What's new

The Greatest Generals of World

Well Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) is considered one of the greatest generals who changed the face of world history and much of the todays world politics are strong leagacy of his political far sightness.

Well Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) is considered one of the greatest generals who changed the face of world history and much of the todays world politics are strong leagacy of his political far sightness.

I am of a view that people overlook Prophet Mohammeds (SAW) numerous skills in various fields because of the emphasis on Religious Prophet part as the main tag, perhaps righfully so.

If you were to look at all the other accomplishments, the achievements are overbearing to say the least.

I am of a view that people overlook Prophet Mohammeds (SAW) numerous skills in various fields because of the emphasis on Religious Prophet part as the main tag, perhaps righfully so.

If you were to look at all the other accomplishments, the achievements are overbearing to say the least.

Unfortunately, all the books where they over look his (saw) aspect other than religion get banned by our lunatic mullahs who deem them disrespectful. And even in our offical curicula, we are taught like a parrot "humare piyre nabi bought islam to us" without paying any attention to his social, political and millitary achievements. We have choosen to remain ignorant by choice and obsfucate our own history by streching "scenic" commentries of jihad for the sake of spreading Islam without digging the actual motivies and strategy behind them :pakistan:

In our lifetime the best general that i and we have ever seen now is general Zia-ul-Haq..Reasons..
Division of USSR worlds super power and made this world Unipolar....
His strategies as a general is tremendous if he survived more then definitely he will conquer some more like may be Kashmir(this is Not a troll plz)..

This statement is truly mind boggling. You must be a great admirer of the worst calamity that happened to Pakistan.

Just read “Bhutto, Zia & me” by Lt Gen Chisti. Zia fought two wars (1965 & 1971) and did not do any thing worth mentioning in either even though he was a colonel in 1971 and you think he could conquer Kashmir! This is what imagination truly is.

Zia's claim to fame was when as an advisor to King Hussein of Jordan; he lured Palestinian fighters (a vast majority of these were Muslims) outside of Amman and massacred them with tanks. You are welcome to clap your heart out and jump with joy.

Afghanistan war won by the dogged determination of the Afghan Mujahideen supplied with US funds and arms from the West.

Zia was neither involved in fighting, nor directed the fighting. All liaisons with the fighters were thru ISI and there were US advisors for training the mujahideen fighters. You call this generalship? According to your logic Hamid Gul should be the best general, at least he was present on the field.

This thread is about the best generals of the WORLD. Alexander was such a great general that he is referred to in our holy book as “Sikander Dhulqarnain”. Dhul Qarnain is reference to the doubled horned helmet supposedly worn by Alexander.

Generalship is recognized thru actual exploits of war and victory on the battle field. To this day Alexander is recognized as one of the all time greats. You really think your favorite Zia was equal to Alexander?

Nature is very cruel and doesn’t take into account piety or religion when it comes to actual fighting else Khalid Walid (RA) would not have been able to defeat Muslim forces in the battle of Uhud or millions of devout Muslims killed off by pagan Mongol hordes led by Chengiz in the late 12th Century.

IMO opinion only one Muslim general can be compared with the best in world. This is Khalid bin Walled (RA) who defeated the Ghassanid Christains at Mu’tah;Sasanian general Hormuz at battle of the Chains near Basra and the Romans at the classic battle of Yarmuk. You count the bigot Zia as great?

Finally, this thread is not about great Muslim generals but Great Generals of the world. So please do not include the Muslim generals who are your heroes as greats. Only those generals that are recognized by all historinas of the world regardless of the race, creed or religion such as Alexander, Napoleon etc are worthy; Hazrat Khalid bin Walid surely is but certainly not the hypocrite Zia who murdered his biggest benefactor ZAB.

Zia does not even rank as one of the noted Pakistani generals such as Iftikhar Janjua, Akhtar Malik and Tikka Khan. You enumerate as him as one the greats, what a travesty of merit!

Last edited:
chhatrapati_shivaji_idg978.jpg

Shivaji was a religious Hindu, and showed respect toward other religions. He also innovated rules of military engagement of that era. He pioneered "Shiva sutra" or Ganimi Kava (guerrilla tactics), which leveraged strategic factors like demographics, speed, surprise and focused attack to defeat his bigger and more powerful enemies.

Hazrat Khalid Bin Waleed has been dubbed as a "Military Genius" by all historians (read "History of the Arabs" by Philip K. Hitti).

He certainly deserves to be in the Greatest Generals of all time list. But the list has to be topped by Alexander the Great.

The only other muslim general that comes to mind for making it to the list is Salahuddin Ayyubi.

regards,

Hazrat Khalid Bin Waleed has been dubbed as a "Military Genius" by all historians (read "History of the Arabs" by Philip K. Hitti).

regards,

Philip K. Hitti is himself an Arab ( Lebanese). We need independent and neutral references on this regard which do not exist. A General is also measured by the quality of opponents he faces. Religious devotions and raiding caravans do not make one a great General.

I hope they build the big statue in Mumbai of Shivaji like statue of liberty that would be amazing.

Although I love Chhatrapati Shivaji, I disagree with you. I'm sure Shivaji (who was a great philanthropist himself) would have wanted the money spent to help the people.

i know but it would be a national landmark and make me so proud, the reason I want the statue is that the british built the gateway of india it stands for the british empire etc. The new Shivaji statue would stand for a new India and the change from Bombay to Mumbai will finally be complete.

Back
Top Bottom