What's new

The curious case of Indian Punjabis

Well that is your view, I respect that. Cheers.
well, then let me disclose something... PDF is a place where some Bangladeshis can preach against anti-secularism... Do it in any bangladeshi website, people will start washing you ..... We respect rights of our minority people....

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

No point half of bd people is already in India. My iron walla s also one
whats his name?? Where is ancestry home? When did he go to India? Please let me know...

Bangladesh's CHT is free to join India, I don't have problem with that. :enjoy:

What a load of BS .. we dnt want indian punjab.. why would we? i just respect tht guys emotions thts it!

Why should baluch,pashtun move? we live in our own country.. we have lived in the region for centuries not just in the past 60+ years... Why would india maintain our country? get lost... its our country!

Please see your message in post 181. You said that Punjab should be given to Pakistan .
So Pakistan will become united Punjab with sindh andbhalochi going to India . And kp to afg

well, then let me disclose something... PDF is a place where some Bangladeshis can preach against anti-secularism... Do it in any bangladeshi website, people will start washing you ..... We respect rights of our minority people....

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

whats his name?? Where is ancestry home? When did he go to India? Please let me know...
He is Muslim and name chotu , not real name. He has been here since birth for more than 20 years but his parents came illegally from bd in mid 80s they still live in a slum . I don't from which village they came. Need to find out.

Please see your message in post 181. You said that Punjab should be given to Pakistan .
So Pakistan will become united Punjab with sindh andbhalochi going to India . And kp to afg

Yes punjab should have been given to Pakistan... why should baluchistan,Punjab n sindh be given to india? we share nothing with u.. and people of KP choose Pakistan n we r proud to be PAKISTANIS!

Keep in the mind the OP is a indian punjabi!who cants the same!

He is Muslim and name chotu , not real name. He has been here since birth for more than 20 years but his parents came illegally from bd in mid 80s they still live in a slum . I don't from which village they came. Need to find out.

Yes punjab should have been given to Pakistan... why should baluchistan,Punjab n sindh be given to india? we share nothing with u.. and people of KP choose Pakistan n we r proud to be PAKISTANIS!

Ruler of the punjab Ranjit singh used to fight with muslims and he protected the kashmir from invaders earlier too..
and punjab belongs to sikhs not muslims.i am surprised how it was given to pakistan,may be due to muslim presence there at that time...and our saints used to fight with muslims too...

Heehee.. You onl wanted a split based on religion and got it. If now you say sPlit is on ethnic basis then you need to return sindh to sindhis and Baluch to balochi and kp to pashtos.

Ruler of the punjab Ranjit singh used to fight with muslims and he protected the kashmir from invaders earlier too..and punjab belongs to sikhs not muslims.i am surprised how it was given to pakistan,may be due to muslim presence there at that time...and our saints used to fight with muslims too...

Thanks for accepting the truth... he discriminated against muslims..desecrated our holy places... and Kashmir was ruled by muslim kings before his 30+ year rule.. the only sikh rule in the history of the sub continent!

And in 84 the indian govt did what.....? do i even have to say it?

Thanks for accepting the truth... he discriminated against muslims..desecrated our holy places... and Kashmir was ruled by muslim kings before his 30+ year rule.. the only sikh rule in the history of the sub continent!

Thanks for accepting the truth... he discriminated against muslims..desecrated our holy places.

what aurangjeb etc did to sikhs and hindus.They gave forced conversion..do it otherwise you r killed.
And i dont want to tell you what our saints said about muslims at that time.They were invaders.
our last guru fought with muslims..what they gave..his both childs were burried in walls but they didnt accept the muslim conversion.their wives were raped and killed.There are lot of stories sir ji....i dont know what u r told in pakistan.;)

Kashmir was ruled by muslim kings before his 30+ year rule.. the only sikh rule in the history of the sub continent

ever heard of hindukush..and search whats the meaning of kashmir and where it has come from.

it was an unfortunate incident but nothing comparable to karachi where it is repeated from last two year.muslims killed muslims.
and 84 was done by govt not by hindus in particular

raavan...surely i haven't seen anyone like you in my lifetime! Indian punjabi's having love for Pakistanis?..never came across anything like that.. my Grand father came from Lahore and maternal Grandpa from Peshawar and they obviously do have a slight corner in their heart for the land they were born in,but they also know the reality and the mentality of the people residing on that land now..
I m a punjabi,surrounded by Punjabis and Delhi is almost half punjabi place...still never met any one with thinking like yours!

I am a Punjabi ( hindu/sikh) . I belong to a small town near Amritsar.Last year, I had the opportunity of going to Wagah Border to see the Flag ceremony. The land and people on the either side of the fence were no different.I could not help but wonder why did punjab( Indian) choose to be a part of India rather than Pakistan or Viceversa for Pakistan punjab....Punjab has its own unique culture which is very similar on either side of the fence to the best of my knowledge.

What I do not understand is why a state like Punjab has to be paired up with other places like tamil naidu or assam.I do not speak tamil,do not understand their culture and probably will never go there since we are 2000kms apart from each other.I do respect all the cultures and I think everyone should be proud of their identity.But I find it extremely weird that on one hand punjab is clubbed with Assam which is culturally so different and on the other hand a place which is 90% similar and only 50 miles away i m not allowed to visit.

It is not even a question of religious tolerance as before partition muslim,hindus and sikhs used to live together and still do in India. Even right now there is a town 10 kms away from my place where every sign post or advertisement board is written in urdu...and we live happily together( i cannot read urdu). the elders in my village elders(really old guns) always share their fond memories of pre partition days,Lahore features unequivocally in almost all of these conversations i must say. will visit lahore for sure one day.have to see what is all the hype about.after all its not made of gold.is it.lol

Two years I had to come to canada due to obvious reasons.I met so many people from Punjab(pakistan) and we get along so well.Lahoris are not very fond of Karachiites i learnt.lol

When u think about it India was most prosperous before it was India.............

1. This can also be said about NWFP/FATA or Sindh or Baluchistan they don't share language etc. with pak Punjab.

2. There is not a single common thing in culture and ur confusing speaking of punjabi as common thing. They speak Punjabi but write in Urdu in India we speak Punjabi and write in Gurmukhi/Hindi/English.

They eat Halal and its ban for Sikhs/Hindus so everything is different.

3. And in the end what ur seeing is illusion in fact millions of Hindus and Sikhs were killed by the same people from same region because they have something common called hate towards us people and it is continue to this day.

Even if they don't want to kill every Indians the hate is still there.

In a democratic setup one has the right to express its views, so my two cents. Sorry if someone feels offensive.

truly unexpected thread from indian.....

...and also confusing in as much as the poster does not seem to know what he wants . The partition was the right thing to happen and is irreversible.

Back
Top Bottom