What's new

The Great Game Changer: Belt and Road Intiative (BRI; OBOR)

2014 article :
Russia, China Sign Space Exploration Agreement | Business | The Moscow Times

1996 article:
news.sciencemag.org/space/1996/12/russia-aid-chinas-crewed-space-effort

Russia to Aid China's Crewed Space Effort

China may soon be the third country with a crewed space program. Industry experts believe that the Chinese--thanks to new plans to collaborate with cash-strapped Russian space scientists--will be able to send their first cosmonauts into space by the turn of the century.

According to recent reports in the Russian news media, the Chinese are seeking help from the Russian Space Agency (RKA) to kick-start a national crewed space-flight program. Last October, eight to 10 Chinese cosmonauts arrived at Star City, Russia's space-training center outside Moscow, says Phillip Clark, editor of Jane's Space Directory, an annual report on the industry. "Officially, nothing was announced," he says. However, Clark says, it appears that two cosmonauts are training for an 8-day Soyuz mission to the space station Mir in 1998, while the rest are getting training geared toward China's own program.

The Russia connection is China's latest attempt to revive its struggling 15-year-old crewed program, says John Pike, space policy director at the Federation of American Scientists. China's heavy-duty "Long March" rockets have blown up several times, and the Chinese have been tight-lipped "in accounting for what went wrong," Pike says. However, industry experts predict that Chinese technical advances--coupled with Russian expertise--will help to rapidly clear up the Long March's service record, enabling the first crewed flights around the year 2000.

Cash seems to be the main force driving the Russian participation. "When the Chinese fly to Mir, they will pay for the privilege," says Clark. RKA Director-General Yuri Koptev told the Russian news service Novosti that the two countries plan to ink contracts early next year for a joint Mir mission.

Just because India can't develop anything by its own, but it doesn't mean that China cannot do that either.

Just think about it, why India has founded its nation 2 years earlier, but right now PRC's GDP is 5 times larger?

Meanwhile we got by far more western embargo on the sensitive technologies.

:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:
Everyday, I see many people talk about China copy/buy other country's technology and have nothing advance of technology except cheap products.

I see many people post negative threads to prove that how China is unsuccessful and they are winner.

I see many people argue things with delusions and wishes to prove they are better one except the facts. What you get even you win the arguments?

What a loser logic! And we can see the logic that you can't get in touch with foreign technology and we can buy everything to beat you. What a fnck logic!

Oh yeah, one thing sb. should know is that low person accept cheap products and it proved much things.:D:D:D

Don't compare China with loser because we need to develop our country everyday what is not talking can deal it with..
I am a little afraid of arguing with losers will harm my logic:o::o:

Just because India can't develop anything by its own, but it doesn't mean that China cannot do that either.

Just think about it, why India has founded its nation 2 years earlier, but right now PRC's GDP is 5 times larger?

Meanwhile we got by far more western embargo on the sensitive technologies.

That is your assumption, I have not said that.

Embargo only works if the nation is poor, money can smuggle anything !!

2014 article :
Russia, China Sign Space Exploration Agreement | Business | The Moscow Times

1996 article:

How often do these happen?
One is even a 2014 news and I wonder if that co-op has started materially. 8-)

Have I denied any assistance from outside?
If we can gain access like you people do we are landing on Mars now.o_O

Just count the achievements we have had so far:
- Space walk and returned home
- Beidou
- Manned and unmanned space docking and home-return
- Tiangong Space Lab
- " Rabbit" lunar lander
- shooting down a satellite in space
- more successful rockets by launch counts

By all means let the Russians claim their signature on the above endeavours please apart from their offer of a space suit which was never worn by our Taikonaut. Thank you :dirol:

How often do these happen?
One is even a 2014 news and I wonder if that co-op has started materialy. 8-)

Have I denied any assistance from outside?
If we can gain access like you people do we are landing on Mars now.o_O

:lol:

Just count the achievements we have had so far:
- Man space walk and returned home
- Beidou
- Manned and unmanned docking and home-return
- Tiangong Space Lab
- " Rabbit" lunar lander
- shooting down a satellite in space
- more successful rockets by launch counts

By all means let the Russians claim their signature on the above endeavour please apart from their offer of a space suit which was never worn by our Taikonaut. Thank you :dirol:

Impressive , India is not far behind !!

That is your assumption, I have not said that.

Embargo only works if the nation is poor, money can smuggle anything !!
A rich buy a BMW car, a poor say: If I have that money, I also can buy BMW, the poor guy forget that, more than 20 years ago, that "rich" even poorer than him.

Excuse is excuse, in the world, so many "rich" give the poor huge chance to be rich, but he can't, not chance problem, but that poor have "poor" idea, and always make excuse for its poor.:coffee:

as im worried. ..thread turned into a pissing contest!!!!

A rich buy a BMW car, a poor say: If I have that money, I also can buy BMW, the poor guy forget that, more than 20 years ago, that "rich" even poorer than him.

Excuse is excuse, in the world, so many "rich" give the poor huge chance to be rich, but he can't, not chance problem, but that poor have "poor" idea, and always make excuse for its poor.:coffee:

Is this a Chinese riddle Sweeet Grapee :azn:

India's achievements are also there and the technology gap is not that much between India and China.

India also has Manned space program.

India is also on reforms path and we have confidence that we can do better in Economy, R&D and social welfare in this decade and the decades after that.

4 out 10 scientist of NASA are indians......our competition is always with usa or russia in space not china....

4 out 10 scientist of NASA are indians......our competition is always with usa or russia in space not china....

Then stop comparing with us, and it quite annoying to see our section getting polluted and derailed daily by the Indian members.

And go back to your own section please.

Is this a Chinese riddle Sweeet Grapee :azn:

India's achievements are also there and the technology gap is not that much between India and China.

India also has Manned space program.

India is also on reforms path and we have confidence that we can do better in Economy, R&D and social welfare in this decade and the decades after that

do you mind changing the highlighted remarks to 10 to 20 years future tenses? :cheesy:

Didn't you say that the US is our super duper great friend with whom we will go from victory to victory? Now you tell me they sabotaged the Concord and rendered it into a white elephant. :lol:

Didn't you say that the future SST and SSTO will be serving the elite only because they will be extremly expensive that even third class will be out of reach for the majority? Flying to Mallorca for average Joe will be passé?

LOL at the braggar, € 7.200 for 2 person and you already consider that to be premium? Well, you just tell us that you come from a very, very humble background and think that € 7.200 on a cruise ship is the hottest shice.

Hey, flying 1st class with your girlfriend to NY would already cost more than € 10k and that's without hotel and catering. 1 week Waldorf Astoria Queen-size bed for 2 adds another € 2.5K. Transport, food, entertainment are of course extra.

1. Thats not what i said. I said when SST and SSTO are introduced uts the new premium. The older technology gets cheaper. As time goes by, SST would become cheap enough to become avaivable for normal pax. Thats the normal way evry technology goes.

2. I´m not bragging, i´m just saying. :)

3. Flying with my girlfriend to New York 1st class would be 5.000 € since i would get my place for free. When you work for Airbus as engineer and you are needed somewhere you get a place at 1st class, because it is usually the closest to the cockpit. Sometimes you are also placed in the cockpit. That happenes mostly when a new aircraft enters service and is in its 1st guarantee week. You can plan your schedule for that. :)

4. Where did i say i come from a humble background? Why do you think i can afford this? I can tell you, because each month i safe 800,- € - 1000 €. I have virtually no living costs because the apartment i live in is owned from my father. My mother is "Innenrevisor" at a VR-Bank, my father works as engineer at Siemens now. Thats not exactly a "humble background". How you think he could afford to buy 3 tickets on Concorde from London to New York?

I´m not elite, but also not "humble" in any way.

Back
Top Bottom