What's new

The end of the deal, hopes, delusions and treasons

Raefipour explains how liberals look at the security of the country, at the honor of the country, at everything the country has from the electoral prism. All they seem to care about is how to get votes at elections.

In the midst of ongoing nuclear negotiations during Khatami's presidency, Javad Zarif was filmed telling the IAEA's former director general Mohammed El-Baradei: "Some candidates at the election will benefit from us losing this negotiation. They will not see favorably a success in these talks."

When liberal Tehran daily Hamshahri asked reformist mastermind Mostafa Tajzadeh shortly before the 2020 legislative election whether he believes his camp can once again be successful considering the questionable performance of outgoing liberal MP's, Tajzadeh replies that people do not vote in the past, they vote for the future. Upon the question whether past experience is weighing on voters' choice, Tajzadeh says "voters will look to see if we drew lessons from that experience or not."

Meaning, Raefipour deciphers, don't worry, we know very well how to raise certain issues which will push people to vote for us. Like for instance, generating a polarity in society by stoking fears that Instagram might get filtered - and the one who says "it shouldn't" (i.e. the liberal candidate) will then be viewed as a hero.

Last edited:
wonder who paid the price and what was it?
Rouhani is your Gorbachev

Rouhani won’t even be in power for the new deal.

Raisi will agree to continue negotiations and commit to returning to JCPOA because the Iranian economy is anemic. Anyone thinking a country with 400B GDP should be growing at 2% a year doesn’t know a damn thing about economics.

Iran should be growing minimum 5% per year and under a economic revolution/prosperity probably 7-10%.

Raisi will agree to continue negotiations and commit to returning to JCPOA because the Iranian economy is anemic. Anyone thinking a country with 400B GDP should be growing at 2% a year doesn’t know a damn thing about economics.

Iran should be growing minimum 5% per year and under a economic revolution/prosperity probably 7-10%.
And this kind of growth rate will not happen either because of foreign policy. Western world seeks to punish Iran for it.

And this kind of growth rate will not happen either because of foreign policy. Western world seeks to punish Iran for it.

Its not just the West, it’s Iran itself. Look how many countries in the world are under zero US sanctions but have anemic growth. The underlying answer is usually the governments. Draconian sanctions only exacerbated the problem, but isn’t the sole cause. After 1990-2008 Iran was relatively sanction free aside from trade with the US.

Iran’s government still does not have a unified policy on rooting out corruption and introducing gamechanging economic policies. Lobbyists and corruption still dominate the decision making structure.

I doubt that returning (though Iran never left it) is gonna take place unless Raeis/IR be ready for second round of talks on other issues like missiles and region within months after reaching an understanding over JCPoA which is highly unlikely esp by American enjoying DRM mechanism in that scenario + Trump sanctions ... otherwise as agreeing over JCPoA is decided by "Nezam" then change of governments wouldn't be a matter to wait for on the contrary it is better for Raesi as it takes place in current administration therefore he could blame Rouhani in case of any failure .. seeing it not happening means IR has not been satisfied by talks and is taking return of the US more problematic than current status que ...
My view is there is no guarantee that American could provide that they would never use DRM mechanism as Iran has demanded during talks ... we well know all types of agreements or treaties whether passed by congress or not or be the UNSCRs have been violated by the US so nothing could be guaranteed ..
Hence everything like American behavior regarding the deal is directly based on our decisions and plans.

Iran is facing the greatest economic warfare inflicted on any country in history. countries in total war mode have had much better trading options then Iran. I guarantee you this with 110% certainty. take any western wealthy nation. any one pick on sweden? denmark? australia?

inflict only half the amount of sanctions on their industries that Iran has. and see how long it take before mass starvation starts taking effect. weeks to months maximum

I dont think the Iranian government gets any credit for maintaining economic survival in these times. i doubt there is any other government on earth that couold do much better given the circumstances. there is no starvation in IRan. There is no shortages of any essentials. there is no shortage of fuel. banks are solvent. and there is even economic growth. obviously the economy is depressed and that is little consolation to an unemployed person...... but facts are still facts.

If anybody is upset about Irans economic situation. the blame lies 110% on western/american imperialism. by blaming the government and burning things down, and causing instability. You are acting as a dumb pawn, and contributing to this american imposed economic warfare against Iran.

Iran is facing the greatest economic warfare inflicted on any country in history. countries in total war mode have had much better trading options then Iran. I guarantee you this with 110% certainty. take any western wealthy nation. any one pick on sweden? denmark? australia?
Very true

I dont think the Iranian government gets any credit for maintaining economic survival in these times. i doubt there is any other government on earth that couold do much better given the circumstances. there is no starvation in IRan. There is no shortages of any essentials. there is no shortage of fuel. banks are solvent. and there is even economic growth. obviously the economy is depressed and that is little consolation to an unemployed person...... but facts are still facts.
If anybody is upset about Irans economic situation. the blame lies 110% on western/american imperialism. by blaming the government and burning things down, and causing instability. You are acting as a dumb pawn, and contributing to this american imposed economic warfare against Iran.

No country on earth may be able to survive such economic pressure that is placed on Iran. It is truly "maximum pressure". That being said, their is without any doubt that many sectors of the economy have suffered from immense mismanagement. The effects of sanctions would be reduced if we had proper educated people in the proper places, but poor management, bad decisions and incorrect analysis exacerbates problems on society. Poor policies/failures -> More printing -> more inflation. Alot of these domestic problems we bring upon ourselves.

از ماست که بر ماست.
نقش غرب و تحریم ها بیش از 30 در صد به نظر من نیست. هرچند همین تحریم ها هم به خاطر سیاست های غلط خودمون میتونه باشه که نتونستیم از گسترششون جلوگیری کنیم.

از ماست که بر ماست.
نقش غرب و تحریم ها بیش از 30 در صد به نظر من نیست. هرچند همین تحریم ها هم به خاطر سیاست های غلط خودمون میتونه باشه که نتونستیم از گسترششون جلوگیری کنیم.
I agree...a country such as Iran that has her own sources of Energy, vast land area for food production, mineral deposits of all kinds and an educated population can not only survive minimum trade with outside world but actually Thrive...what is needed is a Government and a management that can mobilize all the resources of the country....This is what has been lacking.... Trade is good but not necessary for for survival and yes only countries that have Iran's resources can do that . (and there are very few of those countries in the world may be 6 !) ... I put my hopes in the new Government to make things better ....:azn:

Back
Top Bottom