What's new

The Big Story:The Secret 'K' Missile Family

If every Pakistani troll was properly banned, there would be very few Pakistani members left on this forum.

That is the unfortunate truth yaar... but I do not own this site nor am I a mod or admin so I do not care.

Perhaps, but not many Indians would be around either if that were true.

It works both ways you know but you would not notice.

If every Pakistani troll was properly banned, there would be very few Pakistani members left on this forum.

That is the unfortunate truth yaar... but I do not own this site nor am I a mod or admin so I do not care.

Don't agree with you. Most of the Pakistani members are not trollers other than few and except few new members Indians are not trollers. You can check the threads of Indian and Pakistan sections.

What ever Pakistani nukes that survive a Indian First Strike(hypothetical) first strike act as a second strike weapons....
Same is the case for all nuclear weapon states......

Dude that is not the definition of second strike capabilities and no one need to use nukes (first strike) to destroy others nukes but efficient air superiority, precision SEAD missiles and detection.

Dude that is not the definition of second strike capabilities and no one need to use nukes (first strike) to destroy others nukes but efficient air superiority, precision SEAD missiles and detection.

While this is a great development and made really happy, i am also worried. In the article it says that there is a turf war between the K series and the Agni series and till recently the report on deficiencies of Agni series was buried. The DRDO chief still wants to hang on to the Agni outdated ones.

This is really worrying Kinetic since if we don't accept our faults we can't move on to greater things. Its true these missiles were our first steps in to this area but we have developed much better K-series haven't we. Its time we move on to them. People still hanging on to things just to serve their egos is very bad when it comes to our defence man. Seems nobody has observed this line.

While this is a great development and made really happy, i am also worried. In the article it says that there is a turf war between the K series and the Agni series and till recently the report on deficiencies of Agni series was buried. The DRDO chief still wants to hang on to the Agni outdated ones.

This is really worrying Kinetic since if we don't accept our faults we can't move on to greater things. Its true these missiles were our first steps in to this area but we have developed much better K-series haven't we. Its time we move on to them. People still hanging on to things just to serve their egos is very bad when it comes to our defence man. Seems nobody has observed this line.

This is more of a blessing in disguise. When two teams compete for same project they usually give their best.

While this is a great development and made really happy, i am also worried. In the article it says that there is a turf war between the K series and the Agni series and till recently the report on deficiencies of Agni series was buried.

Mate I appreciate your views but i agree with Jha that competition is good and it bring best out of the teams. In US there are multiple companies competes against each other but in India it is not possible as private industries has no such capabilities so this is the best way.

The DRDO chief still wants to hang on to the Agni outdated ones.

I agree with DRDO chief and they know it better. Agni series are still the most potent weapon and new, I have explained later.

This is really worrying Kinetic since if we don't accept our faults we can't move on to greater things.

Dude we accept our faults more than anyone else. Every missile launch failures are openly mentioned and DRDO came up with better system next time with successes.

Its true these missiles were our first steps in to this area but we have developed much better K-series haven't we. Its time we move on to them. People still hanging on to things just to serve their egos is very bad when it comes to our defence man. Seems nobody has observed this line.

Dude, my question is why we have to rely just on Kalam series, what problem with having two different missile systems for land and water? Most of the countries have two, three or more systems for nuke delivery. Russia has Topol-M and Bulava, US has Trident II D5 and Peacekeeper etc. We will get Agni series for land and Kalam series for Navy.

Agni-3 and its variants are advanced and developed with recent technologies.
Agni-II will be replaced by Agni-II++ in time.
Agni-I will be replaced by Shaurya.

The Secret ‘K’ Missile Family : India Today Exposures

BY: IDRW NEWS NETWORK

In the latest India Today Magazine , the weekly magazine has provided more information on India’s secret “K” series missile development , India Today has claimed that DRDO this January 2010 has already successfully tested a 3500 km SLBM (sea launched Ballistic Missile) New missile named K-4 , as per information provided by India Today the missiles seems to be a different project all together and is not based on Agni-3 which was supposed to be Agni-3 SL (Sub Launched) which was claimed to be in development by various section in Indian defence circles .

K which has been kept in honor of Kalam Father of Indian Missiles in DRDO , K-4 has been designed with stealth characters and using advance metals it light weight and will be carried by INS Arihant India’s Nuclear Attack Submarine along with K-15 a shorter 750 km range missiles ,which already has been tested and its Land attack version named “Shaurya” which is based on K-15 has been publicly acknowledged by DRDO and its details have been made public .

Article in India Today also mentions development of a new Missile which has not been mentioned any earlier reports in Indian media , 4m length , 2 tonne Air launched cruise missile Hypersonic missile which will be carried under the belly of sukhoi Su 30 MKI .

2 tonne ALCM seems to be too heavy since most of the ALCM which are available around the world weight less then half and have a range of 350 to 500km , recently DRDO had announced the development of new Hypersonic air launched cruise missile named LRCM with range of 600km , was this missile a Technology Demonstrator model for the development on this new LRCM or is a separate development in its self , needs to be seen .

DRDO also working on submarine launched version of Agni 3 named K-X

and

submarine launched miniatureized version of Agni-5 named K-V

The Secret ‘K’ Missile Family : India Today Exposures

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

Maybe the word ' k ' might be lucky for DRDO ,and we might get a successful series of missiles.

After all ,it has been proven lucky for Ekta Kapoor and Karan Johar ,so why not for DRDO ?

Mate I appreciate your views but i agree with Jha that competition is good and it bring best out of the teams. In US there are multiple companies competes against each other but in India it is not possible as private industries has no such capabilities so this is the best way.

I agree with DRDO chief and they know it better. Agni series are still the most potent weapon and new, I have explained later.

Dude we accept our faults more than anyone else. Every missile launch failures are openly mentioned and DRDO came up with better system next time with successes.

Dude, my question is why we have to rely just on Kalam series, what problem with having two different missile systems for land and water? Most of the countries have two, three or more systems for nuke delivery. Russia has Topol-M and Bulava, US has Trident II D5 and Peacekeeper etc. We will get Agni series for land and Kalam series for Navy.

Agni-3 and its variants are advanced and developed with recent technologies.
Agni-II will be replaced by Agni-II++ in time.
Agni-I will be replaced by Shaurya.

While ur points about the competition are completely valid and hit the bulls eye, i am unsure about one thing, why does the report say that the turf war resulted in the report on deficiencies of Agni swept under and was only pulled out when the government gave the green signal for a 5000 km missile development?? What does this mean , is it that from 2004 to till date we haven't worked on them?? Also according to the report the test secretly was carried in jan and that the k-15 was tested for a long time. This timeline thing is also confusing about the operational status. Request ur help in this.

All i want to say is that when it comes to our country's defence nobody should be above reproach and any person who is stalling things should be held responsible. I hope u understand my concern here??

i feel shame for , i didnt open this thread for last 2 days...

thanks chopper for sharing such a great news.......................

Proud to be an Indian.........

While ur points about the competition are completely valid and hit the bulls eye, i am unsure about one thing, why does the report say that the turf war resulted in the report on deficiencies of Agni swept under and was only pulled out when the government gave the green signal for a 5000 km missile development?? What does this mean , is it that from 2004 to till date we haven't worked on them??

I think Sandeep came to such idea for two reasons,

1) Two different missile development simultaneously with same range.

2) Clash of ideas and principles between DRDO, armed forces and MoD regarding common delivery platforms.

Also according to the report the test secretly was carried in jan and that the k-15 was tested for a long time. This timeline thing is also confusing about the operational status. Request ur help in this

The missile tested in Jan, 2010 was K-4 and the K-15 tested multiple times earlier until on Nov 12th, 2008 test it wasn't made public.

All i want to say is that when it comes to our country's defence nobody should be above reproach and any person who is stalling things should be held responsible. I hope u understand my concern here??

Yeah I understand but as I said no one including the DRDO chief is blocking any development instead he is in support of multi-platform delivery systems like I said earlier, Agni series for land and Kalam series for navy.

What kind of second strike capability does pakistan have?? :undecided:

Pakistani missiles r highly road mobile based on Soviet model which can possible survive any pre emptive strike,and some r protected inside deep bunkers,may b that is what he meant by second strike capability

It is a game of numbers...India's missiles are for nuclear delivery. China's 2nd artillery division is for conventional battle. They have so many missiles that India can never compete in numbers. They will overwhelm the ABM system and also lay waste to the Indian nuclear missile inventory.

This is why India is desperately seeking a sub launched option. These missiles will be safe from bombardment.

no body official announce its numbers they posses in their inventory,India's objective is also different from Pakistan and china,we do not keep any missile in great number's,it is a waste of resource because it is not of that much use,unlike fighter's or subs and that had to b eventually changed,we keep every missile in small numbers and keep maturing the technology,now when it matter's,at the time of any hostility,India military-industrial complex is capable of producing any number in a matter of time,so this is not about numbers also.

Pakistani missiles r highly road mobile based on Soviet model which can possible survive any pre emptive strike,and some r protected inside deep bunkers,may b that is what he meant by second strike capability

You come to say they have Canister-launched ballistic missile???:pop:

You come to say they have Canister-launched ballistic missile???:pop:

this report say something about their second strike capability tough i dont know how much authentic is it

Pakistan enhances second strike N-capability: US report

WASHINGTON: Pakistan has addressed issues of survivability in a possible nuclear conflict through second strike capability, says a US congressional report.

The first part of the report, published on Friday, deals with Islamabad’s efforts to develop new weapons, while the second part studies its strategy for surviving a nuclear war.

According to the report, Pakistan has built hard and deeply buried storage and launch facilities to retain a second strike capability in a nuclear war.

It also has built road-mobile missiles, air defences around strategic sites, and concealment measures.

The report prepared by the Congressional Research Service recalls that as the United States prepared to launch an attack on the Afghan Taliban after September 11, 2001, former military dictator Gen (retd) Pervez Musharraf ordered that Pakistan’s nuclear arsenal be redeployed to ‘at least six secret new locations.’ This action came at a time of uncertainly about the future of the region, including the direction of US-Pakistan relations. Islamabad’s leadership was uncertain whether the US would decide to conduct military strikes against Pakistan’s nuclear assets if Islamabad did not assist the United States against the Taliban. Indeed, Musharraf cited protection of Pakistan’s nuclear and missile assets as one of the reasons for Islamabad’s dramatic policy shift.

The CRS points out that these events, in combination with the 1999 Kargil crisis, the 2002 conflict with India at the Line of Control, and revelations about the A.Q. Khan proliferation network, inspired a variety of reforms to secure the nuclear complex. Risk of nuclear war in South Asia ran high in the 1999 Kargil crisis, when the Pakistani military is believed to have begun preparing nuclear-tipped missiles.

The report, however, notes that even at the high alert levels of 2001 and 2002, there were no reports of Pakistan mating the warheads with delivery systems.

The CRS refers to a Nov 5, 2007 statement by former prime minister Benazir Bhutto who said that while Musharraf claimed he had firm control of the nuclear arsenal, she was afraid this control could weaken due to instability in the country.

The report then quotes Michael Krepon of the Henry L. Stimson Centre, Washington, as arguing that ‘a prolonged period of turbulence and infighting among the country’s president, prime minister, and army chief’ could jeopardise the army’s unity of command, which ‘is essential for nuclear security.’

During that period between late 2007 and early 2008, US military officials also expressed concern about the security of Pakistan’s nuclear weapons.

Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency Mohamed ElBaradei also said he feared that a radical regime could take power in Pakistan, and thereby acquire nuclear weapons.

Experts also worried that while nuclear weapons were currently under firm control, with warheads disassembled, technology could be sold off by insiders during a worsened crisis.

Since then, however, US intelligence officials have expressed greater confidence regarding the security of Islamabad’s nuclear weapons.

The Pakistani military’s control of the country’s nuclear weapons is ‘a good thing because that’s an institution in Pakistan that has, in fact, withstood many of the political changes over the years,’ says Donald Kerr, Principal Deputy Director of National Intelligence.

Washington has ‘no reason at this point to have any concern with regard to the security’ of Islamabad’s nuclear arsenal, argues a Pentagon spokesperson.

http://http://news.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/dawn-content-library/dawn/news/world/11-pakistan-enhances-second-strike-n-capability--us-report--il--12

Don't know about that, anti-Indian offensive posts are deleted.

But if you say so, then it must be true.

Mate ... like all fingers on one's hand are not the same ... similarly .. all mods are not the same an neither do they have the same benchmark...
i think that would be the correct way to put it ...

:coffee:

Back
Top Bottom