What's new

The curious case of Indian Punjabis

Two years I had to come to canada due to obvious reasons.I met so many people from Punjab(pakistan) and we get along so well.Lahoris are not very fond of Karachiites i learnt.lol

i didn't know it

So are you saying that you would rather be with Pakistani punjab rather than India? Also pls realize that if you have free access to Islamic Punjab they will flood Indian Punjab with separatist terrorists and spread terror to rest of India. So the option Indian Punjab has is to join Pakistan or be in India. I think they have made right choice

Last I heard Punjab was already full of "expertise terrorist." Didn't you guys like raid their holy site or something.......and they killed your prime minister?

But let me guess, that was a plot by the ISI right?
You really need to examine your seemingly deep rooted hatred for Pakistanis.

Last I heard Punjab was already full of "expertise terrorist." Didn't you guys like raid their holy site or something.......and they killed your prime minister?

But let me guess, that was a plot by the ISI right?
You really need to examine your seemingly deep rooted hatred for Pakistanis.

your each n every line is incorrect.

what aurangjeb etc did to sikhs and hindus.They gave forced conversion..do it otherwise you r killed.
And i dont want to tell you what our saints said about muslims at that time.They were invaders.
our last guru fought with muslims..what they gave..his both childs were burried in walls but they didnt accept the muslim conversion.their wives were raped and killed.There are lot of stories sir ji....i dont know what u r told in pakistan.;)

Yet u love taj mahal built my evil muslims..

ever heard of hindukush..and search whats the meaning of kashmir and where it has come from.

The mountain range? lol... Kashmir was a muslim kingdom... was it not?

it was an unfortunate incident but nothing comparable to karachi where it is repeated from last two year.muslims killed muslims.
and 84 was done by govt not by hindus in particular

Political tussle? vs dozens of thousand sikhs raped,burnt,killed,golden temple blasted n destoryed .. a genocide? operation shudhi karan? etc.. and the criminals roam free today?

Thanks for accepting the truth... he discriminated against muslims..desecrated our holy places... and Kashmir was ruled by muslim kings before his 30+ year rule.. the only sikh rule in the history of the sub continent!

And in 84 the indian govt did what.....? do i even have to say it?

If you are talking about Golden Temple, Indian government didn't do anything different than what Pakistani Government did to the Red Mosque.

Once you start storing weapons in a religious place, you have already breached its sanctity. So it needed to be cleared out.

Terrorists are gone, and the Golden Temple is back to its glorious self.

Yeah it bothers me too, when I see Punjabis singing old romance tunes when they were the first ones to lap up Partition and on either side indulged in horrific massacres like barbariians.

States like Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Andhra ,Orissa ,Maharashtra etc which had no say in Partition took up Pakistan to be an enemy without any question just for the sake of those involved in Partition trauma - even though we ourselves had no previous history with them . Now actually pisses me off to no end when I see the same people ,for whom we took on the enemies, singing honeymoon tunes for each other. Do you guys think we are fools ?

ironic so ironic

we were sympathetic with our punjabi brothers and considered pak a enemy from 1947

i am amused that a Indian Punjabi asks " why Punjab was partitioned?"

ironic so ironic

we were sympathetic with our punjabi brothers and considered pak a enemy from 1947

i am amused that a Indian Punjabi asks " why Punjab was partitioned?"

I doubt he is an Indian. Most probably a false flagger.

If you are talking about Golden Temple, Indian government didn't do anything different than what Pakistani Government did to the Red Mosque.

Once you start storing weapons in a religious place, you have already breached its sanctity. So it needed to be cleared out.

Terrorists are gone, and the Golden Temple is back to its glorious self.

Red mosque had forcefully taken hostages .. n terrorists armed with weapons...and no riots followed where govt or the average people start rioting rapping,massacring people in dozens of thousands unlike golden temple which is also sikhisms holiest site..

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

I doubt he is an Indian. Most probably a false flagger.

See his post history... i dnt think so!

This is one of the worst displays of unpatriotic behavior I ve ever come across .

We all have our similarities , our commons points , areas of interest and so on and so forth .

Bengali people on both sides of the border share a hundred times more commonality in thoughts , actions , outlook etc because bengalis tend to be liberal and have a distinct culture of our own. It would take seconds for a Bengali expatriate --from either India or Bangladesh to connect anywhere over a cup of tea ---be it the U.K , U.S , Canada or for that matter the Arctic Circle.

Yet if the topic of discussion comes even remotely close to Partition, supporting our country's policies , looking out for our motherlands best interests --none of us would hesitate even for a second to back our nation.

Patriotism should be above anything else --shared culture , nostaligia---- anything at all.

Raavan , if the prospect of having Tamils , Assamese, Manipuris , Oriyas , Marathis , Haryanvis, Gujratis , Kannadigas , Malayalis ---1.2 billion of them as brothers in arms is so distasteful ...you are strongly recommended to shift base elsewhere and look for new brothers --aka Sindhis , Pukthoons , Baluchis etc .Only hinderance being they might not be as willing to welcome a non-muslim into their arms.

In India you would have a nation-based identity whereas in Pakistani Punjab you will always be viewed through the prism of religion. Apparently your fore-fathers understood this simple fact which has been lost in excess displays of nostagia and unnecessary sentiment.

I get the feeling Punjabis have very short memories.

Red mosque had forcefully taken hostages .. n terrorists armed with weapons...and no riots followed where govt or the average people start rioting rapping,massacring people in dozens of thousands unlike golden temple which is also sikhisms holiest site..

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

See his post history... i dnt think so!

riots didnt start after the golden temple massacre,it started after assassination of indira gandhi by the supporters and part members of congress average hindu cared less about entering the riot

Raavan , if the prospect of having Tamils , Assamese, Manipuris , Oriyas , Marathis , Haryanvis, Gujratis , Kannadigas , Malayalis ---1.2 billion of them as brothers in arms is so distasteful ...you are strongly recommended to shift base elsewhere and look for new brothers --aka Sindhis , Pukthoons , Baluchis etc .Only hinderance being they might not be as willing to welcome a non-muslim into their arms.

In India you would have a nation-based identity whereas in Pakistani Punjab you will always be viewed through the prism of religion. Apparently your fore-fathers understood this simple fact which has been lost in excess displays of nostagia and unnecessary sentiment.

how is it that every Indian on this forum is more of a expert on Pakistan and life in Pakistan then even Pakistanis?
Indians accuse Pakistan of teaching hate against India but Holy cow (no offence) are Indians indoctrinated in hate for Pakistan.

Pakistan if full of minorities, they are even represented on our flag, and they live in peace and harmony with Muslims.
So please kindly stop all this blind hatred and educate yourself.

how is it that every Indian on this forum is more of a expert on Pakistan and life in Pakistan then even Pakistanis?
Indians accuse Pakistan of teaching hate against India but Holy cow (no offence) are Indians indoctrinated in hate for Pakistan.

Pakistan if full of minorities, they are even represented on our flag, and they live in peace and harmony with Muslims.
So please kindly stop all this blind hatred and educate yourself.

Its true ---you do view everything through a religious prism , is it not ?

That's why its Islami Jamhuriya e Pakistan and Republic of India ( secular) . Minority rights or treatment is not an issue , what matters is what is constitutionally promised.

Besides the point was about an Indian Punjabi's distaste for his motherland.

I seem to recall you people advising the same to some Pukhtoon posters who were critical of Pakistan . You lot told them to get the hell outta your land and back to Afghanistan didn't you ?

So no surprises here, I guess.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom