What a wimp this "guy" is with all the fancy girly gym stuff!

Now heeeeres how a proper man really does it:

Just need the wheel of pain 24/7 growing up and you turn into a pure testosterone-oiled titan! (and i assume not too late to start if yer already a grown *** man now). Get with the program people! Sheesh!

@padamchen @I.R.A @Mage @Tokhme khar @Hell hound @PakSword @Joe Shearer @Hamartia Antidote @VCheng @OsmanAli98 @RabzonKhan @Vibrio @Vergennes @Rafael @waz @The Sandman

Just need the wheel of pain 24/7 growing up and you turn into a pure testosterone-oiled titan! (and i assume not too late to start if yer already a grown *** man now). Get with the program people! Sheesh!

@padamchen @I.R.A @Mage @Tokhme khar @Hell hound @PakSword @Joe Shearer @Hamartia Antidote @VCheng @OsmanAli98 @RabzonKhan @Vibrio @Vergennes @Rafael @waz @The Sandman
come on bro don't stop tagging him just yet here you go @django

Lol

On a Sunday morning too. With a strong coffee and India v Australia.

Is there any way I can bookmark this video for later?

Just for legs n core.

Cheers, Doc

Lol

On a Sunday morning too. With a strong coffee and India v Australia.

Is there any way I can bookmark this video for later?

Just for legs n core.

Cheers, Doc

if you have a YT account, can always add to favourites/watch later etc... or just copy paste the link to a file somewhere etc :P

Have you not watched that movie mr. Parsi? Trust me you will love it...as you think of the possibilities of your own community predicament/situation you are always whining about.

im not a body builder, but i go to gym regularly-- ive 100+ ebooks on the subject if any one is interested i'll give you the download link

a person like me , only does compound [multijoint]excercises cuz it involves more muscles in the same excercise -- more weight can be lifted- thus more workout , more proportional development aswell as fat burning

i dont do isolation excercises , however if i reach platue in mucle gains, i change /add some of these excercises

i go for -- 1 scoop 100%whey protien by optimun post workout-- it reduces muscle soarness , but also helps in fat burning as it doesnt have sugar --

if you are skinny , you can add 2 spoons of glucose in it aswell-less costly alternative to masstech , just take a multivitamin tab alongwith it----

a body doesnt use more that 25 gm protien at a given time-- so use 25gm once pre , then, post workout -- if you like

egg/casien protien powders are slow in absorbtion as compared to very fast whey protien [both are in milk/cheese] -- body builders take it before sleeping to help muscle development at night

alternate desi protien shake that i use , sometimes at night, when im really soar
2 bananas , 1cup mik, 2 raw eggs, 2 tbs peanut butter , ice= blender=30+ gm protien

women have estrogen, so they wont make bulky muscles

the weight you use should should be high enough , to cause max fatigue on 7th rep-- try to go till 10-- incase of legs, try to go till 15-20 reps

dont forget legs-- if you want fat burning, you can lift max wights on legs, as they are the biggest muscles of the body

dont take workout over 50 minutes-- cortisol stress harmone is released, which will convert most of your sebsequent food into fat cells

never take an individual rep above 20 seconds as lactic acid and anerobic glycolysis starts

plz tell me that what weight should be of the girl like me (age 14)

