What's new

The Future of Kashmir? "Seven" Possible Solutions!

India Pakistan friendship, are you kidding. Until Indian mentality to dominate changes that will never happen. That will never happen, so there will never be India Pakistan friendship.

The only solution in sight is LoC becoming international border and its the best I think because no one have to sacrifice anything. But it will be difficult for India than Pakistan. Because a democratic govt will rarely do that because of losing votes. :hitwall:
This attitude is the main cause of the dispute. Complete disregard for Kashmiri wishes. A lot of us dont give a damn about Pakistan or India gaining land. We wish to do whatever the Kashmiris want.

First stop the violence and covert militant support, then we can sit across the table and talk about a solution.

Lets not forget that during Musharraf era, we where almost an announcement away from the Kashmir solution. And it was also during his era that militant groups were banned and suppressed.

Endlessly talking about solutions has gotten us nowhere.

But its good that you remember the Musharraf era as it tends to be the Pakistani side wanting and taking necessary steps towards a solution. Indian suggestions are usually to forget about everything, wait it out, admit there is no solution, all the while screaming that its a bilateral issue.

You are also suggesting to improve relations before a solution. You might have noticed that Indian officials use every opportunity to misalign Pakistan in the international community and try to protest nearly every business/military deal involving Pakistan. While you might deny any Baluchistan/Afghanistan links, its needless to say that Indian presence alone is considered hostile.
So does India have to do anything in your version of settling this dispute?

This attitude is the main cause of the dispute. Complete disregard for Kashmiri wishes. A lot of us dont give a damn about Pakistan or India gaining land. We wish to do whatever the Kashmiris want.

But its good that you remember the Musharraf era as it tends to be the Pakistani side wanting and taking necessary steps towards a solution. Indian suggestions are usually to forget about everything, wait it out, admit there is no solution, all the while screaming that its a bilateral issue.

You are also suggesting to improve relations before a solution. You might have noticed that Indian officials use every opportunity to misalign Pakistan in the international community and try to protest nearly every business/military deal involving Pakistan. While you might deny any Baluchistan/Afghanistan links, its needless to say that Indian presence alone is considered hostile.

Yes..

1. Strongly deal with militancy, which it is doing
2. Keep the pressure on Pakistan by making the cost of backing militancy high. This can be done by increasing pressure in Afghanistan. Its a joke about Pakistan wanting what Kashmiris want. Pakistan, plain and simple needs a strategic gain against India and to keep India off balance.
3. Increase development many fold in Jammu and Kashmir. Increase the number of industries.. Basically deny the militants the socio-economic situation that allows them to recruit the Kashmiri youth as cannon fodder
4. Engage with Pakistan diplomatically (like in Musharraf's era) to evolve a solution that gives an out to every one engaged in the proxy way.

We would not have reached so close to the Four-point solution to tha KSAhmir issue under Musharraf had it NOT been for reciprocal actions taking on the Indian side. Please do remember that even during that time, terrorists attacks were happening across many cities in India but still MMS was pushing the peace process along until ofcourse the Mumbai attacks. Cross border LoC visits and trade e.t.c. were all on the move. Even during the BJP era we had the bus trips and what not until Kargil. Even after that, the BJP govt. tried to find a solution on the Kashmir issue with various partition plans. So its wrong to say that GoI has not "tried" to resolve the Kashmir issue.

At the end of the day the wish of the Kashmiri people has to be taken into account. There is no doubt about that. But it can't be done where they are ignorant of facts or are intimidated by shadowy militant groups.

GoI should also reduce para military presence in population centers and leave it only to the J&K police. the Army act (AFSPA) should also modified and there should be zero tolerance for HR violations as GoI and J&K govt. are the ruling authority there after all.

You must understand that terrorism by its very nature terrorizes people and it is natural that they will over react especially with cases like the Mumbai attacks. Look at the reaction in Pakistan itself and the campaign now underway in the Tribal areas.

But in no way should India allow terrorists groups like LeT, Hizb and other assorted flavors under the United Jihad Council be allowed to set the agenda of the solution Kashmir solution. Nothing even remotely that can be claimed as a victory by them should be done by the GoI. And this is good for Pakistan herself, because any sort of "victory" against India that these groups claim will further spur and empower these groups within Pakistan itself further helping to de-stablise Pakistan.

I don't know the reality on the ground of couse but still I can understand that there may some involvement of India in Balochistan (although the PA/GoP has made the situation worse by its own actions as well) because there have been historical instances of support by India in the 1970s as well.

But ideologically the TTP/AQ groups will just not work with India knowingly, I don't think that this is possible especially if you look at what local journalists like Saleem Safi e.t.c. have found about the origins of TTP and their background. They are not fighting for independence or separation but they claim to be fighting to "liberate Pakistan" itself and establish a proper "Islamic state"

I am giving my solution which No one will like neither my indian brothers nor pakistani friends:-
Because Partition was not complete. So we should complete the partition now. According to mr. Jinnah "Hindu and Muslim can't live together". So Muslim majority area of Jammu and Kashmir ,i.e Kashmir valley should be given to pakistan but on one condition which is "complete the partition according to mr. jinnah theory which is stated above". i.e completely transfer of all hindu and sikh population of pakistan to India and completely transfer of all muslims of India to Pakistan.
Sorry Brothers If You don't like it.

I am giving my solution which No one will like neither my indian brothers nor pakistani friends:-
Because Partition was not complete. So we should complete the partition now. According to mr. Jinnah "Hindu and Muslim can't live together". So Muslim majority area of Jammu and Kashmir ,i.e Kashmir valley should be given to pakistan but on one condition which is "complete the partition according to mr. jinnah theory which is stated above". i.e completely transfer of all hindu and sikh population of pakistan to India and completely transfer of all muslims of India to Pakistan.
they dont have the money to feed pak population there economy is reaching new depth every day how they will feed muslims from india who are more in numbers than pak population
i am surprised how they dream of becoming islamic power only thing they have managed so far is bomb they are not most highest islamic population country (indonasia)
they are not rich (saudi)
they dont have technology(malasia)
what they have is zaid hamid giving day dreaming to pak to become world Islamic leader
they also lost humiliating wars and they want to be leader:taz:
BTW ur suggestion is BS why should muslims from india leave they are part of india
i have another solution "water solution"but i think india is not playing this card beacuse of IPI pipeline
i read it somewhere will provid the link also
we have water control once IPI pipeline is complete and if they dare to stop the petrolium supply to india from IRAN we can do the same for water to pakistan so water is like going to be insurance policy for indian petrolium supply thats the reason indian gov making so many small and big dams to control and divert water to punjab and other places :cheers:

this is your very first post on this forum.... why do you think muslims of india are going to leave india... they too love india as much as you love india... what if you are turned out of india and sent to nepal which is has even more % of hindus(97%)....
here in this forum as far as i know no indian muslim did ever supported pakistanies...

so dear chill....:)

Friendship , partnership , Central Asia , Afghanistan and list goes on like UN , OIC

Friendship --- if it is to come at the expense of Teriitorial integrity of India..sorry no thanks.
Partnership --- wat worthwile thing that India doesnt have can Pakistan give..?
Central Asia --- no thanks...as Chabahar is already going to be completed..Also Pakistani access to CAR is thro rugged mountains unlike Iran which is not so mountanious..I mean for Pipelines the route is not feasible.
Afghanistan --- already there....nothing for u to offer as it is a bilateral affair b/n Afg and India
UN ---- we have other routes
OIC --- u must be kidding rite...:rofl::rofl:

LoC became international border....

No there isn't. Accept it and move on.

leave kashmir alone and solve ur own terrorist problems.

the reality is nooo

The only solution in sight is LoC becoming international border and its the best I think because no one have to sacrifice anything. But it will be difficult for India than Pakistan. Because a democratic govt will rarely do that because of losing votes. :hitwall:

First stop the violence and covert militant support, then we can sit across the table and talk about a solution.

Lets not forget that during Musharraf era, we where almost an announcement away from the Kashmir solution. And it was also during his era that militant groups were banned and suppressed.

I don't think there is any possible solution except making LOC permanent border.
Pakistan doesn't have anything substantial to offer to India to compensate for any loss of territory. India holds all the cards. Pakistan tried to play the terror card, but it failed.
India is quite comfortable with the present situation. Unless Pakistan comes up with something new to offer to India, the status-quo will continue.

oh nai naa......... its only a win-win situation for India. There has to be a nuteral solution of this problem. Don't see the situation from India's perspective. Be Nuteral

The decision has to be Give n take :D

oh nai naa......... its only a win-win situation for India. There has to be a nuteral solution of this problem. Don't see the situation from India's perspective. Be Nuteral

The decision has to be Give n take :D

Solution cannot be neutral as whatever the agreement is reached, India is going to be loser..........it can be kashmir..........Saichen...........Sir chreek............or anything else.

Best for India is to maintain status co.

Solution cannot be neutral as whatever the agreement is reached, India is going to be loser..........it can be kashmir..........Saichen...........Sir chreek............or anything else.

Best for India is to maintain status co.
in another words india will never solve this matter :rofl:

and keep us busy in Do more in aboloshing terrorist activities

yup ..........you got it.............why should be?
sir chreek is under our control............if something happens we are gonna lose ground.

on saichen.............we are at heights..............solution will be coming down

if that benefits us...i dont c any reason y it should not be followed..?wat say Zaki bhai..?:azn:

I posted the below in a new thread but got deleted for some lame reasons. Posting them here

Hi Folks,

I'm starting this thread (my first thread after the member intro ) with an intention to know a thing which is rattling in my head.

Quote:
1. Pakistan, as we all know, is not a big economy. Matter of fact, its not even among the fastest rising economies unlike China, India and few other Asian countries in this Asian Era.

2. Pakistan, as we all know, is trying to help liberate Kashmir from India since Pakistan claims that it wants independent Kashmir.

3. Pakistan, as we know, spends a lot of money for the 2nd point.
But want I don't know is,

Quote:
1. Why Pakistan wants independent Kashmir.

2. Even if you have a justification/answer for the above question, is/was Pakistan ever in a position to help and liberate a second country (first country would mean the self ie., Pakistan itself)?

3. Pakistan can do the 2nd point if it was US (like they did for Iraq, Afgan, and tried out in Vietnam) but is Pakistan same as the US?

4. If Pakistan ever wanted an independent Kashmir, why did it invade Kashmir in 1947 in the first place??
I really can understand if Pakistan wants Kashmir for itself and dose spend and engage for its land. But their official claim is not that or is it otherwise?

Quote:
1. Having put forward all the questions that I had in my mind, I'm not expecting any emotional replies.

2. My intention is not to create a flame thread so I kindly request you to help me in this regards.
Looking forward for a better understanding,

Thank you.

yup ..........you got it.............why should be?
sir chreek is under our control............if something happens we are gonna lose ground.

on saichen.............we are at heights..............solution will be coming down

if that benefits us...i dont c any reason y it should not be followed..?wat say Zaki bhai..?:azn:

get ready for war on 21st December 2012 :agree:

Back
Top Bottom