What's new

The Great Game Changer: Belt and Road Intiative (BRI; OBOR)

As i said Option two was never used simply because the fleet was not big enough.

Concorde was a huge sucess for British Airways. BA had 6 Concorde in service and this 6 Concorde generated 40% of the entire BA profit for 25 years. BA had a fleet of 150 airplanes...and 6 airplanes made 40% of the profits. Thats quite sucessful. Concorde offered a unique experience. A level above 1st class. That made her so profitable. I was able to fly Concorde as a small boy with my parents. London - New York on G-BOAC. Nobody says that SST and SSTO are an option for evryone. As Airtravel started the tickets were so expensive that only very rich people could afford them. Thats normal for any new technology. SST are introduced and work as elite way to travel while the masses chose the normal airplane. As time goes by the new SSTO becomes the new elite way and SST the normal way to travel.

So many corporations work on new concepts. Airbus, Boeing, Space X, Sierra Nevada, Lockheed Martin...

As time and development moves on, the new technologies become the standard. The long time goal are bases / cities on the moon, mars, titan, ganymede and callisto and later on even interstellar. You want build railways to this destinations as well? :D

I want progress and i don´t want develop backwards. Trains can be used for short distance

Why did the fleet never got big enough?

You are even bad at economics. If the Concord was so great, why didn't they generate 100% of the profit? Think about it!

So, the rest who could not afford to travel with SST and SSTO should either stay at home or walk or what? Lufthansa will suddenly have to earn the same or more with only first class pasengers. :lol:

You don't even see your stupidity in argument to counter the necessity of train travel now and in the near future.

FYI, you are simply not even part of that elite, since your income is not and won't be high enough to fly the current 1st class from Munich to New York or Shanghai, forget about Concord tickets. With high certainty, I will see you sitting with other "poor" people in the train to make your travel. :rofl:

FRA – NYC (1st class) between € 5k and 5.5k
FRA – SHA (1st class) € 11.5k

Why did the fleet never got big enough?

You are even bad at economics. If the Concord was so great, why didn't they generate 100% of the profit? Think about it!

So, the rest who could not afford to travel with SST and SSTO should either stay at home or walk or what? Lufthansa will suddenly have to earn the same or more with only first class pasengers. :lol:

You don't even see your stupidity in argument to counter the necessity of train travel now and in the near future.

FYI, you are simply not even part of that elite, since your income is not and won't be high enough to fly the current 1st class from Munich to New York or Shanghai, forget about Concord tickets. With high certainty, I will see you sitting with other "poor" people in the train to make your travel. :rofl:

FRA – NYC (1st class) between € 5k and 5.5k
FRA – SHA (1st class) € 11.5k

The fleet never got big enough because USA sabotaged the Concorde and limited it to only certain airports. It made her a white elephant. Some high guys in the US government could not swallow that Concorde was not an american product. The Boeing SST ended as small elite branch. The mass market was blocked.

As for the rest of your nonsense. Why should Lufthansa stop its "cattle transports" while offering also a supreme product?

As for the rest of your nonsense. In a few days i start my one week cruise with my girl on the maiden voyage on the costa Diadema. We have 1st class and i paid 7.200,- €. My income obviously allows me to travel above the "cattle standard".

Indians have the access to foreign technologies. Their more powerful rocket engines are given immense help from the Russians. Also India would not have reached the Mars orbit without the assistance from NASA.

European space agency, Japan and S Korea etc also have these advantages over us.

We are very much a lone soul in space but solidly progressing on our own path - building a space industry literally most by ourselves, confidently.

What a proud moment to cheer for :super::laughcry::agree::cheesy::coffee::china:

The fleet never got big enough because USA sabotaged the Concorde and limited it to only certain airports. It made her a white elephant. Some high guys in the US government could not swallow that Concorde was not an american product. The Boeing SST ended as small elite branch. The mass market was blocked.

As for the rest of your nonsense. Why should Lufthansa stop its "cattle transports" while offering also a supreme product?

As for the rest of your nonsense. In a few days i start my one week cruise with my girl on the maiden voyage on the costa Diadema. We have 1st class and i paid 7.200,- €. My income obviously allows me to travel above the "cattle standard".

Didn't you say that the US is our super duper great friend with whom we will go from victory to victory? Now you tell me they sabotaged the Concord and rendered it into a white elephant. :lol:

Didn't you say that the future SST and SSTO will be serving the elite only because they will be extremly expensive that even third class will be out of reach for the majority? Flying to Mallorca for average Joe will be passé?

LOL at the braggar, € 7.200 for 2 person and you already consider that to be premium? Well, you just tell us that you come from a very, very humble background and think that € 7.200 on a cruise ship is the hottest shice.

Hey, flying 1st class with your girlfriend to NY would already cost more than € 10k and that's without hotel and catering. 1 week Waldorf Astoria Queen-size bed for 2 adds another € 2.5K. Transport, food, entertainment are of course extra.

Indians have the access to foreign technologies. Their more powerful rocket engines are given immense help from the Russians. Also India would not have reached the Mars orbit without the assistance from NASA.

European space agency, Japan and S Korea etc also have these advantages over us.

We are very much a lone soul in space but solidly progressing on our own path - building a space industry literally most by ourselves, confidently.

What a proud moment to cheer for :super::laughcry::agree::cheesy::coffee::china:

Yet they still don't have their own manned mission, so this only shows so much control that the US has over these lackey countries, and also to show how difficult is to build up its own ecosystem for the national space program.

Yet they still don't have their own manned mission, so this only shows so much control the US has over these lackey countries, and how hard is to build up its own ecosystem for the national space program.

I have been trying not to be over-exuberant over this Tiger Sir.:-)
We are still decades behind the big boys.
Our roads are still much tougher and yet we have our own footprints in space and soon on the Lunar surface. :cheesy:

Thank you :enjoy:

Yet they still don't have their own manned mission, so this only shows so much control that the US has over these lackey countries, and also to show how difficult is to build up its own ecosystem for the national space program.
Say Hello to the Russian scientists working on Chinese Space program.

Probably on initial stages but surely less, a lot less access to foreign techs than other emerging countries 8-):-)

China's space program is totally different from Russia's, because the founder father of our space program was a graduate from the US. That's why China's space program does bear some similarity with that of the US.

Last edited:
Probably on initial stages but surely less, a lot less access to foreign techs than other emerging countries 8-):-)
China's space program is indigenous.

Our space program was developed after the Sino-Soviet split, so we have received zero assistance from the Soviet Union.
No need to talk about these things, bros. Our maned space program proved enough.
No need talk to losers with humble words.

Sorry, Can I say: Holly sh!t!!!!!!!!!

Say Hello to the Russian scientists working on Chinese Space program.
Hehe, so? but we pay them for their hard working with money, not only Russian scientist, if
American or other country's good scientist can work for China, we also will say hello to them, and pay money for it, including indian scientist, if you have.

Oops, many indian good scientist work for NASA, they don't like China, don't want choose China, and USA also are very happy to say hello to Indian scientist, you must very proud for it.

Fact is China buys the technologies through back end channels!!
So?
I know you want to say all or most of chinese achievement on space should credit to foreigner, not Chinese, it can make you feel good, I know, keep it, hehe!

Last edited:
Fact is China buys the technologies through back end channels!!

I am expecting this to happen from unproven accusations

We have good and enough talents to advance our space and science technologies but of course we should be a lot better if all our scientists overseas can return to serve the Country :cheesy:

I am expecting this to happen from unproven accusations

We have good and enough talents to advance our space and science technologies but of course we should be a lot better if all our scientists overseas can return to serve the Country :cheesy:

2014 article :
Russia, China Sign Space Exploration Agreement | Business | The Moscow Times

1996 article:
news.sciencemag.org/space/1996/12/russia-aid-chinas-crewed-space-effort

Russia to Aid China's Crewed Space Effort

China may soon be the third country with a crewed space program. Industry experts believe that the Chinese--thanks to new plans to collaborate with cash-strapped Russian space scientists--will be able to send their first cosmonauts into space by the turn of the century.

According to recent reports in the Russian news media, the Chinese are seeking help from the Russian Space Agency (RKA) to kick-start a national crewed space-flight program. Last October, eight to 10 Chinese cosmonauts arrived at Star City, Russia's space-training center outside Moscow, says Phillip Clark, editor of Jane's Space Directory, an annual report on the industry. "Officially, nothing was announced," he says. However, Clark says, it appears that two cosmonauts are training for an 8-day Soyuz mission to the space station Mir in 1998, while the rest are getting training geared toward China's own program.

The Russia connection is China's latest attempt to revive its struggling 15-year-old crewed program, says John Pike, space policy director at the Federation of American Scientists. China's heavy-duty "Long March" rockets have blown up several times, and the Chinese have been tight-lipped "in accounting for what went wrong," Pike says. However, industry experts predict that Chinese technical advances--coupled with Russian expertise--will help to rapidly clear up the Long March's service record, enabling the first crewed flights around the year 2000.

Cash seems to be the main force driving the Russian participation. "When the Chinese fly to Mir, they will pay for the privilege," says Clark. RKA Director-General Yuri Koptev told the Russian news service Novosti that the two countries plan to ink contracts early next year for a joint Mir mission.

news.sciencemag.org/space/1996/12/russia-aid-chinas-crewed-space-effort

Back
Top Bottom