What's new

The growing community of Pakistani Texans

Pakistanis and Bangladeshis are dispersed in major cities in California, there is no 'Ghetto'.

Since I live in Southern California, I have no idea about Northern California (silicon valley or otherwise).

In Southern California, I'd guess more Bangladeshis (lower income folks) live near downtown and Koreatown in LA. The area is now officially called "little Bangladesh", akin to Bricklane in the London area. Lots of Bangladeshi Halal restaurants and grocery stores but a bit unkempt and filthy, as it is full of immigrants.

iu

The more well-heeled educated Pakistanis and Bangladeshis actually live closer to the city of Cerritos in LA area, which is a nice suburban location, where many Indian families also live. They have a high concentration of mosques in that area, many supported by Pakistani and Bangladeshi folks as congregation points. Property prices are sky high though.

Other loose concentrations of Pakistanis and Bangladeshis are in the City of Garden Grove and way out east in the City of Corona. Corona property prices may be similar to or a bit higher than Dallas.

In NYC, Jackson Heights used to be a Pakistani place now its full of Bangladeshi people. Kebab King, the owners are Pakistani, but the workers and cooks are all Bangladeshi.

Texas has a lot of people in the medical field, there's a growing number of medical professionals also in Florida. Atlanta there's also a sizeable bunch.

You can thank Gavin Newsome and democrats for that!

I went to Chicago summer 2011, haven't been back there ever since. I remember there was this place called Devon Street and it had a lot of Pakistani and Hyderabadi restaurants.

Surprised you remember Devon Street after 10 years. Used to live approx 10 miles away from there 22 years back before I moved to the suburb area. You’d be surprised it still looks the same as desi’s don’t spend any money renovating their places etc. There’s now like 50/50 between Pakistani and Indian businesses, the gold shops are taken over by Indians sadly can barely find any good Pakistani destined jewelry these days.

Last edited:
In NYC, Jackson Heights used to be a Pakistani place now its full of Bangladeshi people. Kebab King, the owners are Pakistani, but the workers and cooks are all Bangladeshi.
Pakistanis are leaving urban areas on mass while for some reason Bangladeshi immigration has picked up

This phenomenon is taking place in a lot of restruants throughout the state

Btw ever had Kebab king biryani from back in the day?
All I am saying is it's way too spicy, will give someone ulcer

I know brother. the saree shops used to be owned by Sikhs, now they are all Bangladeshi-owned. Ditto with the large groceries in that area.

They made the place a little Bangladesh of sorts, selling Quran, Islamic books and Tabeej items by the streetside Bangladesh style and paying off the NYC cops when they come around. :lol:
Pakistanis are leaving urban areas on mass while for some reason Bangladeshi immigration has picked up

The type of Bangladeshis arriving and taking ownership of these spots are not the professional educated bunch like the PDF posters here.

Most of these folks are not educated, however they are very enterprising. Usually coming in on diversity Visa.

Or expensive. A house similar to mines in Texas, I would be paying around 15K in taxes instead of the approx 25K at the moment. This is one of the biggest reason people are fleeing Illinois. You can’t retire in this state.

I think its the same with all democrat run states. Just pure and utter waste of money. I'm from Florida and there's been a mass exodus of people from the Northeast because of how bad the taxes and prices are. Problem is that it creates a reverse effect where now prices in Florida are gonna increase due to the mass influx of newcomers.

I know brother. the saree shops used to be owned by Sikhs, now they are all Bangladeshi-owned. Ditto with the large groceries in that area.

They made the place a little Bangladesh of sorts, selling Quran, Islamic books and Tabeej items by the streetside Bangladesh style and paying off the NYC cops when they come around. :lol:

The type of Bangladeshis arriving and taking ownership of these spots are not the professional educated bunch like the PDF posters here.

Most of these folks are not educated, however they are very enterprising. Usually coming in on diversity Visa.
Good, only uneducated people should leave the country while educated people should stay behind and work on thier country or at the very least get experienced in foreign countries and than come back and help

Only Indians take pride in Thier educated diaspora...
Pakistanis on average are doing better than rest of the country in NA, thankfully we don't gloat about it

As it's an embarrassment if you think about it

People who should be helping Pakistan are in a foreign country providing thier services to a foreign country

How's this good for people back home?

Surprised you remember Devon Street after 10 years. Used to live approx 10 miles away from there 22 years back before I moved to the suburb area. You’d be surprised it still looks the same as desi’s don’t spend any money renovating their places etc. There’s now like 50/50 between Pakistani and Indian businesses, the gold shops are taken over by Indians sadly can barely find any good Pakistani destined jewelry these days.

I don't remember the exact restaurants, but I remember eating mithai. And since it was Chicago we went to the pier and sears tower. Time flies man. I was pretty young around that time.

Its a shame we don't renovate our places. A lot of the big brand names that have been famous for a lot of years haven't improved one bit. However, the newer places that are popping up they are having their ameneties anew.

Get your jewelry/zayvar/zarao from Pakistan. That's what we do.

Yea I saw, they hustle a lot tho. I respect it.

Good, only uneducated people should leave the country while educated people should stay behind and work on thier country or at the very least get experienced in foreign countries and than come back and help

Only Indians take pride in Thier educated diaspora...
Pakistanis on average are doing better than rest of the country in NA, thankfully we don't gloat about it

As it's an embarrassment if you think about it

People who should be helping Pakistan are in a foreign country providing thier services to a foreign country

How's this good for people back home?

Agree 100%, brain drain is bad all around.

But it happens when educated middle (and upper middle) class finds it difficult to raise their children in a safe environment where rule of law is not present and goondas are in power, making illicit money in a political structure conducive to goonda behavior (even businessmen behaving like Goondas because that is what they originally were).

Educated people need a safe and stable economic environment where they are assured of stable life and stable lawful money-making opportunities.

That does not exist in Bangladesh, don't know about Pakistan.

That's because a lot of us have paisa now. And if you are richer or in the upper middle class range there's no point living in the city with a family because that will eat out your pockets.

I have been going to Kebab King as far as I remember. I remember the advertisement king king kebab king. Their biryani was spicy affffff

Montgomery, Alabama is another big one. A lot of military and former military personnel of Pakistani origins are settled and increasingly settling there.

MONTGOMERY 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
Very odd choice of state to settle in.

There's literally nothing in Alabama except for weird gorey and some kaaley.

I don't remember the exact restaurants, but I remember eating mithai. And since it was Chicago we went to the pier and sears tower. Time flies man. I was pretty young around that time.

Its a shame we don't renovate our places. A lot of the big brand names that have been famous for a lot of years haven't improved one bit. However, the newer places that are popping up they are having their ameneties anew.

Get your jewelry/zayvar/zarao from Pakistan. That's what we do.

Yea I saw, they hustle a lot tho. I respect it.

Yeah the old babus sadly don’t progress. However the younger entrepreneurs take it up a level and make the establishments a little more hospitable.

We get it from Pakistan as much as possible. But due to COVID none at home wants to take the risk.

Agree 100%, brain drain is bad all around.

But it happens when educated middle (and upper middle) class finds it difficult to raise their children in a safe environment where rule of law is not present and goondas are in power, making illicit money in a political structure conducive to goonda behavior (even businessmen behaving like Goondas because that is what they originally were).

Educated people need a safe and stable economic environment where they are assured of stable life and stable lawful money-making opportunities.

That does not exist in Bangladesh, don't know about Pakistan.
depends on where you live in Pakistan some places meet all these criteria's and plus while others not so much
There's a reason why Karachi people left on mass- our state failed them

GOP, establishment should literally kill themselves after watching this video - you made them leave your motherland through your wretched policies

That's because a lot of us have paisa now. And if you are richer or in the upper middle class range there's no point living in the city with a family because that will eat out your pockets.

I have been going to Kebab King as far as I remember. I remember the advertisement king king kebab king. Their biryani was spicy affffff

MONTGOMERY 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀

There's literally nothing in Alabama except for weird gorey and some kaaley.

Most likely retired thieves turning stolen loot into black money before they move to other states. This way they stay low key?

Yeah the old babus sadly don’t progress. However the younger entrepreneurs take it up a level and make the establishments a little more hospitable.

We get it from Pakistan as much as possible. But due to COVID none at home wants to take the risk.

I don't know if you've been in DC but there's this place called Ravi Kabab House and its literally the same thing even after 20-30 years. 0 improvement in infrastructure.

The new fusion restaurants made and ran by younger people are on a whole nother level

Yea true, COVID f'd us all for getting products from Pakistan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom