What's new

The Echidna of Terrorism: Final Chapter-Ultimate solution?

mere khayal me taliban ki Arr me aur bohut sare group mulki wa ghair mulki apna kirdar ada kar rahe ha har kese k apne maqasid ha.
jese k swat me jab taliban power me hogae tu wo log jo zati dushmani raktay thay badla lene k liye taliban me shamil hogae aur jo manshiat ki karobar karthay thay unho ne b taliban k sath melne me afiat samje aur wo badqismat log b jo sirf madrase me pare thay.
isliye bat cheet se he ye masla hal hosakta kionke aik terrorist marne se 2 ya is se ziada aur peda hojate ha badla lene k liy aur tesra ye k yaksa taleeme nisab hona chahiye jo islam ki asli talemat ho aur fata me taleem aur logo k haqooq k liye toos aqdamaat karne honge.......

Hello Mr.Khan,
Welcome to PDF...
First of all,please write in English,as it is contrary to PDF rules.
Now coming on point,Indeed the situation is much more complicated as it appears.
The point which you have raised that a lot people join TTP in order to take revenge leads us to 'drone strike portal'
Why is that so?because when they launch missile on their target,the missile destroys lives of common civilians too as we have discussed in chapter 2 of this report,thus I suggest you to read it as well.
Thus government of Pakistan must work on to halt drone strikes as it will increase hatred and extremism,but seeing current pathetic report of defense ministry,it does not appear that they are serious to take action in this regard,in fact in earlier draft policy,they have not even discussed the 'drone issue' but has identified Russians, Iranians and Indians as a source of proxy war.
Thus such biased,pathetic policy will not workout and will hinder all the efforts taken to resolve problems.

-Regards

Is TTP’s presence and parallel existence of their version with our constitution is acceptable or not?
The answer is ‘No’ according to my analysis as TTP’s base is dependent upon ‘violence’ and complete annihilation of all those mindsets whose philosophy reciprocates or contradicts with their ideology.

Spot on.

In case of India, we must believe ‘pressurize policy’ by bringing dialogues at UN level. We must raise the issue of Indians causing insurgency such as ‘operation deep strike’ in Pakistan and pressurize Indian regime via UN to avoid such insurgencies as such attempts are supporting terrorists directly.

We must address to UN saying that:
“Indian attempts such as ‘Operation Deep strike’ are helping terrorism to grow in Pakistan”. We must project and highlight that: “If we fail to counter insurgency due to Indian attempts then Pakistan will become unstable as a result of which we will not be in a position to fight as a front line ally. If UN want us to fight terror and is willing to see success, then it must refrain Indians to interfere and support terrorism by giving damage to Pakistan via insurgency”.

The only other point I will address. A decent analysis slightly messed up with the standard throwing in of the India bogey. You will go to the U.N.? When you harbour designated terrorists? There is a limit to whining about how you will fail & therefore the world should do something. Settle disputes with India(won't be on your terms) or freeze them. Can't expect to keep the Indian side burning & still demand that no one else does what you are doing (Not accepting Indian involvement but suggesting that even if present, is routed in Pakistani actions) The U.N. route is pretty much of a non-starter, what you need are direct lines of communication with India. Blackmailing while holding a gun to one's head has limits in how long anyone will be interested.

Spot on.

The only other point I will address. A decent analysis slightly messed up with the standard throwing in of the India bogey. You will go to the U.N.? When you harbour designated terrorists? There is a limit to whining about how you will fail & therefore the world should do something. Settle disputes with India(won't be on your terms) or freeze them. Can't expect to keep the Indian side burning & still demand that no one else does what you are doing (Not accepting Indian involvement but suggesting that even if present, is routed in Pakistani actions) The U.N. route is pretty much of a non-starter, what you need are direct lines of communication with India. Blackmailing while holding a gun to one's head has limits in how long anyone will be interested.

We will not compromise with India on issues, where your nation is at fault.

You should get it through your head.

We will not compromise with India on issues, where your nation is at fault.

You should get it through your head.

Did you see me whining? I was replying to a post which had a portion that was.

There is a huge difference between direct negotiations and projecting policies for UN.
I have suggested this 'pressurize' strategy to avoid Indian interruption in future in case of failure of negotiations.
When Indian regime can continuously whine of 'state sponsored terrorism' and India is burning, although government of Pakistan has taken strict actions against such terrorists outfits,so why not Pakistan can respond in same tone as in case of Operation deep strike? stating it as Indian sponsored insurgency?
It is not about whining,it is about responding and projecting proper policy,as Indian interruption will create difficulties for Pakistan to counter terrorism and to fulfil US 'Do more policy'.

There is a huge difference between direct negotiations and projecting policies for UN.
I have suggested this 'pressurize' strategy to avoid Indian interruption in future in case of failure of negotiations.
When Indian regime can continuously whine of 'state sponsored terrorism' and India is burning, although government of Pakistan has taken strict actions against such terrorists outfits,so why not Pakistan can respond in same tone as in case of Operation deep strike? stating it as Indian sponsored insurgency?
It is not about whining,it is about responding and projecting proper policy,as Indian interruption will create difficulties for Pakistan to counter terrorism and to fulfil US 'Do more policy'.

Did you actually report my post? Crazy!

Your argument is inconsistent with Pakistan's present position in the world. There are no takers for your arguments. Anywhere. You have no proof of Indian interference. Pretty much the whole world has proof of your support to terrorist organisations. You are welcome to do anything but no one cares much for Pakistan's protests. Your government is protesting the killing of the TTP leader. Go figure! Try to then convince the world that you aren't a crazy bunch. My point was straightforward, Even if India were interfering, it would still hark back to your own interference in India. Nobody, not the UN, not anyone else will buy your argument. Why I said you need to freeze disputes with India. Expecting India to turn the other cheek when your country has chaps like Hafeez Saeed walking around freely simply won't wash.

Ultimate solution is to start charging, all sort of transit through Pakistan. All terrorism will come to stop.
In the end you will see previous govt. fully involved in all terrorism and with its departure, its appointed officials are loosing control, hence the terror setup is already disturbed.
Therefore, those foreign forces, who were behind terrorism will start early to pacify new govt. overtly and covertly.

I wonder, why OP has ignored the interview of former DG ISI Zia-ud-Din Butt, who said that before 9-11 CIA was not interested in discussing OBL, and why would Al-Qaeeda backed TTP terrorists, enjoy safe heavens just across the border, where US and NATO forces are suppose to be on high guard?
I wonder, why OP would not consider BLA, operating in same theatre and region.
I wonder, how OP will link the efforts against Pak army to deny them access to combat helis and drones, which is a perfect tool to operate in border areas of Afghanistan, against terrorists.
I wonder, how OP would ignore the destruction of anti submarine air crafts and early warning erieye radars, by the hands of TTP.
I wonder, how OP would de-link the terror connection with the media, who is always there for all terror outfits, as there own communication wing.

SWAT operation outcome, has clearly exhibited that TTP is any thing but Islamic, and how come a so called ideological organization, will drop its ideology in on going peace deal?

What I suspect, it always has been and will remain a war against Pak army, new is efforts focussing disintegration of Pak army by involving them in various fronts. i.e. Indian border, Iran border, Afghan border and within the border.

Whereas, given issue is much more complex, than a common person can visualize, what we shall focus is on ground reality.
While, ground reality is that we have open borders and have no functioning civil institution, we failed to hand over official sentence to a single terrorist.... lot more can be said........ more to come.

