What's new

The Difference between Taliban and MQM

@ pAK MARINE

well NAIMATULLAH laid the foundations for development and MQM had to follow WILLINGLY or UNWILLINGLY.....

secondly MQM nazim goes to US meets clinton....hell haven't heard of PUNJAB nazim (lahore is after all more developed) or indian nazim or any other nazim going to meet BILL CLINTON.....

hmmmmm intresting...makes you wonder the link between JINNAHPUR,CAMERAS IN KARACHI,USA,MQM LEADER CALLING PAKISTAN A MISTAKE......

Fear of Taliban influx looms in Karachi -- Dawn news
(""not mqm sayin this time""! )

Sunday, 17 May, 2009 | 01:54 PM PST | Pakistani women walk to a bus in Ittehad Town, one of the neighborhoods in the western district of Karachi, Pakistan where Taliban from war-torn Waziristan come and live to rest or get medical treatment. – AP Pakistan
Pakistan’s Swat offensive leaves India sceptical Special Report Peshawar KARACHI: Taliban fighters seeking money, rest and refuge from US missile strikes are turning up in increasing numbers in Pakistan's largest city and economic hub, Karachi, according to militants, police officials and an intelligence memo.

The Taliban presence in this southern port city, hundreds of miles away from the Islamist extremists' strongholds in the northwest, shows how quickly their influence is spreading throughout the nuclear-armed nation.

Karachi is especially important because it is the main entryway for supplies headed to US and Nato forces in Afghanistan, as well as the city most critical to Pakistani commerce. Few believe the Taliban could actually take over this diverse metropolis of more than 16 million, but there is fear that they could destabilize it through violence and rock the already shaky national economy.

Karachi is a place where plenty of Western-dressed young men and women mingle in swanky malls, listen to Britney Spears and cruise through neighbourhoods that feel like wealthy US suburbs.

As the Pakistan military intensifies its attacks in the northwest and the US keeps launching missiles there, more insurgents are seeking safety in Karachi and other urban areas, militants said.

‘We come in different batches to Karachi to rest and if needed, get medical treatment, and stay with many of our brothers who are living here in large numbers,’ 32-year-old militant Omar Gul Mehsud told The Associated Press while strolling along the beach, astonished at the vastness of the sea, which he'd never seen before.

Shah Jahan, a 35-year-old who said he commands about 24 Taliban fighters in the South Waziristan tribal region, told the AP that militants are scattering throughout Pakistan to avoid the US missile strikes. He said groups of 20 to 25 fighters would fight for a few months, then take leaves of up to one month in cities including Karachi.

‘We are more alert and cautious following the drone attacks, and we understand that it is not a wise approach to concentrate in a large number in the war-torn areas,’ he said.

On the outskirts of Karachi, large settlements of Afghan and Pakistani refugees have swelled over the past year by as many as 200,000 people. These refugees are mostly Pashtun, the ethnic group that dominates the militancy. An intelligence report obtained by the AP warns that such neighborhoods have become favored hideouts for militants linked to Baitullah Mehsud, Pakistan's top Taliban commander.

The report from the police's Special Branch says Mehsud-linked militants are arriving in batches of 20 to 25 every 30 to 35 days ‘for rest as well as for generating funds.’ It adds that the militants make money ‘through criminal activities like kidnapping for ransom, bank robbery, street robbery and other heinous crimes.’

The various settlements – dilapidated, poor, crime-ridden and wary of outsiders –sit along major entry and exit points to the city from east to west.
‘That's a very alarming formation,’ a senior official at the Intelligence Bureau, another spy agency, told AP on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak on the record.

The Sohrab Goth neighborhood, for instance, is next to Super Highway, a major thoroughfare for materials heading to Afghan-based US and Nato forces. Past ethnic violence in the area, including as recently as December, has led to shutdowns of the highway.

Senior police officer Raja Omar Khatab told AP that investigations showed earth-excavation companies owned by members of the Mehsud tribe were helping fund the Taliban.

‘Forcibly or voluntarily, they are bound to pay 40 per cent of their earnings to Baitullah because they belong to that tribe and they are concerned about their survival and their links to their tribe,’ said Khatab, who has twice been a target of militant attacks.

A.D. Khowaja, another senior police official, said up to a third of Karachi bank robberies in the past two or three years were believed to help fund militant groups including the Taliban. Police statistics show in 2008, 29 robberies of banks or their cash-carrying vehicles were reported in Karachi, with losses of nearly a million dollars.

In general, analysts, political leaders and security officials agree the Taliban has a network in Karachi, but differ on the number of militants and the immediacy of the threat.

@ pAK MARINE

well NAIMATULLAH laid the foundations for development and MQM had to follow WILLINGLY or UNWILLINGLY.....

secondly MQM nazim goes to US meets clinton....hell haven't heard of PUNJAB nazim (lahore is after all more developed) or indian nazim or any other nazim going to meet BILL CLINTON.....

hmmmmm intresting...makes you wonder the link between JINNAHPUR,CAMERAS IN KARACHI,USA,MQM LEADER CALLING PAKISTAN A MISTAKE......

Zob , no offence brother u dont have an argument ... !

I have posted a clip FYI please read ! a few days back there was a post closd for some "modifications" Landmafia etcc i m sure u remember today a leading newspaper have headline news saying the same thing what mqm is saying from months now....... I just wonder when wil we get over this ignorant behaviour !!? ,,,,, i dont see any one startin a new thread ...... i would love to see what tunel visioners have to say this time !! ????

Whats going on here, this forum is becoming more n more MQM bashing forum, I am not saying that just because MQM is saint well ANP, PPP, PML(N) neither.

We must not forget the unity of our people especially in this difficult time, our jawans are giving their lives not because they are mohajir or pathan or panjabis or whatever, they are sacrificing their lives for the country.

For ZOB and ROKHANYOUSAFZAI:

Please goto swat and see your own people are charging 3 times more for freight and ticket what they used to , unfortunatly to your own people.

For Hasanain2009:

I am an urdu speaking from Karachi, born and raised here, half of my family are die hard supporter of MQM ofcourse not me. To me Altaf Hussien is the biggest joke itself.

Whats going on here, this forum is becoming more n more MQM bashing forum, I am not saying that just because MQM is saint well ANP, PPP, PML(N) neither.

We must not forget the unity of our people especially in this difficult time, our jawans are giving their lives not because they are mohajir or pathan or panjabis or whatever, they are sacrificing their lives for the country.

For ZOB and ROKHANYOUSAFZAI:

Please goto swat and see your own people are charging 3 times more for freight and ticket what they used to , unfortunatly to your own people.

For Hasanain2009:

I am an urdu speaking from Karachi, born and raised here, half of my family are die hard supporter of MQM ofcourse not me. To me Altaf Hussien is the biggest joke itself.

i know well whats going on in swat its disgusting and i wont defend every pashtoon because there are idiots and greedy theifs everywhere and those souless pigs are no exception however the parties are not involved in that also u should no how many people are helping the IDPs everyone is giving half of their food supply ordinary workers and shop owners are giving away food, ordinary households are letting people in their houses and people are donating from all over pakistan we are united and i thank you for ur wise message this is the one time we need to be united and put all the other things aside and dont blindly judge MQM they are developing karachi but there are negative aspects to them aswell
:cheers:

i know well whats going on in swat its disgusting and i wont defend every pashtoon because there are idiots and greedy theifs everywhere and those souless pigs are no exception however the parties are not involved in that also u should no how many people are helping the IDPs everyone is giving half of their food supply ordinary workers and shop owners are giving away food, ordinary households are letting people in their houses and people are donating from all over pakistan we are united and i thank you for ur wise message this is the one time we need to be united and put all the other things aside and dont blindly judge MQM they are developing karachi but there are negative aspects to them aswell

Well this really finishes the argument its not about politics its about Pakistan , in the end who ever we support the bottom line is our country. So instead of silly , not going any where or going in circle arguments and posts. I think we should focus more on the core fundamentals i.e support The Army at war and most importantly how to get more help to IDPs!!. There is no forum about them its a sham they are pakistanis , we should have some thing where pakistanis know how to send more aid to our people.

.........................................................dont blindly judge MQM they are developing karachi but there are negative aspects to them aswell
:cheers:[/QUOTE]

No one trusts them blindly, mqm / altaf knows they dont have a free hand end of the day its people who vote !!

no performance or bad performance means no more votes!! i.e no more mqm.

.........................................................dont blindly judge MQM they are developing karachi but there are negative aspects to them aswell

No one trusts them blindly, mqm / altaf knows they dont have a free hand end of the day its people who vote !!

no performance or bad performance means no more votes!! i.e no more mqm.[/QUOTE]

this is pakistan you know what people are like alot give their vote because their family has done so for generations and some just blindly vote it happens everywhere i am happy with thier development but some of the criminal elements have to be investigated

this is pakistan you know what people are like alot give their vote because their family has done so for generations and some just blindly vote it happens everywhere i am happy with thier development but some of the criminal elements have to be investigated[/QUOTE]

i agree yes in some parts it does happen .... but in this information era nothin can be hidden every one is watching every thing ... people are more aware than before ..... we now have the media and multiple private channels aired live , finally after many years we can communicate with the world and people can exchange their views all over pak.

The generations old opinion's will change .. with a population of 160million it wil take a few more years , 8 aint enough . There will be much fierce competition btw parties and the dirty politics will finish forever whoever serves people interest will get votes and will automatically provide justice to criminals,Whoever they are !?

The most important thing is what we do at present ... and if we cant figure it out what exactly !? than atleast lets not incite more hatred by raising issues like anp -mqm punjabi -baloch this will do no good but it will provide more grounds to the enemies.

MQM and Taliban are same.
Fight against them to save Pakistan

what is your point Pak marine.....its about PAKISTAN....agreed IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT PAKISTAN....

however this thread is about MQM & TALIBAN similiarities.....if you want to debate about i LOVE PAKISTAN i encourage you to start a thread on it and on it we will both be on the same team however when it comes to MQM vs anyone i would be supporting the latter...unless it is TALIBAN....whom i think are EQUALLY if not WORSE.... as bad!!!!

@SKYWALKER

Ok fair enough....MQM is bad ANP,PPP are all equally bad...!!! however coming to the case in question we are dicsussing TALIBAN & MQM...!!

than atleast lets not incite more hatred by raising issues like anp -mqm punjabi -baloch this will do no good but it will provide more grounds to the enemies.

Ok pak marine you are right let's not incite MORE HATRED....so by saying Pahtans in SHORAB GOTH are terrorists ANP is terrorist.....NWFP people will not be hospitible if URDU speaking go their all these statements only INCITE hatred my friend.....

there is a thin line between blaming TALIBAN & PATHANS.....and by not distinghusing between the two you end up making it look like PATHAN = TALIBAN.....

ZOBsays :
when it comes to MQM vs anyone i would be supporting the latter...[/B]

Here is my point " u said it your self ....... u cant think outside the box!! " u have a biased opinion and thats it !

than atleast lets not incite more hatred by raising issues like anp -mqm punjabi -baloch this will do no good but it will provide more grounds to the enemies.

Ok pak marine you are right let's not incite MORE HATRED....so by saying Pahtans in SHORAB GOTH are terrorists ANP is terrorist.....NWFP people will not be hospitible if URDU speaking go their all these statements only INCITE hatred my friend.....

there is a thin line between blaming TALIBAN & PATHANS.....and by not distinghusing between the two you end up making it look like PATHAN = TALIBAN.....

I have posted above u ignored this again ...! read this link first would u please ? and decide for your self buddy!

DAWN.COM | Metropolitan | Fear of Taliban influx looms in Karachi

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom