What's new

The Health and Fitness Thread

Then I think I am an endomorph who's between a gynoid and even distribution !

I am short, I've got broad shoulders, I gain weight very...very.....very.....very easily, I've got a fairly strong and realtively bigger lower body and I haven't had a respectable 6 pack even during my low fat diet and heavy lifting days ! :undecided:

Granted that @DESERT FIGHTER is into manicures, yoga, regular visits to the sauna and the occasional mud mask but something tells me that he isn't a lady so as to fit any of the above ! :undecided:

As a matter of fact im thinking about sauna .. :lol:

The sports complex is barely a mile from my house..

30 min treadmill, divide the basic 7 compound exercises in 2 days= 25 minutes

you will see a clear difference in 2 months granted your caloric deficit from deit is already 500 calories

So true. Even if its just 25-30 minutes of cardio a day, the effects is profound. Its proven that just 30 minutes aerobic work out a day can increase HDL levels, which are cardioprotectors. Aerobic exercise strengthens our bones and this is so important for men (yes!) and women who are under 30 because we have until age 30 to strengthen our bones effectively. Cardio exercises also increases our base metabolic rate , and also is important for digestive health and also circulatory system health.

Running or walking 30 minutes a day truly has a comprehensive effect on our health.

I am 5'8....I'm closer to 90 kgs...I've laid off working out for a while now so I think a slight pot belly is there in the making :( but otherwise I am fit and not fat despite the weight ! :)

But my blood pressure is usually high....as high as 140/90 + due to me being allergic to some foods and my inability to lay-off them 'cause they're so damn tasty ! :undecided:
damn buttsy...

butsy going to babes.. asking , bajee is your waist to hip ratio 0.7 ? its the best ratio for safe delivery -- butsy gets slapped.. repeatedly

:rofl:

damn buttsy...

I know ! :(

But I am not fat....I gained a lot of weight while I was lifting and even though I never came to close to a 6 pack....I looked a little like a short version of Bradley Cooper (without his looks) in the American Sniper - Built like an ox....but no definition !

I know ! :(

But I am not fat....I gained a lot of weight while I was lifting and even though I never came to close to a 6 pack....I looked a little like a short version of Bradley Cooper in the American Sniper - Built like an ox....but no definition !
in pak , people lift weights but think treadmill is only for women

So true. Even if its just 25-30 minutes of cardio a day, the effects is profound. Its proven that just 30 minutes aerobic work out a day can increase HDL levels, which are cardioprotectors. Aerobic exercise strengthens our bones and this is so important for men (yes!) and women who are under 30 because we have until age 30 to strengthen our bones effectively. Cardio exercises also increases our base metabolic rate , and also is important for digestive health and also circulatory system health.

Running or walking 30 minutes a day truly has a comprehensive effect on our health.

Cardio is a waste of time....!

Have you seen Olympic Lifters and Sprinters ? Compare them to those Marathon runners who're soo thin that they'r shorts are barely hanging off their butts ! :tsk:

I am 5'8....I'm closer to 90 kgs...I've laid off working out for a while now so I think a slight pot belly is there in the making :( but otherwise I am fit and not fat despite the weight ! :)

But my blood pressure is usually high....as high as 140/90 + due to me being allergic to some foods and my inability to lay-off them 'cause they're so damn tasty ! :undecided:

Bro,

Have you asked your GP to give you some ACE-inhibitors to just lower the blood pressure a bit? Its really important to lower the sodium intake, buddy. Trust me, i know. Couple of years back my bp was actually 138/90 --- and that is actually what my nurse practitioner told me "pre-hypertensive". I had to really cut down on my sodium.

Had to do a lifestyle check because i noticed that i was eating and drinking things that were loaded in sodium:

carbonated drinks, canned beans, chips, salsa, etc --- all that stuff --- they're all loaded in sodium.

@Manticore If your aim is to gain muscle, isn't treadmill a negative exercise as it will burn muscle gain through strength exercises

Bro,

Have you asked your GP to give you some ACE-inhibitors to just lower the blood pressure a bit? Its really important to lower the sodium intake, buddy. Trust me, i know. Couple of years back my bp was actually 138/90 --- and that is actually what my nurse practitioner told me "pre-hypertensive". I had to really cut down on my sodium.

Had to do a lifestyle check because i noticed that i was eating and drinking things that were loaded in sodium:

carbonated drinks, canned beans, chips, salsa, etc --- all that stuff --- they're all loaded in sodium.

The Doc said that my excessive consumption of Sodium is the culprit along with my familial allergy to baking soda and certain spices - I consume a lot of meat, a lot of spicy stuff and the salt shaker is my best friend - but I never really developed the discipline to cut down on the Sodium....the food tastes soo bland without it !

Cardio is a waste of time....!

Have you seen Olympic Lifters and Sprinters ? Compare them to those Marathon runners who're soo thin that they'r shorts are barely hanging off their butts ! :tsk:

Bro, its not. Trust me, you know 6 months ago my cholesterol level was pretty high (my poor eating habits) , ever since i did the MFG and the cardio --- my cholesterol level has gone down significantly to the area where it should be.

Even if you just walk 30 mins a day , buddy, its good for you.

@Manticore If your aim is to gain muscle, isn't treadmill a negative exercise as it will burn muscle gain through strength exercises
if you are lifting heavy compound exercises... then your body needs the muscle for your normal activity-- also this is where protein powders are helpful

you might see a muscle glycogen loss and feel as if you lost muscle protein

The Doc said that my excessive consumption of Sodium is the culprit along with my familial allergy to baking soda and certain spices - I consume a lot of meat, a lot of spicy stuff and the salt shaker is my best friend - but I never really developed the discipline to cut down on the Sodium....the food tastes soo bland without it !

Bro i know i know...i used to (in my bad, younger days) to eat lemon with salt. I would peel lemon , then dip each lemon piece on salt and eat it. And the left over salt that was slobbered in lemon juice...you know what i would do with that? I would literally lick the plate clean. YEA...bad. LOL!

That was my favorite 'snack'. And well, my sodium level went up. That's why i was pre-hypertensive...

@Armstrong im getting shit scared man... diabetes run in my family.
Endomorph-Mesomorph-Eectomorph.jpg

Very true sir. Nowadays the risk of gestational diabetes is all to real and its not just the mother who is at risk for DM, but also the child who will be affected because of it.

im stuck between meso and endo.. :lol:

Bro, its not. Trust me, you know 6 months ago my cholesterol level was pretty high (my poor eating habits) , ever since i did the MFG and the cardio --- my cholesterol level has gone down significantly to the area where it should be.

Even if you just walk 30 mins a day , buddy, its good for you.

Ni its because you do isolation exercises at the gym - They are not only wasteful...they're actually harmful !

I'd bet dollars to donuts that you're abs would start showing by the time you complete your Smolov's Squat Routine without a single moment of cardio in between !

Ni its because you do isolation exercises at the gym - They are not only wasteful...they're actually harmful !

I'd bet dollars to donuts that you're abs would start showing by the time you complete your Smolov's Squat Routine without a single moment of cardio in between !
I actually started having knee pain by doing leg curls/extensions

Back
Top Bottom