What's new

The Great Game Changer: Belt and Road Intiative (BRI; OBOR)

LOL... it's not new for Sino-Russia barter trade, we had done it since 1990 USSR collaping. Even 1990s early Su-27sk fighters deal from Russia exchanged with Chinese goods. China also bought some USSR weapon techs.

The 117S is not our cup of tea, now we have the WS-15.

As for the boomer, no matter China is more advanced or less advanced than Russia in this domain, they will not give it to us, because the critical information could get leaked.

The one to India is not their newest SSN.

And the type of SSN that could get China's attention right now can only be the Yasen class, but it is definitely impossible.

Now it was different from the 2008-2009 situation, Russia will not only face the situation with the oil price falls below $40 per barrel, but also to face the multiple western sanctions.

So the overall situation is much worse, but I am also pretty sure that Russia will still manage to survive.

Also, China will help them to recover fast.

As I said, China economy is going down that let to weaker oil deman. U cant even help urself, so let forget abt help to Russia.
Oil Futures Weighed by Demand Worries
DAN STRUMPF
CONNECT
Updated May 13, 2013 3:36 p.m. ET
NEW YORK--Oil futures settled lower for the third straight session, weighed by concerns over weakening demand in China and robust global production.

Futures headed lower after data released Monday showed Chinese industrial output in April came in at 9.3% above last year's level--an improvement over a tepid March reading but under the 9.5% forecast by analysts surveyed by The Wall Street Journal.

The report was the latest underscoring slowing economic growth in China, which in turn has left the oil market worried demand for crude-oil is slowing there, too. China is the world's fastest-growing large economy and the boom has fueled a rise in oil prices over the last several years.

Oil Futures Weighed by Demand Worries, OPEC Output - WSJ

Russia overestimated EU’s independence from US – Lavrov to French media
Published time: December 16, 2014 17:03, RT

lavrov.si.jpg

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov.(Reuters / Maxim Zmeyev)

Moscow previously overestimated the independence of the EU from the US, Russian FM Sergey Lavrov told French media. He cited Washington’s recognition that it had forced Brussels to impose sanctions on Russia over the Ukrainian crisis.

France 24: Hello, and welcome to Moscow, welcome to Exclusive. Our guest today is the Russian Foreign Minister, Sergey Lavrov. Mr. Lavrov, thank you for being on the show.

F24: I want to get to the issue of sanctions, Western sanctions that were slapped on Russia. They seem to have an effect: the Russian economy is suffering, the ruble has tumbled to new record lows, there was an emergency meeting last night to raise the interest rates to 17 percent, the oil price is tumbling. It seems Russia is feeling the bite of the sanctions.

SL: Well, of course it hurts, we don’t take any pleasure from sanctions, but it’s not our problem, it’s the problem of the European Union and the United States and other countries.

F24: But it’s a problem for your population.

SL: The population will express itself when elections come. I’m sure the population would know what to do to express what the Russian people feel. I don’t believe it helps Europe. As Joe Biden publicly said, it was the United States which ordered Europe to join sanctions against Russia, and frankly, it’s really a pity that we for some previous years overestimated the independence of the European Union and even big European countries. So, it’s geopolitics. Some people believe that sanctions are a sign of weakness or a sign of irritation, which is not the best quality of a politician, but I can assure you that Russia will not only survive, but will come out stronger out of this. We have been in much worse situations in our history, and every time we were getting out of these fixes much stronger. This will happen this time.

F24: So you’re not afraid that we could see an economic meltdown in Russia?

SL: Never. Economic meltdown could happen to a small country. It can happen even to a big country like Ukraine, and it’s basically almost there. Russia is doing whatever we can to help resolve the crisis in Ukraine – not to please the West, not to ask for sanctions relief, but because we are seriously concerned. Contrary to what the Europeans feel, we are seriously concerned about the future of Ukraine and Ukrainian economy. Actually, speaking of sanctions and, you know, that this is a sign of irritation, not an instrument of serious policies.

The latest portion of sanctions which was voted in the European Union last September was introduced the next day after the Minsk protocol was signed. This is a very interesting logic, you know, to stimulate the political process. So the next morning after the huge achievement was reached, which was praised by everyone, the gentleman, what was his name, Van Rompuy, declared that there was a new portion of sanctions being introduced in Russia. If this is the European choice, if this is what Europe has as a reaction to something positive, then I once again can only say that we hugely overestimated European independence in foreign policy.

F24: Are sanctions, as some people are thinking, a way of trying to create regime change in Russia?

SL: I have very serious reasons to believe that this is the case.

F24: Really?

SL: Yes. Some politicians don’t even hide it.

F24: What about the new bill that passed unanimously in Congress in the US, the Ukraine Freedom Support Act, which would give lethal weapons for the first time to Ukraine, and sanction two of Russia’s foremost companies…?

SL: First, it has to be signed.

F24: You think..

SL: Second, second, if it is signed..

F24: If Obama promulgates it, what…what would..

SL: Once again. First, it has to be signed. Second, if it is signed and enters into force it has to be applied in practice. And we’ll see whether this would be the case, whether this would be signed, and if it is signed, if Obama would be in fact putting some of the provisions into practice, and if he does, then we will assess the situation. But, you know, Congress is a very special group of people, more than 80 percent of them never left the United States, they live in their own world, so I’m not amazed about this Russophobia which is being demonstrated by the Congress at the moment.

F24: If Obama endorses this, would this be for you a kind of a declaration of war against Russia?

SL: If he does, we’ll see. We want to see what Obama does and what will happen, because the bill is not automatic. It provides for some specific things, I believe, to be done automatically, but it also provides for something to be left to the president’s discretion. The things which are automatic, I believe, they relate to the Russian Rosoboronexport company and its foreign partners, but among foreign partners of Rosoboronexport are many Ukrainian military-industrial enterprises, and basically the bill provides for the Americans to find some alternative markets to the Ukrainian arms industry. But I talked to my American colleagues, and they admit that except Russia hardly any other country actually needs Ukrainian military products. So we’ll see how it works.

F24: You’ve said many times that you feel that NATO as an organization is an enemy for Russia, that it has tried to expand, that it has really nefarious…

SL: I never said this.

F24: No?

SL: No, never.

F24: But it’s the impression we get in the West.

SL: No, no, no. Well, when you have an impression you should ask a question, and then read the documents. The document which is relevant in this case is the military doctrine of the Russian Federation. It never mentions that NATO is an enemy. What it says is that the security risks for Russia, among other things, are NATO expansion to the East and the movement of military infrastructure of NATO closer to the Russian borders – not NATO itself, but its militarized movement to the East is considered by the Russian military doctrine as a security risk and threat for Russia.

F24: Would you consider cutting off ties with NATO if this continues?

SL: We don’t need to do this because NATO did it for us. They have cut practically all ties between the Alliance and Russia, they just kept on hold basically the NATO-Russia Ambassadorial Council, but they severed all practical cooperative mechanisms, including on Afghanistan, including on counter-terrorism, some other specific things – they have frozen everything. But having done so in the context of NATO-Russia projects, they quietly come to us and say, “Well, let’s continue training pilots for the Afghan Air Force, but doing this outside NATO-Russia. In other words, the substance they want to continue, but for the public consumption, they want to say that they are so firm with Russia that they severed all the ties. Childish, but what to do? Sometimes big boys play games.

F24: Speaking of games, there was a contract signed a few years ago with France for Russia to have the Mistral helicopter carriers, Is it suspended?

SL: I have to interrupt you. I don’t make any comments on this issue. This is the matter a) of a signed legal contract, and b) of the dignity of the French nation.

F24: You expect France to fulfill this contract?

SL: I don’t have any more comments.

F24: OK. Sergey Lavrov, thank you very much for answering all our questions.

Guys...

You don't want a partner!

You want someone to loot him up ...

lol, we don't even plan to loot on Russia, so how you think that we wanna loot on you?

We don't want to see you getting looted by the US eventually.

Our new silk road project is a win-win game for all the participants, and what make you think this is attempting to loot on you?

Since you shouldn't see China as another USA, and our ancestors had a good relationship in the past, so there is no reason for you to doubt about us.

We are completely alone...
Fire some useless officials or put them in jail, employ some smart and young men to work for the Govt. Offer more benefit to get more investment from friendly countries.

Thats what Vn and China r doing now.

Just let me tell the truth, what West really want in this Economy War to against Russia ?
When Mr Putin step down from Russian government, the Economy War / Oil War will END !

Then Russian will lose Mr Putin and Ukraine, Ukraine will join NATO and send back Crimea, Russia become a meaningless small nation will quit Caucasus regions. Russian face another Economy War from West like last USSR collapsing !

The KEY is West holding USD and Oil pricing power, not Russian or Mr Putin.

4a405fd9jw1enciw4ylw4j20nq0hs75e.jpg

Last edited:
We don't force people to take business deals with us, if they can find a better deal elsewhere, that's where they will go.

If they don't wanna join, then their regional rival surely will.

Just let me tell the truth, what West want in this Economy War to against Russia ?
When Mr Putin step down from Russian government, the Economy War / Oil War will END !

Then Russian will lose Mr Putin and Ukraine, Ukraine will join NATO. Now Russian face another Economy War from West like last USSR collapsing !

View attachment 176685

If Putin steps down, then it gonna be the end for Russia.

@vostok

What is your idea!?
For Russia, enough that China and other free nations did not join the Western sanctions. Solving the problem of Russia - within her own. They need to take control of the Central Bank, which is a stronghold of the western fifth column, they need to change the constitution, to restore the country's official ideology, to expand the powers of the president up to dictatorial.

For Russia, enough that China and other free nations did not join the Western sanctions. Solving the problem of Russia - within her own. They need to take control of the Central Bank, which is a stronghold of the western fifth column, they need to change the constitution, to restore the country's official ideology, to expand the powers of the president up to dictatorial.

Russia is surely strong enough to survive.

But the full economic integration with China will help you to recover faster.

BTW, i think the new Eurasian silk road is already on the talk.

my friend, the only way out is NOT to change the constitution, NOR expand the power to a dictatorship.
NO, you must end the support to the separistism movement in eastern ukraine.

Russia is surely strong enough to survive.

But the full economic integration with China will help you to recover faster.

BTW, i think the new Eurasian silk road is already on the talk.
Deep cooperation, not integration. We had integration in Western economics after 1991 and you see how it ends for us.

Back
Top Bottom