What's new

The birth of a liberal movement in Pakistan

If you read my posts, you will know that I have strongly condemned anyone who goes outside the law, and I don't appreciate being lumped into the same group. I have already stated that I miss the open-minded, liberal Pakistan of the early 70s.

Perhaps extremist is a strong word, but I have no patience for the 'blame Pakistan first' crowd. People like Hoodbhoy, Cyril Almeida, NFP continually suck up to India and never miss an opportunity to blame Pakistan army, government, judiciary, you-name-it. I have lost patience with these predictable Pakistan haters.

And I utterly detest people who promote negative stereotypes about Muslim appearance. It's bad enough when anti-Muslim bigots in the West do it; it is inexcusable when sycophantic Pakistanis do it to appear 'progressive'.

I don't know if you have witnessed harrassment of Muslims living in the US but, in Australia, I have seen schoolgirls brought to tears because of their headscarf. I have seen elderly women in hijab verbally abused, and bearded men humiliated in front of their families. I don't ever want to see anything like that happening in Pakistan. Jinnah and Iqbal created Pakistan so Muslims would be free of harrassment, and I will oppose anyone who promotes these stereotypes.

Last edited:
And @ Pakistani brothers, remember Pakistan will be doomed if we choose the either one. We are not Turkey, if we follow Secularism/Liberalism, then Pakistan will breakup & if we follow Wahabiesm type of Islam than many people living in Eastern part of Pakistan will obviously opposed this & than exterimist will do all blood shed like they are already doing, the best for Pakistan is Sufism & is the soul & culture of Pakistan.

The Qadri guy that killed the munafiq governor was a true Sufi. He was a Liberal. He's a Barelvi, and they are known for non-violent, they refrain from politics and seyaasi bickerings.

But the governor's munafiqat and toheen had reached its zenith that it tested the faith of the most liberal muslims out there....Playing with the Prophet SAW status or honour is like playign with fire, those that are like Abu lahab. n their destiny is in the deepest level of hell fire.

What he has done is wrong. It's murder and he should be punished for it. Even he acknowledges that. Law should never be taken into ones own hands.

Liberals have become extremists in Pakistan when they can't even speak freely and haven't done a single act of violence against conservatives...

The thing is we have spoken kindly with Mullahs for a long time, now its time to oppose them. Abu Basit was right, liberals need to show their strength. Shor Macha, Awaz Utha!

Jab tak yeh Mullay insaan ke bachay nahi banjatay, inke naak main damm karna humara farz hai. Yeh sab wajib-ul-tapao hain.

Bro you are dead wrong if you believe that Pakistan was made for and by Quad-e-Azam alone and with Liberal/Secularists ideals.

You live in a fantasy world if you believe this to be the case.

Pakistan came into being through the relentless work and unsurmountable sacrifices of millions of muslims, vast majority of them were lower middle class people, that have always been conservatively religious. they are the ones holding the country together, they're the ones that are oppressed by these monsters the likes of ST and Zardari.

They didn't die for Salman Taseer's Secular Pakistan ruled by munafiq and vehmently corrupt and oppressive and ruthless secular political dynastic families imposing western agendas for dollars on the piss poor.

ST's murder shows that you really can't mess or fool with the faith of poor people.

Good riddance to this corrupt oppressive monster ...

I don't agree with the murder...but i am glad that Pakistan has one less tyrant to count...And I am pretty Pakistan can do without these oppressors. Can't believe hwo this guy has been in jail 16 times or so but still fooling people...

Salay Zardari ka Right Hand ho kar Human Rights ke baat kerta hai...this is what i call the height of hypocrisy.

Last edited:
The Qadri guy that killed the munafiq governor was a true Sufi. He was a Liberal. He's a Barelvi, and they are known for non-violent, they refrain from politics and seyaasi bickerings.

That is what worries us all. Brelvies are peacefull people following doctrine of sufism i.e love for all. but when such people become fanatics...well its a warning call that some thing is grossly wrong with society.
Qaderi did wrong , no body has right even to call other a kaffir. I belive he was brain washed by a person who him self was a hypocrate and had two faces.
I am a Sufi . The way I understand teachings of prophet and Islam. There is no way in which you can take law in ur hand.
Remember in Islamic Law every conflict/dispute go to court. and its judge who have to decide according to given evedence. No mullah has right to give verdict when court is functioning.

Remember Khulfa e Rashideen were even called to courts and in some cases Judge or Qazi gave verdict against them and they accepted the verdict.

come on people, we are getting sick every day. be afraid of the day when sickness of society becomes not cureable.
we must not think that what ever we think about islam is the real islam and we have right to implement on others.

Systems do not change in this way. First step in enforcement of islam is to correcting our oun selves and families and becomming people with balanced mind.
Let me Quote Hazrat Ali (RATA)

" کوئی بھی ریاست کفر پر تو قائیم رہ سکتی ہے مگر ظلم پر نہیں۔۔۔
کسی نے پوچھا ظلم کیا ہے
آپ نے فرمایا چیزون کا اپنے مقام پر نا ہونا ظلم کہلاتا ہے "

They didn't die for Salman Taseer's Secular Pakistan ruled by munafiq and vehmently corrupt and oppressive and ruthless secular political dynastic families imposing western agendas for dollars on the piss poor.

Well they didn't die for your greedy and corrupted blasphemy laws, your hatred of western education system, your frequent terrorist attacks, kidnappings, rampant crime, and absolutely no family planning.

They died for a better future, which our attempts at an "islamic republic" CLEARLY cannot grant.

Enforcement of Islam

The only way you mullah-lovers can enforce Islam is through animalistic violence. My proof? You just praised a terrorist.

The only way you mullah-lovers can enforce Islam is through animalistic violence. My proof? You just praised a terrorist.

Correct.

There is no proof of Taseer's 'corruption'--even his opponents don't blame him for that. Taseer helped out after the Floods; he generated much economic activity. He, who had limited resources and role as a governor, did his best but these fanatics and their keyboard jihadis continue to parrot the same lines. And, NO, for the millionth time, Taseer said nothing against Islam; Blasphemy Law is a man-made law and all Taseer asked was for refinement to prevent abuse of the Law.

This guy lives in Canada and yet is so insulated from modern thought and ideas of tolerance. Hard to say if this guy's celebration of Taseer's murder is more scary or cruel or stupid. Probably all in equal measure.

Before it gets too late these Pakistani expat fanatics should be rounded up and made to go through some rigorous psychological profiling; failure in that they be shipped back to their mullah-land. Let's see how much they will enjoy that. Otherwise, they will continue to bring shame to other Pakistanis. No more political correctness.

Correct.

There is no proof of Taseer's 'corruption'--even his opponents don't blame him for that. Taseer helped out after the Floods; he generated much economic activity. He, who had limited resources and role as a governor, did his best but these fanatics and their keyboard jihadis continue to parrot the same lines. And, NO, for the millionth time, Taseer said nothing against Islam; Blasphemy Law is a man-made law and all Taseer asked was for refinement to prevent abuse of the Law.
Taseer was an oppressor. He was a tyrant by virtue of being the right hand man of Zardari, that renders him of any credibility he has ever had.

And your assertion that Taseer said nothing against Islam in the name/shape of blasphemy law is a clear indication of your ignorance of Islam.

Taseer constantly bashed ZIA and used him as a scapegoat to bring down this law that protects people from speaking vile against any holy prophet. He called this law "kaala Kanoon"

for your personal reflections, you should ask these questions to yourself: Is the judiciary more credible or ST?

is the judiciary more knowledgeable or ST? Is the judiciary more ethical or ST?

therefore was ST right to go against the judiciary, law, and public opinion and sentiment at the expense of public disorder and his own repute?

This guy lives in Canada and yet is so insulated from modern thought and ideas of tolerance. Hard to say if this guy's celebration of Taseer's murder is more scary or cruel or stupid. Probably all in equal measure.

I believe that Islamic ideals call for tolerance and moderation far more so than the western ones. I have lived in both countries.

And no, don't put words in my mouth, i never celebrated the death of Taseer. I called it a murder and punishement for the guy.

Before it gets too late these Pakistani expat fanatics should be rounded up and made to go through some rigorous psychological profiling; failure in that they be shipped back to their mullah-land. Let's see how much they will enjoy that. Otherwise, they will continue to bring shame to other Pakistanis. No more political correctness.
This quote shows how big of an intolerant secular bigot you really are. Clearly Developero was talking about the likes of you secular/liberal extremists who can't tolerate other opinions.

Bring shame to other Pakistanis, the likes of you who are shameless and knowledgeless to begin with and those that continue to support ruthless and oppressive and corrupt leaders the likes of ST that are part of Zardari's establishment looting day and night bringing misery to the whole nation?

What is indeed more shameful is the jack ***** who try to justify the murder of an innocent, Pakistan is ours too, and you will never turn it into a fanatic state, we will defend her ideals, which you monsters have subverted.

QUAID-E-AZAM KA PAKISTAN PAINDABAD :)

And the little kid arm chair warriors, don't know what we so-called liberals sacrificed and did for our motherland, and by the way we are as much believers in our Islamic Faith, but we don't try to shove it down other peoples throat.

FreekiN and Maangla both are secular extremists. You`re both being reported for accusing other members of terrorism and calling other members fanatics. thsi speaks tons of your extremist attitudes and intolerant behaviours

This shows your ignorance of both the law and Islam. In no way this would constitute terrorism. You can't even differentiate between a criminal or terrorist activity. So how could you compare this?

*Itès is a case of criminal murder, not a case of terrorism. This guy had personal vendetta against the governor for which he killed him.

I mean, where did you guys go to school? i wonder if at all...seriously grow the hell up and grow some brains too

Firefighter,
Yes, report us to the Mods. By all means. At least we are not justifying the murder of an innocent person like Salman Taseer. You, on the other hand, ARE. You even call Taseer as 'corrupt' without any proof. Even his opponents in PMLN are not calling Taseer as 'corrupt.'
And, yes, you bring bad name to Pakistan by supporting terrorism. You call us 'liberal extremists'? Why, because we expose people like you.
Learn to think for yourself before it is too late.

Good riddance to this corrupt oppressive monster ...

I don't agree with the murder...but i am glad that Pakistan has one less tyrant to count....

In broad day light he is calling Qadri a 'true Sufi' right here. Just because Barelvis may be more tolerant?! Wow. The mullah logic!

And 'good riddance'? Is that not justification of terrorism? If that is not then what else can be?

The extremists don't even have enough honour and courtesy to respect the dead, calling some one corrupt when they can't defend themselves is downright disgusting. And where is the adage "INNOCENT" till "PROVEN" guilty.

Taseer had Indian wife and he most probably was spying for India.
Most likely assisted in attack on Srilankan team aswell.
Nothing but a traitor.
His son hold Indian passport, what more proof of his Indian allegiance is needed?
Govt. need to explain his Indian nexus.

you are confused

people wont take you seriously if you make such comments without any due thought or backup.

Taseer was an oppressor. He was a tyrant by virtue of being the right hand man of Zardari, that renders him of any credibility he has ever had.

Boy.. you even beat the BATMAN.. where are you from? where do you live? from your use of internet it seems you are educated.. but your post is shocking. you are endorsing the murder of Taseer by his association with Zardari? have you just given a free pass to murder everyone Zardari even associated with?
how about I use the guilty by association charge on you?

you are a Pakistani right? and taseer was also a Pakistani. have you been to Punjab?
Taseer was the governer of Punjab.. hence you should be hunted down and slapped silly untill you pass out.

then taught a lesson of life and respect for other fellow human beings.

Last edited:
FreekiN and Maangla both are secular extremists. You`re both being reported for accusing other members of terrorism and calling other members fanatics. thsi speaks tons of your extremist attitudes and intolerant behaviours

Good luck with that.

This shows your ignorance of both the law and Islam. In no way this would constitute terrorism. You can't even differentiate between a criminal or terrorist activity. So how could you compare this?

It doesn't matter. He is linked with Jamiat Ul Islami. A known supporter of the Taliban. He should be tried as a traitor, murderer and terrorist. And anyone who praises him should be dealt with the same.

Liberal 'extremist?' LOL. How many people have liberals killed?

Back
Top Bottom