What's new

The Health and Fitness Thread

*** The 7 Dangerous Acts after meal ***

DON'T ACT THE 7 ACTIONS BELOW AFTER YOU HAVE A MEAL.

✔ Don’t smoke —- Experiments from experts proves that smoking a cigarette after meal is comparable to smoking 10 cigarettes (chances of cancer is higher)

✔ Don’t eat fruits immediately — Immediately eating fruits after meals will cause stomach to be bloated with air. Thre fore take fruits 1 -2 hours after meal or 1 hour before meal.

✔ Don’t drink tea—— Because tea leaves contain a high content of acid. This substance will cause the protein content in the food we consume to be hundred thus difficult to digest.

✔ Don’t loosen your belt———- Loosening the belt after meal will easily cause the intestine to be twisted and blocked.

✔ Don’t bathe———- ——- Bathing after meal will cause the increase of blood flow to the hands, legs and body thus the amount of blood around the stomach will therefore decrease, this will weaken the digestive system in our stomach.

✔ Don't walk about ------------Fact, it is bad for you! Walking directly after meals is a bad idea, it can result to acid reflux and indigestion. However, walking about half an hour after meals is known to be good for you. Researchers in the Department of Exercise Science at the University of South Carolina, have found that walking after exercise is a good way to burn energy.
The point to note is when to walk, you should ideally walk for about 10 minutes and only 20-30 minutes after meal to prevent acid reflux and stomach upsets.

✔ Don’t sleep immediately—- ——– The food we intake will not be to digest properly. Thus will lead to gastric and infection in our intestine.

@kbd-raaf

You seem to be a bodybuilding expert ^^ Can you help?

I want to gain some mass now (for the 2end time) and got myself a pair of dumbbells (up to 20kg each) and a barbell (40 kg)... I also have places for pull ups and incline sit ups.

I am fit person ( I run 10 k daily) and decently strong (around 45 proper push ups an 20 pull ups), but I am actually pretty low weight.

Can you suggest a workout with these items ? And would 3 days in a week be enough?

@kbd-raaf

I want to gain some mass now (for the 2end time) and got myself a pair of dumbbells (up to 20kg each) and a barbell (40 kg)... I also have places for pull ups and incline sit ups.

I am fit person ( I run 10 k daily) and decently strong (around 45 proper push ups an 20 pull ups), but I am actually pretty low weight.

Can you suggest a workout with these items ? And would 3 days in a week be enough?

I'm not :P But I'll try.

Do you have some sort of weight that you can tie around your ankles? If you do you should run with them, it'll make your legs a LOT stronger.

The most important part of mass gain is eating a LOT. Eat everything, don't bother being healthy, eat everything and drink water. (Not soft drinks if you can avoid it).

Gaining mass is 40% eating, 40% lifting and 20% sleep/lifestyle.

Split up your week, do one section of the body, each day with a break in between.

These are combinations I do.

Biceps and back.
Do drop sets of bicep curls, 8 reps, moving from the highest weight you can do 8 reps to the lowest (not too light though).

Hammer curls with the same ^.

Preacher curls if you have a setup that will allow it. Pretty much the same with the drop sets.

Chest and triceps

Bench press your 40kg barbell. Start from the heaviest you can do 8 reps with. 8 reps x 3 sets should be okay.

I don't know what this is called but; kneel on a bench with one of your arms holding the dumbbell. Move your arm back. This is workout for your tris will KILL.

Legs

Squats 8rx3s

Shoulders

Flys with your dumbells 8x3 again.

Shoulder presses 8x3.

I'm sorry it's not very coherent but I'm quite tired, but I'm sure you get the gist of it.

I'm not :P But I'll try.

Do you have some sort of weight that you can tie around your ankles? If you do you should run with them, it'll make your legs a LOT stronger.

The most important part of mass gain is eating a LOT. Eat everything, don't bother being healthy, eat everything and drink water. (Not soft drinks if you can avoid it).

Gaining mass is 40% eating, 40% lifting and 20% sleep/lifestyle.

Split up your week, do one section of the body, each day with a break in between.

These are combinations I do.

Biceps and back.
Do drop sets of bicep curls, 8 reps, moving from the highest weight you can do 8 reps to the lowest (not too light though).

Hammer curls with the same ^.

Preacher curls if you have a setup that will allow it. Pretty much the same with the drop sets.

Chest and triceps

Bench press your 40kg barbell. Start from the heaviest you can do 8 reps with. 8 reps x 3 sets should be okay.

I don't know what this is called but; kneel on a bench with one of your arms holding the dumbbell. Move your arm back. This is workout for your tris will KILL.

Legs

Squats 8rx3s

Shoulders

Flys with your dumbells 8x3 again.

Shoulder presses 8x3.

I'm sorry it's not very coherent but I'm quite tired, but I'm sure you get the gist of it.

Okay thanks a lot :tup:

Workout looks good... I will try to incorporate something for my abs as well.

About nutrition: Isnt eating everything gonna make me fat as well? And how important is it to take in more than 100 gr of protein per day?

Okay thanks a lot :tup:

Workout looks good... I will try to incorporate something for my abs as well.

About nutrition: Isnt eating everything gonna make me fat as well? And how important is it to take in more than 100 gr of protein per day?

Not if you gym regularly and run 10ks. :)

Have as much protein as possible

Not if you gym regularly and run 10ks. :)

Have as much protein as possible

@Koovie what Kbd-Raaf is saying is sort of spot on.

You need to have a high protein intake.

I was able to gain mass this way. But I was actually blessed with Mass to begin with.

@Koovie what Kbd-Raaf is saying is sort of spot on.

You need to have a high protein intake.

I was able to gain mass this way. But I was actually blessed with Mass to begin with.

OK, I am trying to take in at least 100gr per day by now

u ru
@kbd-raaf

U run daily for 10 Km ??

Also u take 100 gms of protein per day ? May i knw which protein u taking & also if ur taking 100 gms of protein u must be nothing less than 75 kgs,,

Last edited:
u ru

U run daily for 10 Km ??

Also u take 100 gms of protein per day ? May i knw which protein u taking & also if ur taking 100 gms of protein u must be nothing less than 75 kgs,,

Not everyday, sunday is a day of rest for me :)

And I started to take in 100 gr of protein just last week..... its difficult. Meat, fish, eggs, nuts and protein powder as a supplement.

PS: My weight is just 65 kg and my height is 1.80 m... so I am quite a low weight :P

And I started to take in 100 gr of protein just last week..... its difficult. Meat, fish, eggs, nuts and protein powder as a supplement.

PS: My weight is just 65 kg and my height is 1.80 m... so I am quite a low weight :P

My height is 178 cms and I weigh 88 kgs. :D

1781959_564474516993093_1699627680_n.jpg

I am a bodybuilder,,
I dont know ur regime,,ur body muscle weight etc etc ...1/1.5 gms of protein is consumed for 1 pound of body muscle weight,,,so do the math,,
If possible do lot of study ,,& Happy workout.

Back
Top Bottom