What's new

The Great Asian Showdown: India’s Kolkata Class v/s China’s Type-52D Destroyer

Wishful thinking.

You are not going to get these sort of missile for decades.
:lol: the one installed on type 052D destroyer is already a universal VLS that can install many types of missile like DF-10 cruises missile , YJ-18 supersonic missile , HQ-9B air defense , ASROC or quad pack with LY-60 medium range SAM. Equavalient to US MK-41.

That is something that india navy will take decades to have unless it bought the US MK-41 system.
IN Kollkata is a very inflexible destroyer, it's not able to configure according to mission profile unlike Type052D

Type 052D destroyer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:lol: the one installed on type 052D destroyer is already a universal VLS that can install many types of missile like DF-10 cruises missile , YJ-18 supersonic missile , HQ-9B air defense , ASROC or quad pack with LY-60 medium range SAM. Equavalient to US MK-41.

That is something that india navy will take decades to have unless it bought the US MK-41 system.
IN Kollkata is a very inflexible destroyer, it's not able to configure according to mission profile unlike Type052D

You are moron and you are proving by posting useless post like above one.
Universal VLS does not make any ship deadly What inside it make.:-):-)
If you comparing INS Kolkata AESA radar and Barak 8 with your Type 52D destroyer HQ9 and Chinese AESA radar then i think you are bigger moron then the Superboy also. You need to get access to first Google and You tube to know the true strength. :(:(

You are moron and you are proving by posting useless post like above one.
Universal VLS does not make any ship deadly What inside it make.:-):-)
If you comparing INS Kolkata AESA radar and Barak 8 with your Type 52D destroyer HQ9 and Chinese AESA radar then i think you are bigger moron then the Superboy also. You need to get access to first Google and You tube to know the true strength. :(:(

This is the improved Kolkata coming up soon, project 15B, this is a real beast, look at those VLS systems:
2.jpg

funny indians`lol, a lousy ship with all the imported important parts, not even sure they are compatible yet````and that tiny Israeli Barak-8 cant even be categorized as L-SAM, its maximum speed is only 2.5M compared to HHQ-9A's 5M (which btw its down grated version scored 100% accuracy during the Turkey National Missile defense test, hit targets from missiles to fighter jets``with range up to 125KM)

it would be lucky if this lousy ship can be as potent as 054A of PLAN forget about 052C/D

Wishful thinking.

You are not going to get these sort of missile for decades.
because we have much better ones```but isrealis and russians are only care about your easy money``nothing more

Dude. The system is completed in Israel but not onboard Kolkata class. If you disagree, show me a photo of Kolkata class firing barak8. It will take sometime for it to be operational and hold your breadth. It maybe years.

Of course not, that is why it will take the end of the year.
The missile tests are DONE. COMPLETE.
The only thing remains is the integration on board IN ships and tests at sea. There is nothing wrong with the missile and R&D works are finished, which is why they claimed it operational. I don't believe it takes "years" for VLS integration.
Polish Navy is evaluating the missile for use, why would they do so if the missile itself was not ready.

I would believe you if you claimed any other missile to be not operational but that is when the R&D is still ongoing.
However as Boaz Levy said "Barak-8 is now operational".

funny indians`lol, a lousy ship with all the imported important parts, not even sure they are compatible yet````and that tiny Israeli Barak-8 cant even be categorized as L-SAM, its maximum speed is only 2.5M compared to HHQ-9A's 5M (which btw its down grated version scored 100% accuracy during the Turkey National Missile defense test, hit targets from missiles to fighter jets``with range up to 125KM)

it would be lucky if this lousy ship can be as potent as 054A of PLAN forget about 052C/D

because we have much better ones```but isrealis and russians are only care about your easy money``nothing more

Barak 8 is mach 4.5, you are confusing with Barak 1.
You read about the wrong missile.

Barak 8 is the top air defense missile right now. Dual data link, 80 G turns, 500 meters minimum range, etc, etc. Better than Aster 30, except in range. You wish china could have something similar.

Last edited:
you really sure`?
Barak 8 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

its just a toy for IN, its 275KG mass is even lighter than ESSM and Aster-15```these are the point defense SAMs for USN and European navies```please have some common sense kid

Yes, I'm sure, the info is wikipedia is wrong, whoever posted the info there mixed up the information. I suggest you research better than wiki if you really want to learn kid.

70 km range is not point defense and later Barak 8 ER will have 150 km range.

You never fail to amuse the thread.

Hummmmmm Your HQ 9 is very accurate that is why you are bagging S 400 from Russia.

1. Indian Navy doesn't get Israel Barak-8 missile yet (if im wrong, pic pls !) ... but Chinese has HQ-9B on 052D-class.

2. Indian has BrahMos VLS on Kolkata-class, Chinese has YJ-18 super-sonic missile VLS on 052D-class.

YJ-18 VLS launch.gif
View attachment 200653

3. Right now PLAN has 6x 052C-class, 2x 052D-class, and new 3x 052D launched in the shipyard & sea trial.

Chinese r building more 052D-class DDGs, number to 20+ in different shipyards.
View attachment 200645

When 2nd Indian Kolkata-class out ... u will find out Chinese 1st 055-class DDG launch in 2015~2016 ... then let's continue to compare Kolkata-class vs China 055-class (10,000+ ton, 100+ VLS cells) ... :pop:
View attachment 200652
1. hq-9 is more of offensive where B8 is more of PDMS .......52d has better area defence compared to kolkata

2. what is range of yj-18?...............there is confusion on the range of brahmos

3. 2nd kolkata ship is already out under going trial

oye you cannot compare different class of ship ..............one is just 7k :cray:and other is 10k:agree:

When Indian Navy really install Barak-8 on the ship. Pls inform me and post pic, ths !
In my opinion, many years later ...
this year.......from where you getting this wrong info

Typical news, end of the year. Then probably some delay, then probably some hiccup and then some fine tune and then probably 4-5 years then become real operation.

but last time i saw you saying that barak 8 is not even completed or exist ............but now with the test completed you have changed your tone from existence to induction ..........now that is a big jump

oh oh btw this you might not know isreali are inducting B8 into there frigate

@Abingdonboy see this troll

Last edited:
your delusion never fails to entertain us :lol:

:lol: anybody with sound knowledge shall know that S-400 cannot fit into our standardize VLS onboard type052D destroyer.

Can't you write even a comment without copying my comment. It seem that to copy is your national trait.

I am not at all talking in context of Naval defense. If your country is so advance in defense technology, why do you guys still use russian weapon. Tell me why are you bagging S 400 from Russia as well as Su 35? Even submarines.

And do not compare your shitty HQ 9 with MRSAM/ BARAK 8, MRSAM is the best air defense system in the world where this this HQ 9 come nowhere closer.

Chinese even failed to comprehend the fair analysis :lol:

good for India....that type 52 would be sink .....due to the ignorance and over confidence....so next time come with something better....and not with 80s crap you named ....HQ ....CJ ....and ...YJ :lol:

good for India....that type 52 would be sink .....due to the ignorance and over confidence....so next time come with something better....and not with 80s crap you named ....HQ ....CJ ....and ...YJ :lol:

You forgrt J for junk.

You know why indian always lack behind China in everything? Becos they always live in delusion. :D

Back
Top Bottom