What's new

The Great Game Changer: Belt and Road Intiative (BRI; OBOR)

No, not really except the US led alliance in Asia . The Chinese work on the dream of building a close military tie with the Russians, with the goal of a military alliance. Now that dream is burst. Do you know why? There's something most Chinese don't understand. It's more than just sharing the same enemies and strategic goals.

It fails because one of the most important ingredients is missing between in the China and Russia relationship: trust.

A military alliance requires a total trust between the parties. If you are brothers in arms, you are sure of full support of your comrade in an event of a confrontation.

Can Russia trust China? No.

Can Japan trust America? Yes.
Can Germany rely on US led NATO if the country is under attack of a hostile enemy? Yes.

Japan knows America will keep the promise to come to help if Japan is attacked by a enemy for instance China. Should in one day Japan and Germany have the feeling that America is reluctant to keep the treaty, the consequences will be dramatic.

Trust is the basis for everything. Any relationship without trust is doomed to fail.

An informal alliance is better as it removes the burden being dedicated to a war specially if we are going to look at what happened to NATO when the War on Terror began back in 2001 although if I my history correctly, NATO was created to counter the Soviet Union and later the Warsaw Pact and was supposed to be dissolved when the Soviet Union collapsed.

I want to add one point: becoming partner of a alliance is more than who has more money. China has more money, so China is better suitable. You can clearly see it by many comments of Chinese members here on PDF. they love to insult Vietnam and her people as banana, monkey, poor, backward, bride exporting country, etc... to cheepen our country and people. one famous example is the clown Raphael.

Some of the crass comments a few of them make are hurtful and does nothing but paint a bad image of China. But we should objectively remember that they do not represent all Chinese people, and Chinese mentality. I know that there are very good , kind Chinese. Thank goodness i actually have a Chinese best friend in my work/study.

In regards to some posters here who have nothing good to do but share hurtful comments, its best to "ignore" them. Works wonders, too.

See you around, my friend.

PS. How's life in Germany for you?

An informal alliance is better as it removes the burden being dedicated to a war specially if we are going to look at what happened to NATO when the War on Terror began back in 2001 although if I my history correctly, NATO was created to counter the Soviet Union and later the Warsaw Pact and was supposed to be dissolved when the Soviet Union collapsed.
No, not true. the NATO never has intention to dissolve itself. Moreover, it is expanding.

the NATO defence was proved as very successful to counter the thread of the Soviet Union. America was fully committed to defend Western Europe including providing nuclear umbrella. the Soviets knew, any nuclear strike on Western hemisphere would result in a nuclear retaliation. So I just wonder about Chinese speculation, that America would sit idle if they attack Japan. I am pretty sure, if China launches nuclear strike on Japan, America will retaliate with nukes. Chinese should not risk to put Chinese civilisation on the poker´s table.

Today countries close to Russia such as Poland and the baltic states rely on NATO.

Some of the crass comments a few of them make are hurtful and does nothing but paint a bad image of China. But we should objectively remember that they do not represent all Chinese people, and Chinese mentality. I know that there are very good , kind Chinese. Thank goodness i actually have a Chinese best friend in my work/study.

In regards to some posters here who have nothing good to do but share hurtful comments, its best to "ignore" them. Works wonders, too.

See you around, my friend.

PS. How's life in Germany for you?
I am ok my friend.

In general I have a favourable view on China and Chinese people. what I dislike is arrogance and aggression.
I have Chinese in the family: an uncle coming from Hainan island, a aunt from Chinatown, a study friend from Shanghai, a beautiful female piano teacher from Taiwan. my wife attends a chinese teaching class.

life in Germany is ok but boring. the weather has rooms for improvement.

Our relationship with Vietnam is simply business because Vietnam willing to buy Russian weapon. Russia can use Vietnam to project it's own power in the Pacific. (Remember we don't have military base in China)
Russia and China are strategic partners not brothers in arm. Russia cooperate with China to deter Yankee hegemony
Hey there Commrade,Since you are a new member you should Introduce yourself in this Section
Members Introduction

No, not really except the US led alliance in Asia . The Chinese work on the dream of building a close military tie with the Russians, with the goal of a military alliance. Now that dream is burst. Do you know why? There's something most Chinese don't understand. It's more than just sharing the same enemies and strategic goals.

It fails because one of the most important ingredients is missing between in the China and Russia relationship: trust.

A military alliance requires a total trust between the parties. If you are brothers in arms, you are sure of full support of your comrade in an event of a confrontation.

Can Germany rely on US led NATO if the country is under attack of a hostile enemy? Yes.

Japan knows America will keep the promise to come to help if Japan is attacked by a enemy for instance China. Should in one day Japan and Germany have the feeling that America is reluctant to keep the treaty, the consequences will be dramatic.

Trust is the basis for everything. Any relationship without trust is doomed to fail.

That's what Told me GF when i found here cheating on me,I am not sure if that works on countries though

"mein Deutsch ist angerostet" :-)

you know what?

I want to add one point: becoming partner of a alliance is more than who has more money. China has more money, so China is better suitable. You can clearly see it by many comments of Chinese members here on PDF. they love to insult Vietnam and her people as banana, monkey, poor, backward, bride exporting country, etc... to cheepen our country and people. one famous example is the clown Raphael.

I have reported you to the mod. moron.

You forgot to Add Low-IQ Subhumans,Seriously what's with the IQ thing

China and Russia shares one strategic interest, that is to counter balance the US. As to local conflicts, either China nor Russia needs or wants the other to get involved. In the South China Sea for example, China doesn't want any other major power to be there, US or Russia.

Japan unconditional surrendered to the US in WW2, US military force still occupied Japan after WW2, Japan barred from having a traditional military force, the country has maintained only a Self Defense Force (SDF), the mission of which has been to protect the Japanese mainland. Even within these limitations, the SDF has performed a paramilitary, logistical role, supporting U.S. troops based in Japan in exchange for promises of protection. Japan just an extension of US empire in East Asia. US military completely call the shot in Japan military doctrine. Japan doesn't trust US but has no other choice because of US totally dominant over Japan military. So your reason for US and Japan military alliance base on trust completely false.

Japan doesn't trust US but has no other choice because of US totally dominant over Japan military.

Absolutely incorrect. We trust the United States than any other partner in the world. The rest of your post reflects your bias , and definitely your affiliation to sino nationalism. Than and the quality of your previous posts leaves one to subjectively analyze your content.

Lol Vietnamese's theory about "trust":rofl:, look how we sold you guys out after Vietnam war simply because we didnt' trust you...you're just a disposible ally :azn: and tell us which nation trust Vietnam nowaday?:lol: you guys are nothing but a laugh stoke.

There is no permanent friends nor enemies only permanent interest: China don't need Russia's trust when both of us are facing the same threat..it become so obvious and natural that it is in our interest to cooperate...this is beyong you Vietnamese to understand.

Absolutely incorrect. We trust the United States than any other partner in the world. The rest of your post reflects your bias , and definitely your affiliation to sino nationalism. Than and the quality of your previous posts leaves one to subjectively analyze your content.

US won't support Japan in a war of aggression against other nation, US will provide protection if Japan under attack because Japan fall under the US military umbrella in East Asia. US and Japan military alliance not base on mutual trust or mutual interest but base on the US military dominant over Japan by the end of WW2. I'm not a Chinese citizen why should I want to promote sino nationalism?

Lol you trust US? :lol: you're such a good political liar, you said that because you need American's backing against China but at the bottom of your heart, you surely know what you want to say after they nuked Japan and ruined Japanese's dream to be the dominant nation in WW2.

US won't support Japan in a war of aggression against other nation, US will provide protection if Japan under attack because Japan fall under the US military umbrella in East Asia. US and Japan military alliance not base on mutual trust or mutual interest but base on the US military dominant over Japan by the end of WW2. I'm not a Chinese citizen why should I want to promote sino nationalism?

And you represent the United States Government, and command the power of perception of United States geopolicy. Or , pardon me, dictate policy. :lol:

Lol you trust US? :lol: you're such a good political liar, you said that because you need American's backing against China but at the bottom of your heart, you surely know what you want to say after they nuked Japan and ruined Japanese's dream to be the dominant nation in WW2.

Liar? Political? Come now, no need to sink to the level of insults , nor resort to prehensile superciliousness.

Would that I remind you that since the end of WWII, geopolicy is rather transparent amongst aligned nations.

Japanese military sucks. They won't last 1 week against the PLA. The US was crushed in the Korean war by China so the US has zero chance to beat China now.

Ru and China are too big to get very close to each other.

not really.

in fact CN and RU are military alliance if you read SCO items carefully and analysing the details & purposes of CN-RU jointed drills on the sea and on the land.

the reason that both sides did not declare the military alliance is that for the time being, it is not necessary and no need to provocation. a treaty of military alliance between CN and RU may limited the diplomatic space, for instance, if CN conflicted with JAP, RU had to involve if there were a military alliance treaty, and CN had to involve if RU conflicted with Ukran. and that is why NATO refused the Georgia and Ukran to take party in.

however, the above does not exclude that there will be some kind of military alliance of CN and RU if the outside threat is too big that CN and RU has to cope with by military alliance.

Back
Top Bottom