plz tell me that what weight should be of the girl like me (age 14)
Bitya...
U have asked a straight forward question but i would take the liberty of giving you a slightly detailed answer.
Firstly
Its not ur age to think about the weight too much. Granted u need to be cautious of it but dont take it seriously or upon u.
Secondly
if u want to remain healthy then just stop taking cold drinks, say no to energy drinks and white sugar and decrease bakery items to minimum possible (cakes, pastries, cookies, chocolates, juices).
Thirdly
Increase the fiber content in ur diet by
- daily consuming fruits
- using brown / bran / mixed grain bread and not the white one
- switching chappati from white / refined flour to whole wheat flour.
- lentils and vegetables are ur best friends
- eating salad / fruit chat / healthy options for munching or cravinv between meals
Moreover do not consume meat more than 3 or 4 times a week (at max).
Fourthly
Do not skip breakfast (has proven to leed to obesity)
and lastly
do not sleep or lie down for 2 hrs after food.
Do the above.. Even 70% and u will never be fat. Ever
Now for optimal weight..
We use something called Body Mass Index or BMI, calculting which basically needs ur height and weight only and the interpretation of results in different scenarios needs ur age and sex too.
Read up the basics and formula around it and its association with optimal body weight or obesity but try searching an authentic web site. WHO website, mayo clinic usa or even world obesity council is a good starting point. I must caution u here, whatever u read is wrong unless approved by WHO or a claim is backed by WHO or leading agencies. A single or a group of studies is not bound to be correct. So do not fall for conspiracy theories or weird associations.
Cheers

watch at 0:50 till end. She fell down on her face in 2nd last lap and then arrived 1st and won.
@Mentee This ones for you Mate !

@I.R.A bhai...I need ur help to figure out a workout routine. One of my friend's wedding is coming up...and I wanna get back in shape. I haven't worked out in years...since my college days. I've been busy working but now I'm gonna try to make time to get back in shape.

I am sorry I was away for two days. And I don't know why but I don't get your tag notification, I picked this by chance by going thru that thread.

What are we looking at? Height, weight, age, medical fitness (BP, heart etc etc)? What is our eating style? And what we wish to achieve (targets)? How much time we can spare? What routine would you like more ..... cardio based? or weight lifting based?

I hope this is not too much personal information to share.

I am sorry I was away for two days. And I don't know why but I don't get your tag notification, I picked this by chance by going thru that thread.

What are we looking at? Height, weight, age, medical fitness (BP, heart etc etc)? What is our eating style? And what we wish to achieve (targets)? How much time we can spare? What routine would you like more ..... cardio based? or weight lifting based?

I hope this is not too much personal information to share.
I don't mind sharing this info with u...but not here. I tend to keep my privacy on here. Is there an email address u can share here?

I don't mind sharing this info with u...but not here. I tend to keep my privacy on here. Is there an email address u can share here?

High intensity interval training (HIIT) suits in your case. You are fit enough to train yourself that way. It will keep you engaged, given its nature (challenging and testing) and will bear the results you wish to achieve (even the six packs). The first week of start is bit tricky phase, you need to be honest and dedicated (as you said you need to get into the habit again). What I would suggest is first week, approach it slowly ....the basics ......(you would want to take it to the next level as soon as you are warmed up the very first day, but recovery the next day is hard and people start skipping) ..... I am sure you are already aware the rule number 1.... Always start and end with stretching (any training)..... Warm up ..... and now approach the treadmill (3 days in a week only) ..... start walking slow (3 minutes), and gradually increase the pace but still you should be walking .... plus once you are into it ... hit the incline button to 5.5 ....... for next 13 minutes keep walking, at the end of 13th minute reduce the incline back to being straight ....... increase the pace to jogging or running ......... keep running or jogging for next two minutes ..... now after 2 minutes hit the cool down button (very important) if there is no inbuilt cool down button in the treadmill, then do it manually by gradually reducing you pace so that you are walking last minute at the pace you started at ...... once you have left the treadmill, you must be sweating by now. Take one minute rest (not sitting down, just to stabilise your heartbeat). And Head towards the cross fit area. Now here is where your HIIT starts. To give you a hint (I am sure you already know) on how it looks like I will get help from a youtube link

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=HIIT

Plus for the daily motivation it is necessary that you watch at least one fitness video (preferably of a pro fitness guy or a female). It helps.

Edit: If you wish to watch fitness guys on youtube I would suggest

• Mike Thurston
  • Damien Patrick
  • Athlean X (not always)
  • Jeff Nippard
  • Dorancharya Buphender Dhawan

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom