The Day India's Mighty SU-30 Fired in Anger

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
1616852881111.png

1616852912282.png

Didn't they use an expensive missile to shoot down?

Yea, but here you just need one pellet to burst a balloon, IAF pilot fired around 100 bullets.

Janab, the firing rate of aircraft guns is so high, it is impossible to fire just one or a few bullets. But in any case, good going by Pakistan, making them scramble over a balloon.

Yea, but here you just need one pellet to burst a balloon, IAF pilot fired around 100 bullets.
but then again those auto cannons are rapid burst. even a second or so long press can almost empty the magazine.
the anger part maybe correct. the SU 30 might not be able to get a missile lock so got a visual and switched to cannons.
well done that it didnt get caught in the fire blast. those Baloons are used as area denials in choke points in narrow mountain passes and valleys at low height.

if anyone been to Kahuta then they are common sight while travelling through Kahuta to Azad Kashmir.
772px-Barrage_balloon_fsac_1a35100.jpg

but then again those auto cannons are rapid burst. even a second or so long press can almost empty the magazine.
the anger part maybe correct. the SU 30 might not be able to get a missile lock so got a visual and switched to cannons.
well done that it didnt get caught in the fire blast. those Baloons are used as area denials in choke points in narrow mountain passes and valleys at low height.

if anyone been to Kahuta then they are common sight while travelling through Kahuta to Azad Kashmir.
772px-Barrage_balloon_fsac_1a35100.jpg
My dear these area denial balloons are permanently anchored over VP at a certain height however what Indians encountered was probably either a weather balloon or a prank by some one on our side.
A PAF officer told me that these things were very common coming over from Afghanistan when Soviets were there, but our Radar operators were quick to determine whether it was a threat or just a harmless object.

My dear these area denial balloons are permanently anchored over VP at a certain height however what Indians encountered was probably either a weather balloon or a prank by some one on our side.
A PAF officer told me that these things were very common coming over from Afghanistan when Soviets were there, but our Radar operators were quick to determine whether it was a threat or just a harmless object.
you are about 93.4% correct. its likely it was a prank, weather or a civilian balloon . but that said

I am aware of multiple incidents where these anchored balloons broke free and wandered off. :)
back in early 80s I am aware of an incident where our own jet a Mig 19 / F6 shot down such one balloon that became danger to our own air traffic after "breaking free" and started wandering off many miles away from the site.
What an incredibly disgusting and hateful nation we have as our neighbor.
they have the right to shoot down "break free" Balloons
at least on this one I give them a pass.

but then again. they are best at anyway, shoot down planes and balloons that cant fight back.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom