What's new

The Formula1 in India

148831_378280388914215_1527513276_n.jpg

35456_378280408914213_310329462_n.jpg

223269_378280528914201_575630119_n.jpg

29794_378280255580895_1603583642_n.jpg

What is This ? Tata is written...

523052_378280295580891_1452089071_n.jpg

HRT F1 car. TATA pretty much owns HRT (owns >60% shares).

Karthikeyan cant drive. We should get a foreign driver who can win and make Force India a success. Not stick with Narain just cuz he is Indian.

That's unfair he is a good solid dirver who will drive a car well. He is just unfortunate enough to have never had a particuarly good car to show off his talent. Even still as the first ever Indian F1 driver he has done a good job and is a good ambassador for India in the sport and he is incredibly well liked in the paddock.

F1: American GP postponed till 2014

London: The inaugural American Grand Prix scheduled to take place at New Jersey next June has been postponed for a year, according to local news reports confirmed by Bernie Ecclestone.

The race was due to take place on June 16, but is understood to be re-scheduled for 2014, according to a report in the Jersey Journal, due to rising doubts about the progress being made in preparing for the event.

Formula One commercial ring-master Bernie Ecclestone told Eurosport: "It is not going to happen next year.

"If they came up with the contract with us and we were satisfied the question is could they carry out the work in six months? Winter in New York is not good."

Ecclestone said this now left a vacant slot in next year's 20-race calendar.
F1: American GP postponed till 2014 | News | NDTVSports.com

2013 New York F1 Grand Prix cancelled

With Bernie Ecclestone pushing to get America to fall in love with F1, a headline F1 act on the streets of New York – a Monaco GP for the colonials – looked like a plan.
But it’s a plan that’s now been postponed until at least 2014 after Bernie plugged the plug on organisers as they need more time to prepare for what will, by any measure, be a huge logistical task.
The Grand Prix of America was due to run through the streets of New Jersey – along the waterfront with the skyline of New York as the backdrop – the week after the Canadian Grand Prix on the 16th June, but that’s not going to happen. Hopefully New York can get its act together in time for 2014.
But all is not lost for Ecclestone’s American odyssey as we’ll be getting the United States Grand Prix in Texas next month, on the all new F1 track that only broke ground in 2010 and was still pretty much a dirt track when David Coulthard took the Red Bull car there last year.
Hopefully the Texas race will be a success and New York can get its act together in time for a 2014 Grand Prix. It does promise to be spectacular.

Read more: http://www.carsuk.net/2013-new-york-f1-grand-prix-cancelled/#ixzz29nyFXIBw
http://www.carsuk.net/2013-new-york-f1-grand-prix-cancelled/

Formula 1: American dream stalls as New Jersey GP put on hold for year

Grand Prix of America promoter Leo Hindery Jnr is adamant he remains “100 per cent committed” to the project despite confirming a postponement of the race until 2014.

Infrastructure issues for the event at Port Imperial in New Jersey on the bank of the Hudson River, and with Manhattan as a backdrop, means the grand prix initially scheduled for 16 June next year has been put on hold for 12 months. It would have followed a weekend after the Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal as a North American double-header.

Hindery Jnr said: “We are going to be racing at Port Imperial, unfortunately just not as soon as we hoped and expected.

“We promised (New Jersey) Governor (Chris) Christie, the towns (of Weehawken and West New York), the sport and its international fans the best possible experience.

“Unfortunately, we need additional time to ensure that happens. But we remain 100 per cent committed to the Grand Prix of America at Port Imperial, and the race could have no better partner and friend than the CEO of Formula One, Bernie Ecclestone.

“We benefit greatly from his experience and counsel, and from his support.”

Ecclestone confirmed yesterday that the event would not happen until 2014, highlighting the difficulties relating to the building of the facilities.

Via a statement GPA officials claim “significant progress has been made toward developing the race, including substantial construction of the first garage and other permanent facilities”.

Inroads have also been made in light of extensive track engineering and operations planning, hiring of senior staff and partnering with key vendors to manage hospitality, security, transportation planning and operations, and ticket sales.

However, they cite “additional time needed for the development of complex Hudson Riverfront facilities and for finishing the second pits and paddock garage on the site”.

Reflecting on the problems, Ecclestone said: “The reason is because they didn’t quite know what they were doing.

“They got all the permissions together. Everything was done, that was all fine, but then they missed the boat a little on some financing that was coming in. Everything is set up, but it’s now too late to finish on time.”

With regard to the contract, it was understood payments to Ecclestone had been missed, but the 81-year-old added: “It was the guarantees they hadn’t come up with. But now they’ve got their finance together they can come up with the guarantees.”

Looking ahead towards the future, Ecclestone said: “I remain totally committed to the Port Imperial race and its unique location and attributes. We will continue to work closely together to realise our dream in 2014. As Leo says, we are still going to be racing at Port Imperial, now, however, in 2014.”

The New Jersey race would have given the United States a second round of the championship after this season’s inaugural grand prix at the new Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas, next month.

Formula One has not raced in the United States since 2007, when the US Grand Prix was held at Indianapolis, but teams are eager to return to a country that is a key market for sponsors and car manufacturers but one that the sport has found hard to crack over the years.
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/formula-1-american-dream-stalls-as-new-jersey-gp-put-on-hold-for-year-1-2590074

Now how British media gonna report this, they made such a big issue about Indian GP last year even though we have completed successfully...

Any Pakistani coming to see the Grand Prix.....?

^^ Yes its too easy to come to Delhi...its will be one hell of experience...

I will go on 2013 Indian GP for sure...

Karun Chandhok has no regrets of not being part of F1

New Delhi: Karun Chandhok has no regrets of missing out Formula One action rather he is happy being part of FIA World Endurance Championship, which he says is an "eye opener" for him.

Chandhok, who test drove for then Team Lotus' during the 2011 season, shifted to Endurance series after failing to earn a full-time F1 contract for 2012 calender.

"I have no regrets because I did everything possible to make things happen in F1. When you feel you wasted an opportunity, then you feel disappointed. When you feel you made every use of the opportunity, you done the best you can, that's all you can do. If you can't get the sponsorship, if you can't get the money you need...that's life and you just need to get on with it," Chandhok told PTI in an interview.

"Moving from F1 to Endurance has been a very interesting change. I think the mental shift has been very different because you have to remain focussed for a much longer period of time. You need to stay bit more relaxed, it's not a sprint."

"It's a long-drawn event and a new challenge. The cars are very good to drive. It's been an eye opener for me," Chandhok said.

However, it was clear that the Indian racer would have loved to be part of action when Formula One race is happening in his own country.

Narain Karthikeyan of Hispania Racing Team (HRT) will be the only Indian driver on the grid at the Buddh International Circuit.

"That's life and what can you do? This is life; you just have to get on with it. I am going to be in Shanghai racing next weekend," he said.

The six hour race on the Shanghai International Circuit concludes the maiden season of the World Endurance Championship (WEC) on October 28.

Chandhok said "situation is tricky" but if opportunity comes his way to race in Formula One, he will never say 'No'.

"Some drivers are able to do it while others not able to have any access to those sponsors. If an opportunity comes, obviously I'll love to do it. You know no driver will say no but at the same time the World Endurance Championship is an eye opening experience," he said.

Chandhok expressed satisfaction with his performance in the inaugural season of the WEC and hoped to continue with the JRM Racing, which won the 2011 FIA GT1 World Championship with Nissan.

His team finished an excellent result at Six Hours of Fuji in Japan where they finished second in the privateers' class and fifth overall.

"It's been good. We had ups and downs like any other sport but it's been a fun season. We finished second in Japan. By and large, the championship has been quite good. The championship takes place at a much higher competitive level.

"At JRM, we have good people, the engineers have got a lot of F1 experience. The other drivers have been racing sports car since the early 90s. I have been able to learn a lot from them and we work very well together. There's a lot of respect for me; they treat me very well and it's been fun," he added.

Karun Chandhok has no regrets of not being part of F1 | News | NDTVSports.com

Whats the price of a ticket?

I checked some for Abu Dhabi GP, and it is way out of my reach!!! (atleast the one i saw)

Whats the price of a ticket?

I checked some for Abu Dhabi GP, and it is way out of my reach!!! (atleast the one i saw)

Main Grand Stand: Rs 21,000

Classic Stand 1 West: Rs 6,000

Premium Stand North: Rs 10,000

Classic Stand North: Rs 6,000

Picnic Stand North: Rs 3,000

Star Stand 1,2,3 East: Rs 7,500

Classic Stand East: Rs 6,000

Premium Stand South: Rs 10,000

Picnic Stand South: Rs 3,000

Natural Stand South: Rs 3,000

Back
Top Bottom