Last edited:
First of all Mr.Banglore,
mind your language,I am not selling my report,if you have problems,then I can't do any thing.
Second,our civil regime is not protesting because a terrorist was killed,but because it was contrary to our strategy as we were negotiating to settle out this matter via peace talks with them- option A of settling this issue,while in case of failure we will go through option B-full fledge operation clean up.
We are also protesting of US interruption,as it will sabotage peace talks and for crossing limits as US officials have themselves admitted.
Now coming on point,before pointing us,you better also see your civil regimes attitude for whining over Pakistan and always accusing us for being involved in supporting proxy wars in India via LET,LEj etc,although Pakistan has declared them and backlisted them.
One of the prime examples of such accusation was samjhota express,in which Indian authorities were chanting the involvement of LET and building pressure,even investigations were not completed,but your regime blamed completely Pakistan and projected our complete involvement,which later on turned out to be something else.
According to the mirror explodes, 19 July:
There have been number of breaks in the investigation of the bombings.AS of 2011,nobody has been charged for the crime through it has been linked to Abhinav Bharat-A fundamentalist group.
The times of India 12 February 2012 states:
on February 12,2012 the national investigation agency of India arrested a suspect identified as Kamal Chapman,former RSS worker from the Indore district in the state of madiya pardesh and conducted intense questioning.
According to sources,chouhan had possible role in planting bomb in the train.chouhan is behind to be a close aide of ramji kalsangra and sandeep dange,the two key indian suspects.
The national investigation agency is likely to file a fresh chargesheet in a next couple of days which will name kamal chouhan and amit chouhan as 2 alleged bombers along with Lokesh Sharma and ranjendara Pehelvenaam who planted four bombs suitcase.
Plus insurgencies carried out by Indians such as operation 7 sisters,operations Rehber and other operations declared by your own media,government and other important sources.
So,Indian regime can do anything,but Pakistan regime can't?
We don't need your God damn dictation to decide or plan our strategy for Pakistan's interest.
If our civil regime has lapses then we are accepting rather then reacting like you and putting blame game.
Now quit detailing the topic and talk with respect, and if you can't then don't-it is better remain silent as we are not keen to hear blame games and useless accusations from you.

Last edited:
I have earlier mentioned of infrastructures structural lapses and weakness of our civil regime,the policy failure and hidden moles within our system,their mechanism of working etc,of as much as i can in my earlier reports,the final chapter is more focused on detailed discussions and analysis on policies adopted by past government and present one and possible solutions to counter insurgencies .
However,we must also realize that such outfits who are funded by foreign elements are not ghosts,infact those elements are masking themselves with such outfits to destroy us,inorder to identify the culprit,you always pull off his mask,so if we are willing to catch those elements who are nourishing them,we must unmask them by annihilating such outfits as a result of which those culprits who are hiding behind them will be exposed naturally.

Last edited:
@Bang Galore
Did you actually report my post? Crazy!

Your argument is inconsistent with Pakistan's present position in the world. There are no takers for your arguments. Anywhere. You have no proof of Indian interference. Pretty much the whole world has proof of your support to terrorist organisations. You are welcome to do anything but no one cares much for Pakistan's protests. Your government is protesting the killing of the TTP leader. Go figure! Try to then convince the world that you aren't a crazy bunch. My point was straightforward, Even if India were interfering, it would still hark back to your own interference in India. Nobody, not the UN, not anyone else will buy your argument. Why I said you need to freeze disputes with India. Expecting India to turn the other cheek when your country has chaps like Hafeez Saeed walking around freely simply won't wash.

Let the website settle , for one . Weird things are happening at the moment .

Where's it coming from ? :azn: The real argument is precisely what has " India " done and what is it doing , not the present position of my country . This has nothing to do with ' world's perception of Pakistan ' since well your country insists on everything , bilateral whilst doing nothing to address the real issue , that is the problem , do you see it ? . Pakistan at least has recognized the terrorist organization as such and blacklisted them , what has India done to stop the terrorism happening from its soil ? There are no takers for " India is an angel " here sadly , too . Islamabad has firm proof of Indian involvement in Baluchistan and the stance is supported by the recent statements of Indian generals and American personnel too , remember Chuck Hagel ? . The Govt of Pakistan - even though I am against any peace talks - requested no drone strikes during the process and that is what , it is protesting against . If there was enough tangible evidence against Saeed , the Govt would have prosecuted him by now seeing the International pressure , as it appears , there's none . Playing the blame game has never been of any use .

Last edited:
@Bang Galore

Let the website settle , for one . Weird things are happening at the moment .

Where's it coming from ? :azn: The real argument is precisely what has " India " done and what is it doing , not the present position of my country . This has nothing to do with ' world's perception of Pakistan ' since well your country insists on everything , bilateral whilst doing nothing to address the real issue , that is the problem , do you see it ? . Pakistan at least has recognized the terrorist organization as such and blacklisted them , what has India done to stop the terrorism happening from its soil ? There are no takers for " India is an angel " here sadly , too . Islamabad has firm proof of Indian involvement in Baluchistan and the stance is supported by the recent statements of Indian generals and American personnel too , remember Chuck Hagel ? . The Govt of Pakistan - even though I am against any peace talks - requested no drone strikes during the process and that is what , it is protesting against . If there was enough tangible evidence against Saeed , the Govt would have prosecuted him by now seeing the International pressure , as it appears , there's none . Playing the blame game has never been of any use .
Yes,you are right,there is really something wrong,especially for softwares designed for mobile devices,I myself am astonished to see that report x1 underMr.Banglore's post,although I haven't clicked 'report' button,but looking for edit option actually.
Secondly,spot on mate....putting blame game on one another and war mongering is not solution of all such tensions and Pak-India tensions is not even a topic under consideration here,but possible solutions and policies to counter insurgencies and weak spot within our infra structure and response of civil regime is-

@Bang Galore
Where's it coming from ? :azn: The real argument is precisely what has " India " done and what is it doing , not the present position of my country . This has nothing to do with ' world's perception of Pakistan ' since well your country insists on everything , bilateral whilst doing nothing to address the real issue , that is the problem , do you see it ? .

My last post on this subject as @Slav Defence pointed out, we are digressing from the main topic.

There is no thing as a "real" argument, what seems real to you is not what is perceived elsewhere. The only reason that Pakistan cannot solve issues with India is a complete lack of appreciation of what can & cannot be done. Musharraf came close but since him. Pakistan's position has waffled around to a point where no one in India is willing to bet on a settlement.

Pakistan at least has recognized the terrorist organization as such and blacklisted them , what has India done to stop the terrorism happening from its soil ?

Pakistan's position on terrorism is laughable & there is no point going into that here, I'm sure you get what I am saying. What terrorism from Indian soil?

There are no takers for " India is an angel " here sadly , too . Islamabad has firm proof of Indian involvement in Baluchistan and the stance is supported by the recent statements of Indian generals and American personnel too , remember Chuck Hagel ?

Neither Chuck Hagel nor the Indian Gen. V.K. Singh made anything more than general comments and it takes a very peculiar sort of mind to read more into that. If Pakistan has proof, it should really try & convince someone.

If there was enough tangible evidence against Saeed , the Govt would have prosecuted him by now seeing the International pressure , as it appears , there's none . Playing the blame game has never been of any use .

Your government has never bothered to prosecute Hafiz Saeed on the Mumbai blasts, that lie was nailed a long time ago. This was a chap who founded the LeT and you guys pretend he is a charity worker. If prosecutable evidence in a Pakistani court is the basis, then maybe you should provide similar evidence against Indian involvement that you claim. Till then, best to give it a rest. 
First of all Mr.Banglore,
mind your language,I am not selling my report,if you have problems,then I can't do any thing.

No idea what you mean by "mind your language". No idea why you are getting worked up.

Second,our civil regime is not protesting because a terrorist was killed,but because it was contrary to our strategy as we were negotiating to settle out this matter via peace talks with them- option A of settling this issue,while in case of failure we will go through option B-full fledge operation clean up.
We are also protesting of US interruption,as it will sabotage peace talks and for crossing limits as US officials have themselves admitted.

Kind of irrelevant, the world sees you protesting a terrorist's death.

Now coming on point,before pointing us,you better also see your civil regimes attitude for whining over Pakistan and always accusing us for being involved in supporting proxy wars in India via LET,LEj etc,although Pakistan has declared them and backlisted them.

.....and still allowing them to operate freely.

One of the prime examples of such accusation was samjhota express,in which Indian authorities were chanting the involvement of LET and building pressure,even investigations were not completed,but your regime blamed completely Pakistan and projected our complete involvement,which later on turned out to be something else.
According to the mirror explodes, 19 July:
There have been number of breaks in the investigation of the bombings.AS of 2011,nobody has been charged for the crime through it has been linked to Abhinav Bharat-A fundamentalist group.
The times of India 12 February 2012 states:
on February 12,2012 the national investigation agency of India arrested a suspect identified as Kamal Chapman,former RSS worker from the Indore district in the state of madiya pardesh and conducted intense questioning.
According to sources,chouhan had possible role in planting bomb in the train.chouhan is behind to be a close aide of ramji kalsangra and sandeep dange,the two key indian suspects.
The national investigation agency is likely to file a fresh chargesheet in a next couple of days which will name kamal chouhan and amit chouhan as 2 alleged bombers along with Lokesh Sharma and ranjendara Pehelvenaam who planted four bombs suitcase.

....and who found out differently? Was it not Indian agencies? If they wanted to continue blaming Pakistan & not get to the bottom of it, would they have bothered? That's the difference, Pakistan does nothing even when given evidence, India does, even when not.

Plus insurgencies carried out by Indians such as operation 7 sisters,operations Rehber and other operations declared by your own media,government and other important sources.

No idea what you are talking about. General talk......

So,Indian regime can do anything,but Pakistan regime can't?

You already do. Any payback is just a natural outcome of your actions.

We don't need your God damn dictation to decide or plan our strategy for Pakistan's interest.
If our civil regime has lapses then we are accepting rather then reacting like you and putting blame game.
Now quit detailing the topic and talk with respect, and if you can't then don't-it is better remain silent as we are not keen to hear blame games and useless accusations from you.

You brought in India, I responded. The rest of your post is kind of crazy(talk with respect??) and I really am not interested in what you want to hear, I say what I want to say.

Last edited:
Whatever satisfies you.
Wah.......
None is seeing us defending a terrorist except you Mr.Banglore,because if world really does then US authorities would have never accepted of 'crossing their limits' and US understand this very well because US regime herself was willing to have peace settlements with talibans last year,go read newspaper for yourself.So your such accusation is irrelevant nor we care if world assume us of doing so.
In case of samjhota express how boldly you accepted that your extremist party was involved claiming that atleast your regime is taking action while we are not,although I have told you already that our civil regime has blacklisted them,banned them and their Bank accounts are sealed,and we are still taking nessesary measures to halt them whether you agree or disagree.
What your regime and agencies have done you are claiming that you have no idea?how cute!
Wow....
Having useless and fruitless conversation with you is something which I will definitely will not prefer as there is no end of this blame game and useless accusations,thus wasting my time and energy.
------------------------------------------
On topic,@Secur why do you think that carrying operations is the only ultimate solution?indeed it is,but if some are ready to settle
via peace talks then why not giving it a try?

Last edited:
My last post on this subject as @Slav Defence pointed out, we are digressing from the main topic.

There is no thing as a "real" argument, what seems real to you is not what is perceived elsewhere. The only reason that Pakistan cannot solve issues with India is a complete lack of appreciation of what can & cannot be done. Musharraf came close but since him. Pakistan's position has waffled around to a point where no one in India is willing to bet on a settlement.

Pakistan's position on terrorism is laughable & there is no point going into that here, I'm sure you get what I am saying. What terrorism from Indian soil?

Neither Chuck Hagel nor the Indian Gen. V.K. Singh made anything more than general comments and it takes a very peculiar sort of mind to read more into that. If Pakistan has proof, it should really try & convince someone.

Your government has never bothered to prosecute Hafiz Saeed on the Mumbai blasts, that lie was nailed a long time ago. This was a chap who founded the LeT and you guys pretend he is a charity worker. If prosecutable evidence in a Pakistani court is the basis, then maybe you should provide similar evidence against Indian involvement that you claim. Till then, best to give it a rest.

Yes indeed , we are . Since the article as it appears was more focused on the Pakistan's domestic issues and not the International relations . No , there's a real argument here since well your country doesn't believe in foreign intervention to normalize relations , all things bilateral as they say . So where does the " world " or its " perception of Pakistan " come in between ? I can see you were answering his post but it doesn't match with the usual response now , does it ? To be brutally honest , Islamabad has never been so willing and eager to settle things with India than now , ever since the democratic Govts and before them even Musharraf , the Indian complaints of " not willing " or " buying time " doesn't appear true , it more seems that Delhi's not serious for the settlement of disputes or resolving issues through even bilateral talks , which it harps on whenever Pakistan goes on International forums . Musharraf came close but Manmohan backed off , dont know fearing what , since the power that man yielded was unmatched in the history of the country . It isn't , considering the difficult fight , the country has had with the Afghans since its inception , the Soviet invasion and the outcomes and the groups that are outside its control , it isn't what we would call " normal " for a state , but yet it is true and understandable . I told you that nobody believes the " India is angel " thing , you keep on talking about , most recently here in " What terrorism from Indian soil ? " , supporting insurgencies via a third country is the same . They were more than general comments on " sensitive topics " if you read them carefully . My Govt has tried , but you have never provided " sufficient evidence " , otherwise Mr.Saeed isn't such an influential or an important person , to be allowed to roam free , despite all the International pressure . 
On topic,@Secur why do you think that carrying operations is the only ultimate solution?indeed it is,but if some are ready to settle
via peace talks then why not giving it a try?

Even if I were to accept some are indeed ready , what exactly are you going to talk with them on ? Do we have a common ground ? We did wait for them after the APC and what happened ? Did we achieve peace during that time ? Ready to watch them make a mockery of the whole state , the constitution and everything we have with their ridiculous and insane demands and allow their propaganda to flourish and infect/poison more confused people's minds ? The truth is that no terrorist is serious in talks , they are just buying more time and integrating themselves further in the society and that is it . What cure is there , you tell me , if not for an all out operation seeing how the democrats have bend over backwards to the murderers of 64,000 Pakistanis ?

Last edited:
Yes indeed , we are . Since the article as it appears was more focused on the Pakistan's domestic issues and not the International relations . No , there's a real argument here since well your country doesn't believe in foreign intervention to normalize relations , all things bilateral as they say . So where does the " world " or its " perception of Pakistan " come in between ? I can see you were answering his post but it doesn't match with the usual response now , does it ? To be brutally honest , Islamabad has never been so willing and eager to settle things with India than now , ever since the democratic Govts and before them even Musharraf , the Indian complaints of " not willing " or " buying time " doesn't appear true , it more seems that Delhi's not serious for the settlement of disputes or resolving issues through even bilateral talks , which it harps on whenever Pakistan goes on International forums . Musharraf came close but Manmohan backed off , dont know fearing what , since the power that man yielded was unmatched in the history of the country . It isn't , considering the difficult fight , the country has had with the Afghans since its inception , the Soviet invasion and the outcomes and the groups that are outside its control , it isn't what we would call " normal " for a state , but yet it is true and understandable . I told you that nobody believes the " India is angel " thing , you keep on talking about , most recently here in " What terrorism from Indian soil ? " , supporting insurgencies via a third country is the same . They were more than general comments on " sensitive topics " if you read them carefully . My Govt has tried , but you have never provided " sufficient evidence " , otherwise Mr.Saeed isn't such an influential or an important person , to be allowed to roam free , despite all the International pressure . 

Even if I were to accept some are indeed ready , what exactly are you going to talk with them on ? Do we have a common ground ? We did wait for them after the APC and what happened ? Did we achieve peace during that time ? Ready to watch them make a mockery of the whole state , the constitution and everything we have with their ridiculous and insane demands and allow their propaganda to flourish and infect/poison more confused people's minds ? The truth is that no terrorist is serious in talks , they are just buying more time and integrating themselves further in the society and that is it . What cure is there , you tell me , if not for an all out operation seeing how the democrats have bend over backwards to the murderers of 64,000 Pakistanis ?
Exactly,mate...exactly...there is not a single word of your practical statement which I will deny.
That is why a question arises here that why for peace settlements when talibans will mock our constitution?
Let us understand one point very clearly that exactly what is our objective to offer of peace settlement?
-Are we willing to compromise with them or accepting their writ?

Or

-We are seeking of temporary desired benefits to weaken them?

If our intention is matching with the first point,then this is really dangerous and harmful and has various disadvantages,as taliban's power will increase,their influence will strengthen and will become a greater threat as you have stated earlier.
However,if our objective is to use peace settlement temporarily as a tool to weaken them ,then we may achieve some benifits.
This attempt can be made to clear confusion and to silent those mindsets who have sympathies for these brutal talibans and who are making attempts to demonize nessesary operations carried out by PA in past history.
We know because of their past attitude that they aren't serious,however our persistence for peace settlement as an initiative to resolve will project an image that civil regime and PA are serious to settle matter at any cost as a result of which it will reduce effect of pro talibans lobby at every level ,as they will clearly see once again of taliban's attitude and will not object any longer against possible,selective operations as well as those who are demonizing this will loose their influence to some extent as well.
Remember,as I have stated earlier in my report that we cannot afford their parallel existence with us and reasoned you as well,so the motive of our peace settlement will be to obtain temporary gains only rather then accepting their version and may bound to it's allies or TTP for share of resources,if we approach towards it's allies for same settlement.
So,why not to give a try on temporary basis as if our intention is not to surrender but an approach to use it as a tool?

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom