What's new

The Formula1 in India

First time i've seen F1 cars being transported, certainly this method was never one I had imagined!!!

Good insight into what goes behind a F1 race and how the stuff gets transported.

So, what are the rules of getting all this equipment in, especially the cars? Some special permit or something?

Hope, one day an Indian in Force India team wins this trophy. It will be truly awesome. :D
yes may be in future . but currently its not not possible because your own team doesn't support indian talent . they always relay on foreign driver .May be because indian driver doesn't get facilities what other drivers get .Sponsorship is big issue . Germen drivers dominate the F1 at the moment :tup:

i read somewhere that Massa was using Redbull style exhaust and that was the reason he was faster then alonso . at india game on .i bet ferrari will hunt redbull this time

Hope, one day an Indian in Force India team wins this trophy. It will be truly awesome. :D

Within the next 10 years this is a possibility. With the Indian GP, with an Indian team and now with massive Indian corporate investments from the likes of TATA and Sahara (and others) things are looking good. But the key part is there is genuine interest among the Indian public, in amny other places that host F1 GPs there is little interest in F1 or motorsport but in India there is and it seems to be growing so with a huge talent pool India has the makings of a great F1 driver nation within the next few decades.

Today, karthikeyan did expressed his desire to join Force India.. He said that he has proved himself and looking for better place for 2013 season.. while i doubt whether he will be retained by HRT or not...:undecided:

Today, karthikeyan did expressed his desire to join Force India.. He said that he has proved himself and looking for better place for 2013 season.. while i doubt whether he will be retained by HRT or not...:undecided:

Karthikeyan cant drive. We should get a foreign driver who can win and make Force India a success. Not stick with Narain just cuz he is Indian.

148831_378280388914215_1527513276_n.jpg

35456_378280408914213_310329462_n.jpg

223269_378280528914201_575630119_n.jpg

29794_378280255580895_1603583642_n.jpg

What is This ? Tata is written...

523052_378280295580891_1452089071_n.jpg

^^^^^
Bhai can you post link of this site ???

Karthikeyan cant drive. We should get a foreign driver who can win and make Force India a success. Not stick with Narain just cuz he is Indian.

Just give that hrt car to vettel and see the cry baby performing on the track.. Karthikeyan is indeed a good driver and he has competed with big names already...

Indian Grand Prix DRS zone extended

Formula 1 drivers should have a better chance of overtaking at the 2012 Indian Grand Prix thanks to the introduction of an extended DRS area for this year's race.

With the 2011 event at the Buddh International Circuit proving underwhelming in terms of passing moves - with a total of just six genuine efforts at the front of the field – the FIA has reacted to try and improve matters for this year.

As well as having the original zone that runs along the maximum distance of the start-finish straight, a second DRS zone that runs from Turn 3 to Turn 4 has been extended by 80 metres.

The FIA has also confirmed that the zones will be wholly independent, with separate detection points for each.

Sauber's head of track engineering Giampaolo Dall'Ara reckoned the revisions should be a boost to the racing.

"An interesting aspect compared to most of the other races this year is the fact there will be two DRS sections with two detection zones, which should normally help overtaking," he said.

Indian Grand Prix DRS zone extended - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

F1 Mercedes AMG Preview Indian Grand Prix At Buddh International Circuit

Brackley based F1 Mercedes AMG Petronas look forward to the 2012 Airtel Indian Grand Prix takes place on Sunday 28 October at the Buddh International Circuit just outside New Delhi. Having made its Formula One debut last year, the 5.125 km circuit hosts Round 17 of this year's championship.

Nine of the ten corners between Turns 5 and 14 are taken at between 200 and 250 kph
The maximum lateral force generated on the lap is 3.8 G in Turn 13
The 230m run from pole to the apex of Turn 1 is the third shortest of the year after Monaco and Valencia
The cars spend 8.2s cornering in the double right-hander at Turns 10 and 11

Michael Schumacher
The Formula One debut of India last year was certainly a success. There were a surprising amount of fans during the weekend, and the track itself really is cool. We drivers were given a very enthusiastic reception, and it will be interesting to see if this enthusiasm has remained as strong. After two races which have not been totally satisfying, we naturally wish for a more positive trend to come, and I can say that everybody in the team has put in a lot of effort to achieve it. Let's see what we can make out of it.

Nico Rosberg
The Buddh International Circuit is very challenging with an interesting combination of slow speed corners and long fast straights. The track also has one of the highest average speeds in Formula One and is good for overtaking. Last year I was really impressed by the passion and friendliness of the Indian people so I'm looking forward to visiting again and having some more interesting experiences. I hope that I will have a bit more luck than recently next weekend, and I will have the chance to achieve a good result.

Ross Brawn
Next week will see Formula One's second visit to India following the inaugural Grand Prix at the Buddh International Circuit in October 2011. This year, our team is very pleased to be partnering with Airtel, title sponsors of the race, and we look forward to sharing our Indian Grand Prix experience with them. It's always a pleasure to welcome new fans to our sport, and Formula One certainly seemed to capture the imagination of those who came to the circuit last year. The facilities are very impressive, and the track proved a good challenge for the drivers.

Norbert Haug
After a successful inaugural race last year, we are all excited to return to the Buddh International Circuit for the second edition of the Indian Grand Prix. We received a warm welcome from a very enthusiastic public last year and it was impressive to see the prestige Formula One enjoyed with the people on its first visit to India. Following two long straights, and one shorter one, the circuit offers a challenging flow of corners from turns 5 to 15, especially the long right-hander at turns 10 and 11. This puts high loads through the front-left tyre, while the expected temperatures in excess of 30°C will also make for additional challenges.

News - Sport: Towcester and the villages in NN12 (NN12)

Back
Top Bottom