What's new

The Fraud in Chinese Air-Conditioning

Majority of pakistanis can't afford the more expensive Chinese products hence they go for the cheaper ones. Cheaper means lower quality.

No if the Chinese labelled their goods honestly, Many Pakistanis would steer clear from it..Pakistan unlike India is not a cheapskate market...Pakistanis have high sense of quality..they have been known to pay top dollar for quality...with Chinese goods..the OEM is willing to put whatever label the trader requested...hence you have ordinary rotary AC being sold as DC inverter..which is a blatant scam!

Post reported for trying to derail thread.

Indians don't have sense of quality and his post reflects that..I work with Germans and I know how meticulous they are with their fine details..And you will never find a German product performing below the stated specs..

I have a six years old HP laptop and it is still churning out 4 Hours on full battery charge..The HAIER laptop is probably okay for low consumer end where fast turn out time for technology means it would be thrown out in a year of two..laptops cannot be compared to industrial goods which are required to last up to 10 years and perform with utmost reliability...
Perhaps that is because you don't use it much. I still have one HP core i5 2nd gen at home, which i had bought from UK and not only it over heats i had to get its fan replaced two times. Before that i had bought HP core i3 1st gen from Pakistan and its battery had died right after 1 year. After using Haier laptop for two years i can say with certainty that its not low end by any stretch. We have one Haier AC installed in our living room and it has been there for around 15 years now and even though we have got its outer units fan repaired a couple of times its cooling doesn't fail to surprise. Chinese products whether electronics or industrial goods have varied qualities, you just gotta find the suitable one, but mostly its dependent upon market availability.

Perhaps that is because you don't use it much. I still have one HP core i5 2nd gen at home, which i had bought from UK and not only it over heats i had to get its fan replaced two times. Before that i had bought HP core i3 1st gen from Pakistan and its battery had died right after 1 year. After using Haier laptop for two years i can say with certainty that its not low end by any stretch. We have one Haier AC installed in our living room and it has been there for around 15 years now and even though we have got its outer units fan repaired a couple of times its cooling doesn't fail to surprise. Chinese products whether electronics or industrial goods have varied qualities, you just gotta find the suitable one, but mostly its dependent upon market availability.

Yes it is called inconsistent quality control...they will let something slip for asian markets..and tighten up for european markets..multiple grades of manufacturing...

Pakistani AC's by the do not offer half the cooling provided by UAE AC's, just something I have noticed.

Yes it is called inconsistent quality control...they will let something slip for asian markets..and tighten up for european markets..multiple grades of manufacturing...
That is true, Chinese products sold in Europe have way better quality than the ones sold in Asia. Especially Pakistan, they are way too substandard, but for that i don't blame the Chinese, it's the buyers/importers who intentionally go for low quality to cut the costs. This is the domain where the governments need to set quality standards for the products.

Indians don't have sense of quality and his post reflects that..I work with Germans and I know how meticulous they are with their fine details..And you will never find a German product performing below the stated specs..
Quite rich coming from a person who is unable to comprehend technical data!I bet you will not even qualify for an ARC Licence in this part of the world.

Anyhow enjoy sharing you highly qualified opinion with the average joe.I have got a long weekend that needs to be taken care off!

:lol:

I have two air conditioner of GREE with one ton capacity (DC inverter) in my house.
They are working fine......
Satisfactory cooling and satisfactory bill......
How much bill you get and how long you use them ?

Pakistani AC's by the do not offer half the cooling provided by UAE AC's, just something I have noticed.

Because GULF ac are rated for 55C and Pakistani cheat in btu by stating the started T1 conditions which is 35C ambient..

Branded products tend to be different but still it took a very long time for LG, Samsung, Gree and Haier to go global..they spent several decades as a second class brand even in their domestic markets.

Yep!

LG is actually Goldstar. Goldstar was one of those companies that sold no frills stuff in discount stores. Hardly noticed unless you were a student who wanted some cheap tv or toaster. Now they are better received as LG.

Samsung was a little better known than Goldstar but not a big player until flat screen computer monitors came out and they basically owned the market. Their reputation skyrocketed. Now they are noticed and sell all sorts of stuff that they had no success in before.

Gree has no marketshare over here so I can't comment.

Haier has just started selling big tickets items over here in the last year. No reputation yet. Previously the only thing they sold were those tiny refrigerators like you'd see in a hotel room.

LG is actually Goldstar. Goldstar was one of those companies that sold no frills stuff in discount stores. Hardly noticed unless you were a student who wanted some cheap tv or toaster. Now they are better received as LG.

Stuff made by Goldstar was far more reliable..when LG was launched..it was crap..in Saudi market they had to quickly revert their air conditioners with Bristol branded compressors to gain market share..

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom