What's new

The Fraud in Chinese Air-Conditioning

I don't care about the standards..I am demanding high engineering quality..which means the actual capacity unit..does not fall below the advertised label...variations should only be on the positive side...there will always be variations with in the same batch as well...

And that is the exact reason why there is a need to publish standards to specify deviations. You are not going to dictate how companies will rate their product. A 300 BHP car doesn't produce 300 BHP on a dyno, similarly a 500 ton Chiller at full load Ahri conditions will make more 475 tons but not exceed 510 tons, It doesn't need to produce more than 500 tons as a compulsion. That is the reason there is a need for a standard so rating points for both IPLV and NPLV can be published.
It is project designers who need to be aware and design the HVAC systems and build system with safeties.

GRE enjoys very good repo in Pakistan. I bought Kenwood recently and its awesome.

And that is the exact reason why there is a need to publish standards to specify deviations. You are not going to dictate how companies will rate their product. A 300 BHP car doesn't produce 300 BHP on a dyno, similarly a 500 ton Chiller at full load Ahri conditions will make more 475 tons but not exceed 510 tons, It doesn't need to produce more than 500 tons as a compulsion. That is the reason there is a need for a standard so rating points for both IPLV and NPLV can be published.
It is project designers who need to be aware and design the HVAC systems and build system with safeties.

May be in Indian quality management it does but I work with Several OEM and I know that good engineering practice dictate that the actual capacity should be equal or higher than nameplate capacity. This is the reason why made in germany cost so much while made in china is crap!

We fabricate parts and sometimes tolerances are as tight as 0.1mm @ 25C.

jpfHcoL.jpg

GRE enjoys very good repo in Pakistan. I bought Kenwood recently and its awesome.

i give up on all this Chinese crap!

learnt a lot about air conditioners in this,, thanks.
BTW if the Chinese are fraudsters this prolifically, I wonder why the major American brands are still being made there? or is it only the Chinese brands that have the problem?

May be in Indian quality management it does but I work with Several OEM and I know that good engineering practice dictate that the actual capacity should be equal or higher than nameplate capacity. This is the reason why made in germany cost so much while made in china is crap!

We fabricate parts and sometimes tolerances are as tight as 0.1mm @ 25C.
No point is discussion when you don't understand the meaning of tolerance. My bad for responding.

Last edited:
i give up on all this Chinese crap!
I think it all varies from product to product. Chinese do make quality products, when i was given that PM scheme's Haier laptop, i was very skeptical and didn't even use it for 6 months. But it turned out to be a great one....Excellent battery timing even after two years of strenuous use its battery is still giving more than 2 hours which is just amazing, the laptop itself has never had any other kind of issues especially no heating problem at all...............which is a very common in HP.

I don't care about the standards..I am demanding high engineering quality..which means the actual capacity unit..does not fall below the advertised label...variations should only be on the positive side...there will always be variations with in the same batch as well...
What you are demanding is a pretty much a water car.

learnt a lot about air conditioners in this,, thanks.
BTW if the Chinese are fraudsters this prolifically, I wonder why the major American brands are still being made there? or is it only the Chinese brands that have the problem?

Product made under american management is different than crap churned out by Chinese factories.
The Americans have mastered the higher art of industry which is designing, process and quality control.
They outsource the crap manual work to mexicans and now Chinese...That is bunch of high school drop outs on assembly line repetitively doing the same task hundreds of times a day!

Branded products tend to be different but still it took a very long time for LG, Samsung, Gree and Haier to go global..they spent several decades as a second class brand even in their domestic markets. Chinese have mastered the art of not letting a customer go. Which means beside less than handful of brands you can find whatever you want at the lowest price you wish to pay..the wider implications of this is global rise in imports of crap goods which is hurting the economy and the environment..goods break down frequently demanding frequent imports meaning countries are losing forex in import of garbage...

What you are demanding is a pretty much a water car.

THe mentality of Indian trolls over this thread all represents the absolutely crap quality management of their products.. Glad to be not an Indian! Accuracy is important..it does not matter what the minimum standards say because they only regulate the bare minimum...if you compliance it the lowest end of any given standard it means a certificate for A-Class crap product.....much of the German products by far exceed the minimum standards and that is why they are so expensive...

For a normal consumer like me, are the gree and haier A/C's available in Pakistan good quality?
If you have budget limitations, then these brands will do. I don't recommend Haier though. Orient is better alternative.

If you want high quality then consider an American, Japanese or Korean brand. Mitsubishi, Samsung, Panasonic and LG are good options. Avoid Made in China crap in this case.

Last edited:
I think it all varies from product to product. Chinese do make quality products, when i was given that PM scheme's Haier laptop, i was very skeptical and didn't even use it for 6 months. But it turned out to be a great one....Excellent battery timing even after two years of strenuous use its battery is still giving more than 2 hours which is just amazing, the laptop itself has never had any other kind of issues especially no heating problem at all...............which is a very common in HP.

I have a six years old HP laptop and it is still churning out 4 Hours on full battery charge..The HAIER laptop is probably okay for low consumer end where fast turn out time for technology means it would be thrown out in a year of two..laptops cannot be compared to industrial goods which are required to last up to 10 years and perform with utmost reliability...

I installed "Haier" split units in my house and they have been running fine since 8 years, with only one issue during this time.

If you have budget limitations, then these brands will do. I don't recommend Haier though. Orient is better alternative.

If you want high quality then consider an American, Japanese or Korean brand. Mitsubishi, Samsung, Panasonic and LG are good options.

Avoid Made in China crap.

Orient, PEL, Waves and all Pakistan brands are just brand-engineer Chinese crap..go on Ali Baba and make a search on supplier cataloges..you will find the same panel designs with numerous Chinese manufacturers..I recently heard about Orient fraudulent advertising about their DC Inverter AC.

THe mentality of Indian trolls over this thread all represents the absolutely crap quality management of their products.. Glad to be not an Indian! Accuracy is important..it does not matter what the minimum standards say because they only regulate the bare minimum...if you compliance it the lowest end of any given standard it means a certificate for A-Class crap product.....much of the German products by far exceed the minimum standards and that is why they are so expensive...
Looks like the Germans have started using magic to overcame the manufacturing limitation the rest of the world faces.You sound more like a Pakistani AC Ustaad and less of a Certified HVAC Technician or HVAC Engineer. :lol:

Majority of pakistanis can't afford the more expensive Chinese products hence they go for the cheaper ones. Cheaper means lower quality.

Majority of pakistanis can't afford the more expensive Chinese products hence they go for the cheaper ones. Cheaper means lower quality.
We are talking about Saudi Arabia. There is no shortage of money there.

Looks like the Germans have started using magic to overcame the manufacturing limitation the rest of the world faces.You sound more like a Pakistani AC Ustaad and less of a Certified HVAC Technician or HVAC Engineer. :lol:
Post reported for trying to derail thread.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom