What's new

The Great Game Changer: Belt and Road Intiative (BRI; OBOR)

@Oscar , @Hu Songshan , @Horus

Please help to clean up this thread.
The thread mainly focus on trade and export, not war.

.... Perhaps, the rising of China, both economically and militarily, might lead to the birth of this strange relationship between former foes. Indonesia, the de facto leader of ASEAN, has relatively good relationship with the world’s sole power. But now Vietnam is emerging as an important partner of the US in the region, outperforming the US traditional allies the Philippines and Thailand.

Vietnam says economic and geopolitical interests are the main reasons behind its rapidly growing relations with the US while the US considers Vietnam as a strategic partner and a possible bulwark against China under its so-called pivot or rebalancing toward Asia.
“Economic trade ties continue to stay at the heart of bilateral relations, serving both as the cornerstone of, and an engine for the overall relationship,” Vietnamese President Truong Tan Sang said during his historic visit to Washington in 2013.

Indonesia’s relations with the US are much older than Vietnam’s. But why the US now favors Vietnam more than Indonesia, especially in areas like trade, investment, defense, security and even in the field of nuclear science. Big powers always put Indonesia in a different category in the game of diplomacy and geopolitics, thanks to the archipelagic nation’s “free and active foreign policy” and its big size..

Lol.. This words are for vietnam and not for China. As if allies will fight for vietnam? Did you take some high end cocaine this morning?

And as if vietnam is invincible without losing a soldier and many PLA will killed fighting vietnam?

Let me ask you one simple question? How many AWACS u have now?

More or less show the huge different between China and vietn military...

I think nationalism without strength is useless is really applicable on you.

You still haven't answer my question. It seems you don't know the answer. You're just an insensitive troll for your people's lives and others.

You still haven't answer my question. It seems you don't know the answer. You're just a troll.
Answer what question? As if the ASEAN , Japan or US will send warship if vietnam and China fight a war?

If Vietnam and China fight a war, as if Vietnam has a edge over China especially spratly Island war?

Remember south Johnson reef skirmish in 1988? How many vietnamese soldier killed?

Can't win debate claim other troll? It will only say by vietnamese :lol:

Answer what question? As if the ASEAN , Japan or US will send warship if vietnam and China fight a war?

If Vietnam and China fight a war, as if Vietnam has a edge especially spratly Island war

So you're saying there will be no war? just all talk. In conclusion, you're just a paper tiger with no real impact.

So you're saying there will be no war? just all talk. In conclusion, you're just a paper tiger with no real impact.
The one no guts to fight China is vietnam. We are all happy if Vietnam going to start first. It will be a good excuse to teach vietnam a lessons. Want to check out our PLAN Inventory, how many warship and submarine we have?

You want to pick a fight and you are bound to lose. You are just an egg while China is a rock.

Then tell me how are you going to win a war against Vietnam and its allies without losing the lives of many of Chinese soldiers? Unless they are scrap.

Which Vietnam allies? as far as i know today, Vietnam only reliable partner is Russia and Russia themselves is in cozy with China

The one no guts to fight China is vietnam. We are all happy if Vietnam going to start first. It will be a good excuse to teach vietnam a lessons. Want to check out our PLAN Inventory, how many warship and submarine we have?

You want to pick a fight and you are bound to lose. You are just an egg while China is a rock.

Then you're not as bold as you said you are. If you're so strong, why don't you start a full invasion? Or are you too scared to become the victim? You're in the same position as Vietnam. Someone else is stronger and bigger than you is watching you too. Vietnam is an egg, you're a rock and someone is a diamond.

Which Vietnam allies? as far as i know today, Vietnam only reliable partner is Russia and Russia themselves is in cozy with China

You Indonesian has no backbone either.

Then you're not as bold as you said you are. If you're so strong, why don't you start a full invasion? Or are you too scared to become the victim? You're in the same position as Vietnam. Someone else is stronger and bigger than you is watching you too. Vietnam is an egg, you're a rock and someone is a diamond.

Simply no guts to pick a fight and now claim others are chicken. When China put a oil rig at paracel island where is vietnamese warship?

Currently China is enlarging all our island in spratly island and what did vietnam do?

Who is the chicken now? I will not laugh at your impotent. :lol:

You Indonesian has no backbone either.

And now you can't reasoning with your own premise and instead with verbal cause attack my country.

As i said which one is Vietnam Ally? Japan? USA? Philippine? neigh, it's not done yet. As Mutual military alliance is not come in a single night like one night stand relationship, they came with mutual interest and mutual respect in which has been tested by numerous chapter story in History. After loosing China support during Sino-Soviet split, indeed Vietnam doesn't have any reliable Allies in region anymore and now you have turn to worst to made enmities against them who have considerable influence over Laos, Cambodia, Thailand and Myanmar, must worse China has considerable Naval and Air presence in your own Sea, in summary Vietnam had been surrounded by China since long.

So which one is your Ally today? Which country you can expected from them to dispatch their military might to help you in your dire need like what US did for Kuwait during Operation Dessert storm or like Taiwan get when the tension between Mainland and ROC got upscaled?

As i said which one is Vietnam Ally? Japan? USA? Philippine? neigh, it's not done yet. As Mutual military alliance is not come in a single night like one night stand relationship, they came with mutual interest and mutual respect in which has been tested by numerous chapter story in History. After loosing China support during Sino-Soviet split, indeed Vietnam doesn't have any reliable Allies in region anymore and now you have turn to worst to made enmities against them who have considerable influence over Laos, Cambodia, Thailand and Myanmar, must worse China has considerable Naval and Air presence in your own Sea, in summary Vietnam had been surrounded by China since long.
So which one is your Ally today? Which country you can expected from them to dispatch their military might to help you in your dire need like what US did for Kuwait during Operation Dessert storm or like Taiwan get when the tension between Mainland and ROC got upscaled?

Vietnam no longer depends on that doctrine, Ms. madokafc !!!

Vietnam no longer depends on that doctrine, Ms. madokafc !!!

It's not doctrine, and no country wanna to depend their security in the shoulder of other actor. I just asking your friend which one is Vietnam ally, you should read his statement first

It's not doctrine, and no country wanna to depend their security in the shoulder of other actor. I just asking your friend which one is Vietnam ally, you should read his statement first

personal idea, feel free to discuss.
Let spend few minutes look back Vietnam War.

It's North Vietnam soldiers ( lately the winner ) who fight against South Vietnam and US soldiers ( SVN ally ).
not any Soviet or Chinese soldiers ( as in Korean war ) did that

It's North Vietnam pilots who fly Mig-17, Mig-21 engaged in air combats to American pilots in B-52, F4 Phantom, F-105, ... not Chinese or Soviet pilots ( as in Korean war ) did that.

--------------
Nowaday, Vietnam is adopting 3 Nos : No military alliance ; No foreign military bases in Vietnam ; and No come along with a nation to confront against another nation.

That's why I can't confirm to you, who is the military ally of Vietnam ( officially, No ally )

Last edited:

We all have to be careful with what we wish for, especially related to war. Little posturing here and there is okay, but don't push your luck for winning the war. In war, even the winner lose. Strive for peace.

And although we have to be ready for the worst, that is war. But don't wish for war.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom