What's new

The Big Story:The Secret 'K' Missile Family

@silent hawk
If you are implying that slbms with more than 3.5 k range is not of much use against pakistan,i would like to disagree.I think infact such slbms which can strike pakistan farther from ocean( farther the better)provide india a formidable second strike capability against pakistan.Let me put it this way-It will be suicidal for pakistan or india to launch a nuclear strike against another unless they are sure of taking out all nuclear delivery systems/warheads of the enemy in the first strike.With indian nuclear submarines carrying long/intermediate range slbms lurking somewhere in ocean,it would be almost impossible for pakistan to take out all nuclear assets in first strike.

@hawk..

Plz spend some time on learing where n when to post rather troll.

Will help u survive longer.

K - 4 SLBM
K - 15 SLBM

And K - x SLBM based on Agni 3

K -v SLBM based on AGNI 5

great job DRDO :yahoo:

I did not mean to offend anyone.

The point is that both India and Pakistan have second strike nuclear capabilities. This means that future conflicts are likely to remain in the sub nuclear threshold domain.

All I want is for someone to explain the efficacy of this missile in the sub nuclear threshold domain.

If at any time a conflict between India and Pakistan crosses the nuclear threshold then we both loose.

In a nuclear war the only winner is war itself

The point is that both India and Pakistan have second strike nuclear capabilities. This means that future conflicts are likely to remain in the sub nuclear threshold domain.

All I want is for someone to explain the efficacy of this missile in the sub nuclear threshold domain.

If at any time a conflict between India and Pakistan crosses the nuclear threshold then we both loose.

A SLBM with a long range can not be effectively taken out in a First strike so this would be our second strike and also preventing a first strike due to fears of a second strike........

It is a deterrent as well as a second strike weapon..........

What kind of second strike capability does pakistan have?? :undecided:

What ever Pakistani nukes that survive a Indian First Strike(hypothetical) first strike act as a second strike weapons....
Same is the case for all nuclear weapon states......

What ever Pakistani nukes that survive a Indian First Strike(hypothetical) first strike act as a second strike weapons....
Same is the case for all nuclear weapon states......

Lol, Thats an Interesting second strike capability they got....:partay:

Lol, Thats an Interesting second strike capability they got....:partay:

We too follow the same idea thats why we use subs as they are harder to destroy in the first strike ..........
It is never easy to eliminate all the weapons in a first strike the problems are compounded if the delivery systems are mobile like the road mobile ICBM/BM on sub launched missiles......

Strange to see that some Indians don't know about Pakistans nuclear second strike capability. Maybe we could discuss it in some other thread.

From all the Indian replies I still can't make out the use of this missile in the sub nuclear threshold domain. Could someone please educate me on this aspect if possible??

Strange to see that some Indians don't know about Pakistans nuclear second strike capability. Maybe we could discuss it in some other thread.

From all the Indian replies I still can't make out the use of this missile in the sub nuclear threshold domain. Could someone please educate me on this aspect if possible??

Now if u dont know ur own second strike capability why not say so rather blaming it upon us.... what is ur second strike capability, Educate me dude, I am new here to this forum, as far as I have red I havent come across any, It makes ur Duty...

Well as far as Your question, Asking What a Missile Can do if fired 1k+ km away from the enemies cost line from a Submarine, The Answer would Obviously Devastation unless the enemy has anything to counter the incoming missile....

India has adopted a No first use policy so, If We are under attack by a Neighbor who has not yet signed that pact, then we obviously have to rely upon those weapons which are made to enhance Second strike capability such as these....

These missiles can also carry a non nuclear warhead but they are essentially designed to carry nuclear or thermonuclear warheads, maybe MIRVed in the longer range versions. Yes you are right, they have little relevance in sub-nuclear conflicts in that they are basically designed to meet the requirements of India's nuclear triad. Being SLBMS, they strengthen the second strike capability in conjunction with our SSBNs.
So yes, they have little role in sub-nuclear conflicts. But they are extremely vital in ensuring that the conflict remains sub-nuclear in the first place. That is what second strike capability gives you, it neutralises the adversory's nuclear arsenal so that we are back to conventional war fighting.

Back
Top Bottom