What's new

The Fight against PKK Terrorism

Already tried and failed when pkk dogs killed 2 policemen in their sleep.
They all need to die or surrender now.

I somehow on side of turkey because Kurd also fight us PKK . They doesn't have a life just pickup gun from childhood and fight till they die.

Turkey needs to throw those OTOKAR piece of sh1t in the ocean and only drive HUGE Mraps in that region. The Cobra has it's use, but not when large IEDs are placed. Large MRAPS are a priority. Get on it Turkish defence companies! Altay can wait a few months. Get a good MRAP in large numbers.

Turkey needs to throw those OTOKAR piece of sh1t in the ocean and only drive HUGE Mraps in that region. The Cobra has it's use, but not when large IEDs are placed. Large MRAPS are a priority. Get on it Turkish defence companies! Altay can wait a few months. Get a good MRAP in large numbers.

I don't think an MRAP would have survived this hit though.

This is an opportunity they've been waiting to milk because despite all their recent activity, almost each attack has led to multiple casualties.

I don't think an MRAP would have survived this hit though.

This is an opportunity they've been waiting to milk because despite all their recent activity, almost each attack has led to multiple casualties.

Well indeed you can always increase the size on an MRAP. The OTOKAR Cobra does have a V-shaped hull no? That's good anyway. Hope there are no more Ford Transit Connect 'military vehicles' anymore, or police for that matter. OTOKAR Cobra is the minimum. And send more MRAPs there.

@Bismarck. Mein Bester. There were delivered PF3 and others to the Yezides on Peschmerga side. And they are mostly now in PKK s hand. Our press sometimes has not enough tech knowledge. I will ask friends about the MILAN scrap in ADANA. I am sure I can provide you echte Informationen. BTW Milans are not suited for guerilla warfare.

Even a Tank can be blowed up, its unfair to call Cobra peace of sh1t when it gets destroyed by amout of explosives that it isnt made for.

@Yenikuyu I was busy and couldnt get infos about SIIRT incident. Was it an ancient BTR? Even a heavy modern MRAP can not protect 100%. Patrols must stopped on heavy risky roads .And new technology high energy radiation EMPs must be tested. Against wired , I always say classic jammers are non effective. We should take some immediately from ISRAEL and Russia.

Even a Tank can be blowed up, its unfair to call Cobra peace of sh1t when it gets destroyed by amout of explosives that it isnt made for.

Yeah that's right. Moment of anger. Anyway, I think there needs to be a tender for the best MRAP out there. Being able to withstand most IEDs and still be quite agile and not too heavy. The Cobra's can go to other areas.

I'm on mobile so I can't link anything but recently the Taliban has released a lot of new footage.

Surprise surprise, you can see MRAPS being blown to pieces as if they're made out of cardboard.

And yes, it was a Cobra APC and it was lifted in to the air and flew some meters.

Maybe some lives could be saved if everyone was strapped in but I'm not sure if there was any armor penetration or not.

@Bismarck. Mein Bester. There were delivered PF3 and others to the Yezides on Peschmerga side. And they are mostly now in PKK s hand. Our press sometimes has not enough tech knowledge. I will ask friends about the MILAN scrap in ADANA. I am sure I can provide you echte Informationen. BTW Milans are not suited for guerilla warfare.

BS. Milan is very deadly. Any ATGM can be set up in 20-30 seconds, and used to blow up pretty much any rolling armor/fortification from about 3-5 km away, with very little chance of being seen.

Even a Tank can be blowed up, its unfair to call Cobra peace of sh1t when it gets destroyed by amount of explosives that it isn't made for.

Yup, here's a 60 (short) ton Abrams being tossed around like its nothing.

This talk of Cobra being ill-suited or out of its element might be true, they aren't MRAPs, but it's not as if MRAPs are invincible either:

The Cobra is fine, nothing is going to stand against large IEDs, not even the mighty Abrams with all its upgrades due to operational experience in Iraq. Upgrades designed to make the Abrams more resistant to IEDs.

@xenon54 any interest on the Turkish side for a MCLC for IED clearing? Like Abrams, Altay could support two MCLC charges for demolition duties.

maxresdefault.jpg

The US uses these to clear paths before moving troops and they do a damn good job at clearing mines and IED. If the IED isn't destroyed (for insensitive) or detonated (non-insenstive), their trigger, such as a wire, isn't likely to survive the blast rendering the IED useless.

It's an expensive option, but Turkish lives are even more costly and I'd rather our brother remain safe.

The other options are jammers:

2065036092_17e88fc250_b.jpg

450156d1339647674-anyone-interested-404-snorkel-131_1001_04_z-mrap_military_vehicles-agur_qu_ziggurat_baghdad.jpg

but these aren't too effective against victim-detonated IEDs, such as pressure sensors, wires or daisy-chains. They will disrupt command detonated IEDs using electronic commands, which are the most common type of IED.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bro. Milan's are heavy. If you want to transport them you need mules or some suvs to position shoot and flee. These rats can use that heavy weapons if they have fixed fortifications.

@xenon54 any interest on the Turkish side for a MCLC for IED clearing? Like Abrams, Altay could support two MCLC charges for demolition duties.
Never seen anything about this in Altay Thread maybe @cabatli_53 knows something but Turkey does barely use Tanks agains pkk since the topography isnt suitable, maybe light tanks could do the job but then again its wont be as safe as Altay agains IEDs.

So in short i dont think the MCLC upgrade on Altay could be used against pkk, Airforce is the only thing that can be used in SE Turkey against pkk.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom