What's new

The defense strategy of the Gulf Cooperation Council states

A non-sense topic.
Just like the American almost $4 billion in 'aid' per year to Israel is basically 'corporate welfare' to keep some thousands Americans employed, the GCC military and their capabilities are also 'corporate welfare' to keep some thousands Americans employed. Israel gets to keep expanding while the insecure monarchies in GCC get to keep ruling.

The nature of war has changed--as was demonstrated by Hezbollah against Israel in 2006 and as North Korea could demonstrate against any strike against NK by pulverizing the South Korea and shutting down the enemy's economy.

Richer countries like South Korea or Israel simply can't afford to be shut down for weeks or months or the long term flight of capital and investors' confidence because of dispersed cheaper mobile projectiles and rockets sustained for a long time or be under the threat of that, 'Iron Drone' or not.
US military-industrial complex does not need Israeli $2 Billion aid money to keep their assembly line rolling. US defence budget is $500- $700 billion-plus overpriced sales to Habibis in GCC keep them well lubricated. The reason for that aid is religious/political (Christian zionist) and strategic, a permanent outpost in the region. In an all-out war of annihilation, ragtag groups do not stand a chance.

You are overdoing it now? Against who? Some ragtags in Syria? this is the example of what I was talking about. I am glad I ran into you. Not against relevant state actors tho.

Everyone can carry out strikes in the region and has done so in the last 10 years or so. Dominance is someone who can project themselves outside the region and actully does that either militarily or influence.. Like Turkey, USA or Russia in regards to the region. There are technically no other players who are assertive outside of Saudi arabia who is in Yemen. I am not talking about supporting proxies covertly or with finance or whatever but direct military takeovers. The only 3 countries who have done that since the turn of the century are 3 countries in the region. Turkey, KSA and UAE that is projection of power meaning you have to have the ability to take a land and hold it but I will strike the border regions at night and return back that is not projection but that is called self-defense action.

Israel doesn't have tha capacity nor the manpower to project itself outside of it's boundry? Do you think Israel could hold one Iraq city? for hours? or take on the Iraq militias or Taliban? They can't because they don't have the manpower or resources for that kind of thing. They are mainly confined in it's territory
Like I stated, Israelis (for its size) are able to achieve their objectives when and as required without any repercussion. No Other country other than the US, China, and to a limited extent Russia and can do real power projection. Everyone else is reliant on these there countries for their military hardware. That's not really power projection.

Like I stated, Israelis (for its size) are able to achieve their objectives when and as required without any repercussion. No Other country other than the US, China, and to a limited extent Russia and can do real power projection. Everyone else is reliant on these there countries for their military hardware. That's not really power projection.

This is basically conspiracy theory. Required objectives? Gaza would have de-existed by now and west bank Palestinians kicked out and Al-aqsa teared down? Hezbollah would have de-existed? I didn't see that happen you said without repercussions? Hopefully PDF will grow out of conspiracy theories eventually and see the light..

This is basically conspiracy theory. Required objectives? Gaza would have de-existed by now and west bank Palestinians kicked out and Al-aqsa teared down? Hezbollah would have de-existed? I didn't see that happen you said without repercussions? Hopefully PDF will grow out of conspiracy theories eventually and see the light..
huh, there is no conspiracy and or theory here. Why couldn't GCC carrying out few warning airstrikes (no damage required) inside Israel to force them to stop attacking worshippers inside Al-Aqsa and or provide CAP cover, over Gaza? because they know, the US would immediately stop all military Hardware sales and maintenance effectively leaving GCC without a military.

This is the Israeli dominance in the region.

huh, there is no conspiracy and or theory here. Why couldn't GCC carrying out few warning airstrikes (no damage required) inside Israel to force them to stop attacking worshippers inside Al-Aqsa and or provide CAP cover, over Gaza? because they know, the US would immediately stop all military Hardware sales and maintenance effectively leaving GCC without a military.

What? is this invented narrative? Why would the GCC fire warning strikes to begin with? The war was stopped and they knew that regardless. That is what Egypt is there for hence why they accepted ceasefire there was pressure on them. You also said they could achieve all thier objective.. I don't see Hezbollah gone, Hamas gone, etc etc..

how is that even dominance sales from another country to another? They have their own defense industries and there are other markets you know such as China it is not like anyone would be missed? is this some sort of george Soros like consirpacy theory or UFO

Last edited:
Of course, GCC is not stupid, they know their reliance and limitation on western technology. otherwise, they would have challenged US presence and Israeli dominance in the region.
Just like Iran..HaHaHa

Are you envious of GCC power ..
A non-sense topic.
Just like the American almost $4 billion in 'aid' per year to Israel is basically 'corporate welfare' to keep some thousands Americans employed, the GCC military and their capabilities are also 'corporate welfare' to keep some thousands Americans employed. Israel gets to keep expanding while the insecure monarchies in GCC get to keep ruling.

The nature of war has changed--as was demonstrated by Hezbollah against Israel in 2006 and as North Korea could demonstrate against any strike against NK by pulverizing the South Korea and shutting down the enemy's economy.

Richer countries like South Korea or Israel simply can't afford to be shut down for weeks or months or the long term flight of capital and investors' confidence because of dispersed cheaper mobile projectiles and rockets sustained for a long time or be under the threat of that, 'Iron Drone' or not.
We can understand your non-sense..You just completely jumped the GCC defense per se..

You are confused and confusing the US world dominance with Usrael dominance that is limited to Palestinian territories..And many other subjects concerning GCC.. It shows your dislike.. but no worries..GCC is doing pretty well..

Just like Iran..HaHaHa

Are you envious of GCC power ..
Yap, Iranian knows their limitation. So does, Chinese, Russian, Pakistan, and GCC. But neither Iran, nor China, Russia, or Pakistan is totally reliant for its military hardware from its potential foe. I am not envious but realistic. GCC defense is fragile.

Yap, Iranian knows their limitation. So does, Chinese, Russian, Pakistan, and GCC. But neither Iran, nor China, Russia, or Pakistan is totally reliant for its military hardware from its potential foe. I am not envious but realistic. GCC defense is fragile.
Maybe you see the US as foe.. but the GCC doesn't..and anyway they have diversified their sources of weapon systems and building their own defense industries..The US produces the best weapons and GCC is buying them for that reason and the ToT reason too..and GCC doesn't have limitations like Iran..You still showing your envy you are trying to hide,,

GCC defense fragile..How?

Last edited:
Maybe you see the US as foe.. but the GCC doesn't..and anyway they have diversified their sources of weapon systems and building their own defense industries..The US produces the best weapons and GCC is buying them for that reason and the ToT reason too..
GCC doesn't be the US does. The only difference is, the US plans 50 years ahead of time. Rest there is no ToT, Few joint project funded by UAE does not really constitute a ToT. btw technology is evolving rapidly, Let suppose General Dynamics let UAE copy one of their HW simple questions for a few billion dollars, Doesn't mean UAE is now a subject matter expert.

GCC doesn't be the US does. The only difference is, the US plans 50 years ahead of time. Rest there is no ToT, Few joint project funded by UAE does not really constitute a ToT. btw technology is evolving rapidly, Let suppose General Dynamics let UAE copy one of their HW simple questions for a few billion dollars, Doesn't mean UAE is now a subject matter expert.
You gave a bad example here .. since the UAE is dealing with many countries mostly Europeans, South Koreans and others.. the same with KSA.. now your problem seem to be with expertise.. well with some of the best universities of the world and 100s of thousands of graduates coming back from the best western universities each year.. you can save your breath..

You gave a bad example here .. since the UAE is dealing with many countries mostly Europeans, South Koreans and others.. the same with KSA.. now your problem seem to be with expertise.. well with some of the best universities of the world and 100s of thousands of graduates coming back from the best western universities each year.. you can save your breath..

There are no 100 of thousand, coming back. there are some, mostly in an undergraduate program, average students. I have seen very few in Graduate, but not a single one in Ph.D. or in research. Indian, Chinese, and a few Iranian, Yes. but from GCC. Not one. So I would not hold my breath for GCC pumping out breakthrough research papers anytime soon.

You sound more like the groupies who have been posting here for long time Isreal has zero dominance in the region but it is confined to it's corner and can't project iself outside of it's boundry territories, They don't have the manpower for that.. your commander was right all along an outpost sounds quite spot on in your first post.. But other then that is highly incorrectly and far from reality
Israel may not have political dominance in the region (though even that's debatable), but it does have complete military dominance. There is literally no other nation in the region that can match Israel's military edge, an edge that the US is legally bound to maintain.

There are no 100 of thousand, coming back. there are some, mostly in an undergraduate program, average students. I have seen very few in Graduate, but not a single one in Ph.D. or in research. Indian, Chinese, and a few Iranian, Yes. but from GCC. Not one. So I would not hold my breath for GCC pumping out breakthrough research papers anytime soon.
You must be crazy or something like that..there are thousands of GCC PhD students all over the world..

PhD students and post-doctoral researchers play a major
role in the research performance of a university. There are
around 1,400 PhD students enrolled in the UAE’s nationally
accredited universities (i.e. excluding universities in the free
trade zones), and around five times that number in the KSA
at approximately 7,000.
In addition, it should be noted that some 13,000 KSA
PhD students study abroad.

https://www.pwc.com/m1/en/publicati...in-gcc/advancing-academic-research-in-gcc.pdf

Count that over 2 or 3 past decades,,

Here are the overall numbers:

https://www.topuniversities.com/blog/middle-eastern-students-abroad-numbers

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom