What's new

The Great Game Changer: Belt and Road Intiative (BRI; OBOR)

It is now well known among the Chinese military forums that J-31 is losing to J-20 in the PLAN bid for the successor of J-15.

The PLAAF will also purchase J-31, since it will be the replacement for J-10, but PLAN prefers J-20 in term of the offensive capability.

BTW, J-31 will be sold like 50 million per unit, so you guys are not interested?

If PLAAF purchases J-31 then there will be no problem.

At 50 million a unit of course BAF will be interested in procuring
them.

But are you sure it will be this cheap? The level of technology in the J-31
like AESA radars and twin 5th generation engines will not come
cheap. I was guessing it will come to around the 75 million mark with the
J-20 at around 100 milion a unit.

Stop trying to be clever as you are a complete unknown on this forum.

Now get some status before butting into conversations that you have no business getting into.

Actually @Deepika Maheshwari , you are right. This is an entirely spurious conversation, between those who don't have the money to buy, and don't have the background to assess their needs, but try and cut a dash by throwing around names and displaying their familiarity with technology, and those who don't have the authority to sell or even get close to the process, and are busy pursing their lips with judicious faces on the Internet, trying to decide what price is right for their country and its industry.

My suggestion is not to interrupt - you will not get this amusement even from paid shows - but to listen and to take notes. This is a master class on how not to conduct a discussion.

If PLAAF purchases J-31 then there will be no problem.

At 50 million a unit of course BAF will be interested in procuring
them.

But are you sure it will be this cheap? The level of technology in the J-31
like AESA radars and twin 5th generation engines will not come
cheap. I was guessing it will come to around the 75 million mark with the
J-20 at around 100 milion a unit.

It will definitely be cheaper as SAC wants to make a comeback by selling more J-31.

So they will start by making extremely thin profit in hope to push more sale.

It will definitely be cheaper as SAC wants to make a comeback by selling more J-31.

So they will start by making extremely thin profit in hope to push more sale.

With the relative cheapness of the J-31 and China's ability to provide financing options,
I don't see why BAF won't be placing a large order next decade.

With the relative cheapness of the J-31 and China's ability to provide financing options,
I don't see why BAF won't be placing a large order next decade.

Just like the Type 052D, it is much cheaper than we initially thought.

It costs less than 700 million to build, so even China plans to sell it at 1 billion per unit, it is a lot of profit.

So for those friendly countries, China will probably sell the Type 052D with a friendly price of 700-800 million per unit.

Just like the Type 052D, it is much cheaper than we initially thought.

It cost less than 700 million to build, so even China plans to sell it at 1 billion per unit, it is a lot of profit.

So for those friendly countries, China will probably sell the Type 052D with a friendly price of 700-800 million per unit.

I can see BD Navy being interested in procurement of around 4 Type-52D next decade.

I can see BD Navy being interested in procurement of around 4 Type-52D next decade.

The Type 052D is in fact more advanced than the Arleigh Burke Flight IIA, but its full potential has been restricted by its smaller tonnage as a CODOG ship.

Now the COGAG Type 055 will unleash all sophisticatedness of the Type 052D with a further upgrade, but for many countries, the COGAG ship like Type 055 is too expensive to maintain, even Japan and South Korea can only maintain a small number of those inferior COGAG destroyers.

For many countries, the Type 052D is definitely a much more viable option. I think Bangladesh/Pakistan/Iran could opt for this ship.

The Type 052D is in fact more advanced than the Arleigh Burke Flight IIA, but its full potential has been restricted by its smaller tonnage as a CODOG ship.

Now the COGAG Type 055 will unleash all sophisticatedness of the Type 052D with a further upgrade, but for many countries, the COGAG ship like Type 055 is too expensive to maintain, even Japan and South Korea can only maintain a smaller number of those inferior COGAG destroyers.

For many countries, the Type 052D is definitely a much more viable option. I think Bangladesh/Pakistan/Iran could opt for this ship.

I think you are underestimating how powerful the Type-052D can be in actual practice

It has 64 VLS cells in total. Say 32 carry the 200km range HQ-9 SAMS, then 16 cells can quad pack the SD-10
SAM version for a total of 64 50km range missiles. You will then have 16 cells for anti-ship missiles.
What matters for Pakistan and BD is that these ships will outclass the current or planned Indian ships by a significant margin.

I think you are underestimating how powerful the Type-052D can be in actual practice

It has 64 VLS cells in total. Say 32 carry the 200km range HQ-9 SAMS, then 16 cells can quad pack the SD-10
SAM version for a total of 64 50km range missiles. You will then have 16 cells for anti-ship missiles.
What matters for Pakistan and BD is that these ships will outclass the current or planned Indian ships by a significant margin.

Against the USN, the Type 052D lacks a bit of firepower due its smaller tonnage as a CODOG ship.

But against other navies, the Type 052D has sufficient firepower to overwhelm them.

Against the USN, the Type 052D lacks a bit of firepower due its smaller tonnage as a CODOG ship.

But against other navies, the Type 052D has sufficient firepower to overwhelm them.

Other interesting thing about BD is that a single Type-052D destroyer can provide air defence for half of BD due to the country's small size. A destroyer like this can also be used to provide air-defence to major cities like Dhaka and Chittagong simultaneously during war.

Other interesting thing about BD is that a single Type-052D destroyer can provide air defence for half of BD due to the country's small size. A destroyer like this can also be used to provide air-defence to major cities like Dhaka and Chittagong simultaneously during war.

In order to boost China's arm export, China needs to offer more competitive products such as the Type 052D and Type 093B, not only J-31.

The Type 054A and Type 039C are good products, but they face too much competition.

When China wants to sell those strategic leveled weapons is not for making money, but to increase its influence and ties with other nations.

It will be a generation until the U.S. can be matched in conventional airpower.

Don't think China is interested in matching the US in conventional air-power anyways.

As long as China can defend itself and can make sure the US cannot interfere with it's merchant
ships, China will be happy not to have to spend any more money on it's military.

In order to boost China's arm export, China needs to offer more competitive products such as the Type 052D and Type 093B, not only J-31.

The Type 054A and Type 039C are good products, but they face too much competition.

When China wants to sell those strategic leveled weapons is not for making money, but to increase its influence and ties with other nations.

A major issue with the Type-054A and Type-39C is that there is a fair bit of performance
difference between them and Western systems.

China selling the Type-093B? Indians would be crapping their pants as it would likely outclass
anything they have.

If China wants to be taken seriously as a rival to US then it would have to start offering modern systems
to friendly countries.

Don't think China is interested in matching the US in conventional air-power anyways.

As long as China can defend itself and can make sure the US cannot interfere with it's merchant
ships, China will be happy not to have to spend any more money on it's military.

The other issue with the Type-054A and Type-39C is that there is a fair bit of performance
difference between them and Western systems.

China selling the Type-093B? Indians would be crapping their pants as it would likely outclass
anything they have.

If China wants to be taken seriously as a rival to US then it would have to start offering modern systems
to friendly countries.

The Type 093B is the "Type 052D" in China's sub fleet, and China will also produce 12-18 just like the Type 052D.

Apart from Pakistan and Iran, I don't think China has many other customers left for the Type 093B. Maybe Brazil and Argentina, but these two aforementioned countries superstitiously prefer the western weapons anyway.

The Type 093B is the "Type 052D" in China's sub fleet, and China will also produce 12-18 just like the Type 052D.

Apart from Pakistan and Iran, I don't think China has many other customers left for the Type 093B. Maybe Brazil and Argentina, but these aforementioned countries prefer the western weapons anyway.

BD won't be getting Type-093B but Pakistan would be interested if it could afford them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom